• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in absolute truth?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, let me put it this way. There are many,many people that are sure that they know truth yet all of them believe something different. All of them will tell you"listen to me. I know I am right" if they all believe something different all can't be right if there is absolute truth. Only one can possibly be right.

Or everyone may be wrong

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a certain absoluteness about the world, about what comprises it and how it works. But meaning is necessarily subjective.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Hmmm, I don't think so. And why did you exclude religion this one time?

Just for that post only. Usually if then subsitude with religious facts then its like the end of discussion. Is religion important for you to learn the Absolute Truth then? Or do you have another approach that you want to put it here?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is why I lost interest in philosophy past a certain point. Lol. To answer- no. Which backs up my point further ;)

Thats where i stop as well...lol...for the same reason.

bedeviled1

There's a certain absoluteness about the world, about what comprises it and how it works. But meaning is necessarily subjective.

So you don't feel there is anything other than that natural world. Even then I'm not satisfied with the explanations of where, when and how it all began or we began

bedeviled1

Just for that post only. Usually if then subsitude with religious facts then its like the end of discussion. Is religion important for you to learn the Absolute Truth then? Or do you have another approach that you want to put it here?

That would be irrelevant. But I won't exclude anything for thought...yet...until I find the truth

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So your answer is no

My answer stays...there is an asolute truth...we will not find it. It is so far beyond our comprehension we will never reach its knowledge. We can work towards finding it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you don't feel there is anything other than that natural world. Even then I'm not satisfied with the explanations of where, when and how it all began or we began

I'm curious. Why does it matter to you where when and how it all began? Are you looking for purpose in your life, do you think knowing these things would show you what it is?

bedeviled1

My answer stays...there is an asolute truth...we will not find it. It is so far beyond our comprehension we will never reach its knowledge. We can work towards finding it.

So, in your opinion, it's useless to search for it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The only truth that can possibly pass as the absolute truth are laws of physics.

Therefore if we keep all those "psudo absolute truths" out of the mix I would actually dare to say "Yes".

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not necessarily talking about philosophy or religion or science. Just the truth.

You posed a philosophical question. Whether you want just a yes or no answer to that question? Not sure. I gave one. Anyone else expanding on explanation is venturing into philosophy. No escaping that.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is only one objective truth we need to concern ourselves with: That truth is subjective.

That the truth does not care if you seek it, honor it or not even care to acknowledge it.

But what's best for you- you already know what it is. You just have to remember. Your personal truth should matter more than what is independent of the individual. Because that truth desperately wants it to be sought, honored, and acknowledged and definitely in tune with your thoughts, feelings, intuitions and experience.

It just is.

Let go and be free.