• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you walk your talk? Do you practice what you preach?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1. “Judge not sayeth the lord for judgment is mine.” “The measure you give is the measure you get.”

Do you use labels, name calling and pejoratives with someone you disagree with? If you use negative subjective language on others, you are judging.

2. Do you truly turn the cheek? Do you argue when insulted? Or do you merely know this verse yet don’t practice it?

3. Jesus said to love thy neighbor. Personally this is too difficult. Do you at least keep a cool level objective head?

Irregardless of the person even if you find them distasteful do you, yourself talk in a respectful manner?

4. Jesus said, “Blessed are the meek and the blessed are the peacemakers.” It is said that if one achieves inner peace, no one can rock your boat.

If triggered do you succumb to negative subjective language? Do you engage with put downs, denigrating language, and angry argumentative speech?

5. It’s well and fine to state your position on what you believe in. Would people agree or disagree with the following philosophy? If someone states a dissimilar belief accept it and don’t argue.

Are you able to let go? Moreover you are being dogmatic and not allowing another to believe or not believe as they desire. If a person falls into a trap of trying to argue with a person in order to change their beliefs, it is an aspect of ego.

If you argue it is a pointless waste of time. It is a manifestation and reflection of psychological, emotional, and spiritual immaturity on your part

6. If you find yourself saying no to any of these questions you are not walking the talk nor practicing what you preach. Whether you are a Christian or have another belief, these are excellent guides to follow.

There are of course good Christians who at least put their best foot forward and try best as they are able to follow these.

There are too many lip servers who say they are Christian. They go to church and think that’s all they have to do to be saved.

There are many that don’t put in the effort to follow Jesus example. In scripture Jesus will say, “I never knew you.

The reason I am making this post is that according to Professor Dyson 90% of people are religious. I scroll up and down Facebook and see people blasting each other with their own position.

7. Jesus said, “Why do you see the speck in your neighbors eye, but do not see the log in your own eye?”

This is the simple key to world peace. Everybody stay responsible for your own life, thoughts and feelings. When I see a religious, secular or new age quote which labels other people, it amounts to an us verses them approach. LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“How are 1, Triggers 2. Cognitive Dissonance 3. Cognitive Distortions 4. Projections 5. Judgment and possibly 6. Arguments all interrelated?

I want to stress the importance of this. Understanding these dynamics can help people from falling into a pit led by their emotions.

Remember if you experience a negative emotion because what I have said or anyone else for that matter, you are caught in a cycle.

These principles are from is both CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) and REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy).

If I experience a negative emotion, there are cognitive distortions or irrational beliefs in your thought process.

The only amendments would be:

I. if I am in great physical pain
2. I am in a fight or flight scenario.
3. I find someone so anti-ethical to all I stand for.

For me an example would be Donald Trump. He offends me. It is important though that I not act on it or allow him to get under my skin. Rather deal with him in a rational and objective way. Don’t vote for him, simple.”

Quotation:
“If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.” Lao Tzu

If you want peace in the world i vow:

I. I am responsible for my own thoughts, feelings, speech, writing and actions irregardless of the situation or the person.

II. I will not repay negative energy with more negative energy. I will take the high road. I will walk the path least trodden upon because it is difficult.

III. How I act is a reflection of me. How they act is a reflection of them.” LightSun