• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Recipes

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feel free to post either originals or recipes that you like to cook a lot. I like scrolling through different recipes, so I thought it might be cool to have one new place for forum members to post some if they want.

image0.jpg

To start, here's an uggo pic and recipe of pound cake. I got the inspiration from a couple of other recipes (can't find them anymore so I can't link them for credit) but mine is simple and less sweet.

2 sticks salted butter
1.5 cups flour
3 large eggs + 1 yolk
0.25 cup heavy cream
vanilla flavoring
lemon juice (I don't measure this, maybe two squirts)
1 cup cane sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk the eggs, egg yolk, heavy cream, and vanilla in a medium bowl until slightly foamy; set aside. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until well combined, 1-2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl, then beat on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 5-6 minutes, adding lemon juice after about 3-4 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat in the flour until just combined. Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until combined. Scrape down the bowl; increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, 15 to 30 seconds.

Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until golden, from 40 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes. (Kind of depends on the oven, so think. Mine is usually done around 50. I recommend checking within this time range by poking a toothpick in the middle.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pulled pork, recipe courtesy of a family friend.

image0.jpg

Crockpot
1 pork tenderloin (I like the pre-seasoned Applewood Bacon flavor)
1 yellow or sweet onion
2 cups chicken broth
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Table blend or butter seasoning

Chop up the onion and lay it on the bottom of your crockpot.

Place the pork on top of the onion. Season it with salt, pepper, paprika, and either table blend or butter seasoning.

Pour two cups of chicken broth over the pork and onions.

Cook it on high for 6 hours.

When it's done, pull it apart with a fork.

*My sides were instant couscous and lemon garlic asparagus.

Basically, I just grilled the asparagus over butter and added lemon juice, chopped garlic, everything but the bagel seasoning, pepper.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, this isn't exactly a "recipe" but if anyone wants the base for Gatorade/electrolyte water for fasting, here you go.

• 1 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
  • 2 tsp of potassium "No salt" alternative.
  • 4 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar (with mother, aka the yeast)
  • 8 tbsp of Lemon juice (organic/fresh squeezed)

Mix all this into 1000 ml of water. It doesn't taste terrible, but it is a little bitter. You can sip it all throughout the day, and isn't made to be chugged. It also helps with hunger pangs, and promotes good gut bacteria.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I put recipes in notes on my phone especially if i get a request for it, like i have for lasagna a few times, and i can save them as images
kHRGsq6.jpg

8EneUET.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Wrote this up for my friend who I'm teaching how to cook. It's probably not the best chicken Alfredo ever but it's pretty damn good
Chicken alfredo_211002_082627_1.jpg
Chicken alfredo_211002_082627_2.jpg

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the best gazpacho recipe I have come across so far. And, yes, trust me, you need 10 tbsp of olive oil, even if that might seem excessive at first):
1kg very ripe tomatoes, diced
1 green and 1 red pepper, cut into small pieces
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
10 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp sherry or wine vinegar
100g (4 slices) day-old white bread
(crusts removed and soaked in water for an hour)
a pinch of cumin (to taste)
2 tsp salt
2 glasses of water

Put the tomatoes, peppers and cucumber in a large bowl. Add the garlic, oil and vinegar. The correct amounts of oil and vinegar make the difference between good and delicious gazpacho, and you must use extra-virgin olive oil for the perfect flavour. Squeeze the excess water from the bread and add it, stirring the ingredients together. Pour into a blender and mix gently. Once you have a smooth consistency use the back of a ladle to push the soup through a sieve, and if it's too thick add water - as gazpacho is eaten cold it should taste light and refreshing and have a liquid consistency. Add the cumin and salt, cover and refrigerate until cold. Serve with small bowls of the soup ingredients to garnish to taste. It serves 4.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2007/jun/03/features.magazine6

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(College Level; Sub par to decent) Coconut Curry Ramen
Note: Versatile to encompass literally whatever leftovers you possess; Makes 1 serving
1 package of instant ramen noodles (or an equal helping of ramen noodles of your choosing)
1 chicken breast (can be substituted with around 5 shrimp or tofu probably)
1/2-1 tbs of Thai red curry paste or curry powder
1/8-1/4 tsp Ginger powder
7 oz unsweetened coconut milk
1-1.5 cups of broth (chicken is best, vegetable broth also works)
(~1/4 tsp) Tumeric
(~1/2 tsp/to taste) Liquid Aminos/Soy sauce
(~1/4 tsp) Sesame oil
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Red Pepper
Vegetables of your choosing

[Good choices for fresh vegetables include small cut broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, snow peas water chestnuts]
[Frozen broccoli or "stir-fry mix" typically does the trick for lazy people such as myself]
*Optional, but good: Green Onion, Cilantro, Lime Juice, a boiled egg. Red pepper could potentially be substituted by other spice options such as siracha*

1) Pan fry your chosen protein utilizing salt, pepper, and a bit of soy sauce in oil or butter. It is easiest if your protein is precut into bite sized pieces If you are using fresh vegetables, you have the option to also fry "crunchier" vegetables such as broccoli or red pepper for reasonable soup texture

2) Bring to a boil broth choice and coconut milk. Add soy sauce/liquid aminos, sesame oil, ginger, turmeric, and curry seasoning prior to boiling. If you have chosen frozen vegetables, add them into the mix as well to defrost in the broth. If you have chosen chicken as your protein, slightly undercooking your chicken in the pan and adding it to this mixture can also generate nice textured chicken. Do NOT do this with shrimp or you will be very disappointed. Stir occasionally

3) When the mixture boils, add one serving of instant noodles, discarding the flavor pack. Let boil for at least/ ~6 minutes (or more if your noodles require). If you want a boiled egg and have not premade some fancy version of this, you can add one towards the beginning of a non-rumbling/soft boil to generate an egg with a typically soft yolk center. Stir occasionally.

4) Remove from heat and add optional ingredients if you so choose