• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Favourite Indian Food

Pinker85

Rasmalai. One of my closest friends as a kid was Indian, and his mom would make this for his afternoon snack. I love the mix of rosewater, cardamom and cream. I think it's like one of the tastiest flavor combinations ever. *drool* I still have yet to figure out how to make a good raw equivalent.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All nom nom nom...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None.

It makes my clothes and me smell like body odor.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg indian food sounds sooo good right now!!!

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i don't ways eat Indian, but when i do, i go to a place that lets me absolve my hands in rose water afterwards.

but fuck Indian. give me filthy, spicy fire-in-the-holes Pakistani instead. the place i go to cooks everything on an open flame by men with charred fingers. leaves me smelling like i travelled thousands of miles to roll around grinning on the dirty floor of a spice market.

(despite this, my favorite dish from this cuisine is a divine bastard: lobster masala from one of the few Indian restos with a Michelin star, Amaya in Belgravia.)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yummy. Mattar paneer and curry chicken with garlic nan bread to dip in the sauce.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha.... Don't tempt me to make a Thai food thread, as it is I'm about 'this close' to making a Chinese Food thread because of my love of Chinese Curry; That is, if there isn't a thread for Chinese food already.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^Chinese Curry?? That must be some sort of British naming thing.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
chicken tikka masala is pretty good. i think it tastes better than butter chicken.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In the US (outside of large cities with diverse Indian populations) I think most people's exposure is to the Punjab variety, it's also my favorite although I have liked almost every Indian dish I have tried regardless of the region.

Aloo Gobi
Lamb Korma
Biryani - I like lamb or veg with egg
Kebabs
Anything with paneer -paneer kofta is one of my favorites.
Raita of course and chutney, preferably pineapple with lots of spices.
Any of the wonderful bread products, sweet or savory - I really like a Peshwari type of naan stuffed with raisins, nuts and fennel seeds, topped with melted butter and coconut.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Samosa's all kinds, Vindaloo, Butter chicken, Cheese Naan, Chicken Vindaloo

I recently went to a cooking experience at one of the hotels here where a top rated Indian Chef taught us how to make Korma and Naan it was amazing!!

1633032683325.png

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really Indian, but coconut milk curry. I make it myself once in a while.

I am actually not a fan of Indian food, and I have tried various dishes. I always feel that it is way too overseasoned. I am a person of simple tastes.