• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You aren't an INFP.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dare you to tell me why I'm not INFP

Because you are? :shrug: the tag was a joke. Albeit a bad one I have to admit. It referred to when you joked about being an ISFJ a long while back.

I guess there's such a thing as too good relational memory. I scared my 8th grade teacher away because I remembered she told me she went on a camping trip. And when I saw her again and she gave me the "creep" look as if I stalked for that information. I just wanted her to feel like I listened to her. Oh well.

Although she was the only teacher I ever had a crush on but I never told her that so... :shrug:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hah, the SFJ legion continues to grow. :devil:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do not organize my outer world and dislike routine tasks. I prefer to go with the flow and don't necessarily like imposing myself on the world. I organize my inner world according to logical principals, and I am usually curious how things work. I get bored if there is no new idea around for me to mentally analyze and dissect, and can spend hours mentally debating a topic. Only once I have eliminated illogical ideas will I proceed to keep it catalogued in my internal filing cabinet. Beyond adhering to the principal of compassion when interacting with others, I tend to discount emotional "reasoning". I prefer to be alone, but I will not be cold to somebody unless I have repeatedly told them that an idea they keep bringing up is illogical. Eventually, I will just ignore the person, who is normally some form of conservative abrahamic monotheist. Those people are really annoying, especially when you tell them you've already heard their claim a dozen times and they are wasting their time talking to me. I prefer to be alone and my compassion principal extends only to people, not other life forms. Even if all beings suffer, only humans are relevant to my life.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I do not organize my outer world and dislike routine tasks. I prefer to go with the flow and don't necessarily like imposing myself on the world. I organize my inner world according to logical principals, and I am usually curious how things work. I get bored if there is no new idea around for me to mentally analyze and dissect, and can spend hours mentally debating a topic. Only once I have eliminated illogical ideas will I proceed to keep it catalogued in my internal filing cabinet. Beyond adhering to the principal of compassion when interacting with others, I tend to discount emotional "reasoning". I prefer to be alone, but I will not be cold to somebody unless I have repeatedly told them that an idea they keep bringing up is illogical. Eventually, I will just ignore the person, who is normally some form of conservative abrahamic monotheist. Those people are really annoying, especially when you tell them you've already heard their claim a dozen times and they are wasting their time talking to me. I prefer to be alone and my compassion principal extends only to people, not other life forms. Even if all beings suffer, only humans are relevant to my life.

You said logical, so definitly T !

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I know people who at first I thought were INFPs, but could be ISFJs. One problem is that when Kiersey wrote about MBTI types, I don't think the ISFJ description was as appealing as it should be. He talks about SJs as "worker bees", and who on earth says, "hey, that's me!". Yes, a lot of people have to conform to mindless work and feel obligated to conform, but that doesn't mean there isn't pure uniqueness inside. There is no discussion about sensory intuition and empathy. I knew one ISFJ who could buy the perfect gift for any animal or person. She could pick out a bed for an animal that they would absolutely love. When they are compassionate by nature, they are skilled at applying those kindnesses in reality. If there was a deeper, more nuanced descriptions for the ISFJ in the recent literature, then more people would accurately type as an ISFJ.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So not only are we kicking people out of the INFJ club, we're kicking them out of the INFP club too!? Jesus, the rest of us need to secure our borders :irked:

Build a wall. Heck everytype should build themselves a wall. Put the STJ's in charge of perimeter security with a NTJ manager.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok that's fine but i'm still awesome regardless of my type

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I became an unhealthy infp when i was depressed. I knew some one who's an infp too when he's depressed.. So i guess being an infp comes up with depression?!!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I became an unhealthy infp when i was depressed. I knew some one who's an infp too when he's depressed.. So i guess being an infp comes up with depression?!!
I think a lot of people equate Fi-dom with "intense personal emotion", and so I suspect the most mistypings for either ISFP or INFP would come from other types who are going through a period of intense person emotion, which could include depression.

If you read Jung and others, Fi is not just an intense personal emotion, but a rational way of processing emotion. In its own funny way, the behavior and emotional dynamics of depression are quite different from Fi. I think that Fi-doms could even become extremely analytical of their own emotions during depression because it isn't about an irrational feeling, but about understanding the intra-personal dynamics of ones own self.

If you subscribe to the "shadow" theory in MBTI, it suggests that when distressed, people tend to behave with their functions in reverse order. In that way a Ti-dom will act out based on Fe, and a Fi-dom will act out based on Te. So a depressed Fi-dom could actually become extremely analytical and focus on their T. I have seen in many instances, including personal experience, that T's become more emotional and irrational in distress while Fs become more detached and analytical when in distressed.