• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Will you take the COVID vaccine in 2021?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've hardly thought about about it. Given the amount of vaccine being produced and they way distribution is being prioritised, I doubt they will get round to me any time soon. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it is never offered to me.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here in Germany vaccinations will start on december 27th. There will be three phases. First the 80+, high risk medical staff and generally people in care and retirement homes, then the 70+ and those with certain preexisting conditions as well as police officers, the homeless and people in refugee homes, then 60+, people with other prexisting conditions and people working in essential jobs like fiefighters, teachers and retail

Everybody else will have to wait for quite some time...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Here in Germany vaccinations will start on december 27th. There will be three phases. First the 80+, high risk medical staff and generally people in care and retirement homes, then the 70+ and those with certain preexisting conditions as well as police officers, the homeless and people in refugee homes, then 60+, people with other prexisting conditions and people working in essential jobs like fiefighters, teachers and retail

Everybody else will have to wait for quite some time...

True but that should really cut out the core of the drama. But I am curious and I am thinking about the date: is 26th December public holiday in Germany as well ?

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You'd be no longer a "likely" possible lethal threat to others if, say, you caught it, had no symptoms and unwittingly passed it on.
It's the same thing as with wearing masks. You do it a bit for yourself, but you mostly do it for everybody else.

i have never heard that before... this is shocking new information...

i understand the concept; it doesn't mean i like the idea of subjecting myself to a rushed vaccine... the pushy narrative being shoved at people from every faucet doesn't appeal to me and draws out resistance... i am exactly the sort that usually tells someone to fuck off if they want to tell me what i "have to" do...

if it isn't clear, the only appeal of this thing (for me) is the benefit to others... i don't plan to base any decisions on if someone deciedes to shame me about my (unmade) choices... maybe that will work better on the next person you say it to...

anyway, i may do it or i may not...

post script:

sorry (sort of) about the aggressive tone, but i don't believe you thought you were telling me something new...

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(Apparently I already responded before lol :) but my opinion has since changed a little, so :laugh:)

I’ll wait to see how it turns out first before taking the vaccine (or getting mandated by my employer, whichever comes first). As it is, I’m working remotely as part of the IT department - so I’ll likely be among the last group of people anyway to take it.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
True but that should really cut out the core of the drama. But I am curious and I am thinking about the date: is 26th December public holiday in Germany as well ?

Yup, the 26th, also called "second day of Christmas", is a public holiday. Over here gift exchange is on the evening of the 24th and then the 25th and 26th are public holidays spent sitting around and eating.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i have never heard that before... this is shocking new information... i understand the concept; it doesn't mean i like the idea of subjecting myself to a rushed vaccine... the pushy narrative being shoved at people from every faucet doesn't appeal to me and draws out resistance... i am exactly the sort that usually tells someone to fuck off if they want to tell me what i "have to" do... if it isn't clear, the only appeal of this thing (for me) is the benefit to others... i don't plan to base any decisions on if someone deciedes to shame me about my (unmade) choices... maybe that will work better on the next person you say it to... anyway, i may do it or i may not... post script: sorry (sort of) about the aggressive tone, but i don't believe you thought you were telling me something new...
I'm sure you thought it through. What I'm saying is that you would give a bad example. I'm really annoyed that people tend think that they are responsible for their own health, while in this situation they are responsible for the health of others.
That applies mostly to wearing masks and social distancing, but also to vaccinations. I'd understand your attitude if the only thing available were Sputnik V that was evidently rushed (Putin wouldn't take it himself but tried it on his daughter). Even so, the worst thing might just be that they are ineffective. The newer vaccines don't seem to have the same issues.

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yup, the 26th, also called "second day of Christmas", is a public holiday. Over here gift exchange is on the evening of the 24th and then the 25th and 26th are public holidays spent sitting around and eating.

Not all countries have this but if it is a holiday it was kinda obvious what it was. I mean the 27th is Sunday so that is kinda awkward day to start vaccination, so I figured out that there probably has to be a catch with 26th.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sure you thought it through. What I'm saying is that you would give a bad example. I'm really annoyed that people tend think that they are responsible for their own health, while in this situation they are responsible for the health of others.
That applies mostly to wearing masks and social distancing, but also to vaccinations. I'd understand your attitude if the only thing available were Sputnik V that was evidently (Putin wouldn't take it himself but tried it on his daughter). Even so, the worst thing might just be that they are ineffective. The newer vaccines don't seem to have the same issues.

those other people should get this vaccination if they are so worried about it and it is so effective...

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have never heard that before... this is shocking new information...

i understand the concept; it doesn't mean i like the idea of subjecting myself to a rushed vaccine... the pushy narrative being shoved at people from every faucet doesn't appeal to me and draws out resistance... i am exactly the sort that usually tells someone to fuck off if they want to tell me what i "have to" do...

if it isn't clear, the only appeal of this thing (for me) is the benefit to others... i don't plan to base any decisions on if someone deciedes to shame me about my (unmade) choices... maybe that will work better on the next person you say it to...

anyway, i may do it or i may not...

post script:

sorry (sort of) about the aggressive tone, but i don't believe you thought you were telling me something new...

This is America at it's most 'murica.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
People are hesitant about vaccines but eat fast food, drink alcohol, and pop sex pills sold at gas stations.

Edit: I guess I just don't understand the logical inconsistency. If you just don't trust modern medicine and doctors and refuse to take any sort of pharmaceuticals l, I could at least be like "well, I don't agree but I can at least understand your position". If you take flu shots and regularly see a doctor, I don't see what makes this any more dubious a think than anything else most people regularly put in their bodies from medical professionals (flu shots, prescription medicine, ect).

We're in the most technologically advanced age in history thus far and had some of the best minds and institutions in the world working on this -- how long was it supposed to take? Furthermore, if other countries are also opting to approve and distribute this same vaccine, what makes it politicized outside of the context of America? I could see if this was some Trump government produced vaccine but this was made by a multinational biolab.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is America at it's most 'murica.

Sadly it's not just' murica.

I think many of the global problems of our time can be traced back to this toddler attitude. It's a worldwide phenomenon. However, America might be special in actually glorifying it to this degree.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I’m scheduled to get first dose of Pfizer tomorrow. I dunno if I want to follow through on the appointment. I’ve done no research.

Lark

I think its strange that this question, that vaccination per se, is a political issue or political choice.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’m scheduled to get first dose of Pfizer tomorrow. I dunno if I want to follow through on the appointment. I’ve done no research.

My mum just informed my siblings and I that she finally had an appointment for her vaccination. We were all very happy for her. She'll get the Pfizer vaccine, which apparently is the best one available (we jokingly called it "the champagne among covid vaccines") , but insists that she would have taken any of the other greenlighted vaccines (here in the EU they all had to go through the regular approval process, no emergency approval, in order to foster more trust and be on the safe side).

She is healthy and has no prexisting conditions but is scheduled due to her age (over 70). She's a retired science teacher and knows what she's doing.

Over here in Germany the vaccination process has been very slow due to bad logistics. Most young people here would kill for an appointment to get the Pfizer!

If for whatever private reason you don't want it, maybe call them up beforehand so they can schedule someone else. It would be a shame to waste the appointment or the dosis.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Getting my 2nd Pfizer dose next week. My grandmother got both of hers at the end of Feb-mid March. I signed my roommate up for it (I had more free time to keep refreshing the page for an opening) & she got dose#1 last week. Signed my best friend up for dose #1, which she’s getting next week. Pretty sure we’re all Pfizer. I felt ok after my first dose. So did my grandmother. Roommate got tired, but that was it.

I felt relief, mostly.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I’m more so concerned about potential negative long term effects and not so much about immediate side effects. I just need to research more and I don’t know what sources to trust.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

To the post above I will add that my mum also got Pfizer and she is totally ok, even if she evidently isn't one of the youngest and healthiest people around. Therefore if your health isn't a complete mess I really suggest that you go there a take it in order to remove yourself from this mess. Since mutated COVID isn't trivial problem even for young people. Personally I would do it if I had this choice, I am not playing fake moralist here.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I’m more so concerned about potential negative long term effects and not so much about immediate side effects. I just need to research more and I don’t know what sources to trust.

If you don't have a medical degree you just don't have the qualifications to truly understand how this works (and what is the truth). It is not a pretty thought but that is how it is, plus there is more misinformation out there than information. Therefore your only hope is to find the most official website you can find. Plus if you want to know something specific just call your doctor, or mention the issue in the interview at the vaccination site. Here they have a short chat with you about your health before they give you the actual vaccine.