• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why so much ESxx hate?

á´…eparted

passages
I actually quite like ESxx types, and as a general rule will likely get along with them. Several of my close friends over the years have been ESxx types. While I prefer extroverts, and will likely become closer with an ENxx type, I am more likely to have conflict with them or outright be repelled. To me, ESxx types are easy? :shrug:.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PUT EM UP [MENTION=23115]BadOctopus[/MENTION] (ง'̀-'́)ง

Surely you meant

งงง(ง'̀-'́)งงงง

;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At a carnival! Preferably popcorn. And win us a giant stuffed teddy bear while you're at it. :happy2:

or from a small shop that's closing for the night while you laugh and chase each other down the street, exploring every interesting possibility that arises :devil:

so many possibilities... and snacks! :holy:

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ESXX's usually achieve a demi-god status level of popularity among people.

mbagg170

MBTI Type
ENFP
maybe it's because ESXX are generally the least introspective and philosophical of all types. That can be annoying to the I and N types

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One can only handle so much shallowness before one must dive into the depths to recharge.
Hanging around ESxx types for too long gives me the bends.
I was inclined to agree at first, and generally do not get along well with ES types. Then I realized: the opposite of depth isn't always shallowness. Sometimes it is height: the visible splendor of mountain peaks vs. the mysterious beauty of the ocean floor.

No, and IN's could probably 'win' this forum from the ES's pretty quickly. They could develop a sort of a collective mind, with a multi-faceted, inter-IN collective mindset, and use it to develop a pretty fool-proof plot to take down the oppressive ES's. But even if the ES's forgo planning, unless IN's can find a way to continually allude the masses (distraction is key), IN's will be of no match in the outside world.
I wouldn't be so sure about this. The INs, or at least the IN_Js I know, (including myself) seem to be more than a match for the outside world when we put our minds to it.

INxxs on the other hand have to deal with the harder aspect of life, which is life. Intjs seem to be fine though. Quite fine.
What is this harder aspect of life, and why don't ES types have to deal with it as well?

What if all INTPs think of is really stupid shit - then what?
Then they are obviously mistyped ESFPs.

The world is not black and white: you don't have to hate somebody to want them away from you.
Absolutely. Reminds me of the rabbi in Fiddler on the Roof. Asked what was a proper blessing for the Tsar, he replied "May God bless and keep the Tsar . . . far away from us!"

Mane

Permabanned
I can see why Is might be more active here then Es (Assuming internet time counts as recharging time)... But regarding the N/S population difference I am guessing its because the dynamic common to how people determine their type here doesn't quite fit the dynamic of how people get typed in the general population when the statistics are formed (Tests). regardless of which you count as "The real type indicator", Whether that's because we are the mistyped ones or it's because testing isn't reliable, it is quite possible that if we had an internal culture that was more reliant on tests we'd have a similar state to the global statistics and if the statistics were taken from environments where people determine their type by our standards they'd end up as mostly Ns too.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was inclined to agree at first, and generally do not get along well with ES types. Then I realized: the opposite of depth isn't always shallowness. Sometimes it is height: the visible splendor of mountain peaks vs. the mysterious beauty of the ocean floor.
I would gladly hear more of this. You are saying the ES takes a panoramic view of life ("the big picture") and trusts the details come out in the wash, and in the meantime, just get on with enjoying themselves?
BTW, INFPs seem to cluster about E4 and E9, INTJs often about E5 and E6.
Are ES types then 3, 7, 8?
<snip>
Absolutely. Reminds me of the rabbi in Fiddler on the Roof. Asked what was a proper blessing for the Tsar, he replied "May God bless and keep the Tsar . . . far away from us!"
The old Soviet joke:
Q. "What do you think of [insert name e.g Brezhnev, Andropov, Gorbachev]?"
A. "I *don't* think of him, and I hope he never thinks of me!"

KitchenFly

It's a good question. I did not know that people in general tend to dislike ESXX types.

I myself can't authentically hate because it draws from me my own evil and that can never be given free licence... Is my own evil ESXX ,.. Wow! I'm to scared to think about that possibility.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love this image :)

ESXX's usually achieve a demi-god status level of popularity among people.
Damn, really? Clearly I didn't know my own strength.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i'm gonna up the ante, i've decided i hate eisnftpj types

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True ES types don't even know/like MBTI.

ESFJs are so concerned with their social life, they wouldn't bother with MBTI.
"I can't waste time on this, I gotta hang out with my friends!"

ESTJs would see it as pointless, time consuming, and ridiculous.
"How is this useless garbage gonna help me in life?"

ESTPs enjoy mainstream sports. Unknown psychology would bore them.
"What the hell is this? This is so abnormal..."

ESFPs would get bored of the lack of stimulation and get impatient.
"This is boring... I wanna party. OMG, are we done yet?"

That's what I hate most about ES types. Deliberate stupidity.

Maybe you have been bullied all your life because you talk to people like this? You sound like [a potato in the microwave]. Stop sitting around, feeling sorry for yourself and go outside and play. My best friend is an ENTP, so how you going to explain that?

Last edited by a moderator: