• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Why are sx-doms so common in typology communities?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see how feeling the lack of something is creative.

I've never thought of that word literally when people were speaking in terms of IV. I more thought about it as trying to describe a paradigm the opposite of what I am trying to get at when I say "Integrated into the person".

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never thought of that word literally when people were speaking in terms of IV. I more thought about it as trying to describe a paradigm the opposite of what I am trying to get at when I say "Integrated into the person".

Sorry, I don't understand.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, what?

I am like a very unfortunate form of empathetic that I am sure no one even notices at all. Like, whenever my parents fought as a child, it was like there was this agonizing discomfort in me that would compell me to act out thus making it all worse and creating conflict like the wonderful peacemaker I am, thus prompting my father to turn his anger on me. And right now I feel like I am having flashbacks of my younger self on TypoC. But also, I feel like 9's are being sent into the doubt-confirmation spiral in different ways (like I said in the thread I consider one expression of said spiral). Something I know all too well and that is very painful in itself. So just as I did when I was a child, and just as I do when I make it very clear that I am a drama queen through my actions, I am acting out. By refusing the doubt-confirmation spiral.

But also, I do not want to put the language "sx dom" before I want to put my experience. I hid it behind references to Sisyphus and oblique language at first because it was too much yet the expression there was more revealing than when I said it outright because it was "in the moment" so when it was taken as anything less than what I was saying, it hurt. That is when the language was imposed upon it instead of just being used as a tool to describe it, I felt like I couldn't get away from the words "sx dom" fast enough. I don't want to be an sx dom if my experience won't be seen for what it is.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, I don't understand.

I guess another way of putting it is I took creative to mean something close to more concious and less pillar-like within an individual. More overflowing. I think longing is active and more refined. Something like less embodied more expressed, though that's not the precise way my impression is.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I am like a very unfortunate form of empathetic that I am sure no one even notices at all. Like, whenever my parents fought as a child, it was like there was this agonizing discomfort in me that would compell me to act out thus making it all worse and creating conflict like the wonderful peacemaker I am, thus prompting my father to turn his anger on me. And right now I feel like I am having flashbacks of my younger self on TypoC. But also, I feel like 9's are being sent into the doubt-confirmation spiral in different ways (like I said in the thread I consider one expression of said spiral). Something I know all too well and that is very painful in itself. So just as I did when I was a child, and just as I do when I make it very clear that I am a drama queen through my actions, I am acting out. By refusing the doubt-confirmation spiral.

But also, I do not want to put the language "sx dom" before I want to put my experience. I hid it behind references to Sisyphus and oblique language at first because it was too much yet the expression there was more revealing than when I said it outright because it was "in the moment" so when it was taken as anything less than what I was saying, it hurt. That is when the language was imposed upon it instead of just being used as a tool to describe it, I felt like I couldn't get away from the words "sx dom" fast enough. I don't want to be an sx dom if my experience won't be seen for what it is.

Although I have a little trouble following your trains of thought and advanced vocabulary/conceptual nature, I think I understand what you are saying. I am sorry if I contribute to you feeling that way. I am sure that I did, but that was not my intention at all. I was overly reductionistic in my comparisons in order to get some sort of vibe across to people of where each instinct operates from at a core level. I think Sx is very lusty and playful, and not at all sinister inherently, and I was trying to convey that it's sort of like... a magnetic pull that comes from the chest/gut and sucks in what it likes. And yes, it does want what it likes to like it back and play the game alongside of it in union, it's just less about some sort of spatially in-between sense of security that feels most content when the tallies of how many times one scratches the other's back are near equal. It's more about that juicy connection, an electric tether that transmits little shocks back and forth.

I hope that sounds less offensive while still making sense.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Although I have a little trouble following your trains of thought and advanced vocabulary/conceptual nature, I think I understand what you are saying. I am sorry if I contribute to you feeling that way. I am sure that I did, but that was not my intention at all. I was overly reductionistic in my comparisons in order to get some sort of vibe across to people of where each instinct operates from at a core level. I think Sx is very lusty and playful, and not at all sinister inherently, and I was trying to convey that it's sort of like... a magnetic pull that comes from the chest/gut and sucks in what it likes. And yes, it does want what it likes to like it back and play the game alongside of it in union, it's just less about some sort of spatially in-between sense of security that feels most content when the tallies of how many times one scratches the other's back are near equal. It's more about that juicy connection, an electric tether that transmits little shocks back and forth.

I hope that sounds less offensive while still making sense.

The fact that you would react this way to my feelings means a lot to me, thank you. But you actually weren't responsible at all. Initially, I felt shocked and confused by what I thought you were saying but once you clarified further I wasn't in that state anymore. If anything, I was very unfair to you in my reaction.

You know, maybe I am constantly and unknowingly drunk. I feel like over the years I have become the weird foreign exchange student speaking Chinese due to life events. I don't usually find it super distressful when others misunderstand me but this time was really different.

Let me join sp/sx's e9 division plz, everyone keeps telling me that's what I am (not that I mind). Probably because I'm lazy, reclusive, and afraid of many things normal people aren't, even words apparently.

But yeah, I like this new description's greater clarity and it more or less aligns with the gist of what I thought you were saying after you explained more.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't appreciate my experiences being implied to be not as valid as someone else's. Maybe that makes me so? Heh.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't appreciate my experiences being implied to be not as valid as someone else's. Maybe that makes me so? Heh.

Oh no I wasn't implying that. I'm really sorry if it seemed that way. I'm super terrible at accurately communicating my understandings of things because they're so dumb and impressionistic. I was trying to say our experiences are different. I'm not anyone to tell you that your experiences aren't valid.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh no I wasn't implying that. I'm really sorry if it seemed that way. I'm super terrible at accurately communicating my understandings of things because they're so dumb and impressionistic. I was trying to say our experiences are different. I'm not anyone to tell you that your experiences aren't valid.

Your understandings are anything but dumb, LL. You are very bright.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your understandings are anything but dumb, LL. You are very bright.

Thank you. Luminous, I want to tell you that I know typology is very painful for 9's and that none of what I have ever done in this thread or when I tell you that I think you're not sx/sp but so/sx is to hurt you despite that knowledge. Rather, it is because I know that the only way to grow is through that pain.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All I see in this thread...... still adorable.

Now for the actual question of the title, I'm not sure what statics they based it on.
There may seem to be a lot of sx doms cuz they dominate their interests.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To answer the topic question (again): because it's full of social justice warriors (and working class people not really having the time or education to analytically dwell on the theory).

To answer the topic question (again): because it's full of social justice warriors (and working class people not really having the time or education to analytically dwell on the theory).

What a delightfully simplistic view of the world you possess. Working class equals stupid? Any more insightful opinions from that dreadfully underwhelming lump of lesions you call a brain?

Don’t bother answering, it’s more than obvious you’re overcompensating for several deficiencies in your life. Sad that you have to come here and hurl insults at others to feel marginally better about yourself.

Irony. What is it. :huh:

If you believe that’s why I come here then might I suggest you actually bother to pay attention to the history of my interactions before interjecting. Then maybe as an informed participant you can dazzle us with your quips.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
If you believe that’s why I come here then might I suggest you actually bother to pay attention to the history of my interactions before interjecting. Then maybe as an informed participant you can dazzle us with your quips.

I stand corrected. Clearly you did not "come here and hurl insults at others to feel marginally better about yourself."

It's ok.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because, baby... we are sexy and we know it.

Dominantly sexy. Totally what it stands for.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What a delightfully simplistic view of the world you possess. Working class equals stupid? Any more insightful opinions from that dreadfully underwhelming lump of lesions you call a brain?

Don’t bother answering, it’s more than obvious you’re overcompensating for several deficiencies in your life. Sad that you have to come here and hurl insults at others to feel marginally better about yourself.

Haha, yes I do. Recalling now your contributions in the So blind spot topic, I remember you as someone who is wandering mostly aimlessly in this waiting room or lounge towards something way much bigger. I remember you as a playful cynic, a dabbler so to speak, an opportunist on the lookout. An image man. You're not here for the cause, you're here for the profit you may reap from the believers efforts. You're the guy who having learned some partial truths from the theory, say, "Christianity," would soon wield those ideals against others, as the opportunity arises, in order to build his own status, derive authority.

So poor people are indeed more stupid... sometimes because they don't have the money to buy time, books, energy. And sometimes because they just spite the ones who have.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Haha, yes I do. Recalling now your contributions in the So blind spot topic, I remember you as someone who is wandering mostly aimlessly in this waiting room or lounge towards something way much bigger. I remember you as a playful cynic, a dabbler so to speak, an opportunist on the lookout. An image man. You're not here for the cause, you're here for the profit you may reap from the believers efforts. You're the guy who having learned some partial truths from the theory, say, "Christianity," would soon wield those ideals against others, as the opportunity arises, in order to build his own status, derive authority.

So poor people are indeed more stupid... sometimes because they don't have the money to buy time, books, energy. And sometimes because they just spite the ones who have.

I can only speak for myself, but also no one likes you. :bye: