• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type do you not get?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Impromptu mini-lesson time!
I am going to annoy you all with these whenever I feel like it until I get banned forever. I already sit alone in the cafeteria, so I cannot further alienate myself.

His OP type is: MM-Ti/Ne-CP/B(S)

This makes him basically the most extroverted and forceful type of INTP possible. He has Masculine Si and Masculine Fe, which makes him a forceful communicator, teacher, and leader (specifically of Si + Fe stuff... "This is the way the people should do and value things!").

I've looked into Objective personality a little. What is Masculine Si and Masculine Fe, though? I do like the way OP focuses on things like Ti-Ne and Ti-Si, though. I'm guessing Sanders is not Ti-Si but rather Si-Fe.

I am not, and it occurs to me that this is why I often get frustrated when I am in groups where something needs to get done but there is nobody coordinating. I sense the need for coordination, but I really hate the thought of doing it. I think I might need to, though, to avoid getting irritated. But I hate the idea of having to teach and lead... I tend to feel like people should already see what I see and get impatient with them for not doing so.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I've looked into Objective personality a little. What is Masculine Si and Masculine Fi, though? I do like the way OP focuses on things like Ti-Ne and Ti-Si, though. I'm guessing Sanders is not Ti-Si but rather Si-Fe.

I am not, and it occurs to me that this is why I often get frustrated when I am in groups where something needs to get done but there is nobody coordinating. I sense the need for coordination, but I really hate the thought of doing it. I think I might need to, though, to avoid getting irritated. But I hate the idea of having to teach and lead... I tend to feel like people should already see what I see and get impatient with them for not doing so.

Sanders is TiNe. In OP, functions are identified as being used in pairs that each have a specific purpose. Sanders uses his functions in the following pair orders, from greatest to least:

TiNe
NeFe
SiFe
TiSi

Despite his SiFe being in 3rd position (which makes it a "demon" and not a "savior"), his is double-masculine. Masculine functions are the functions we are more forceful or punchy with (everyone has two masculine and two feminine), so by the time he gets to it, it's still pretty powerful. His last function pair (TiSi) is the most introverted and low energy one, so he's really amped all the way up. Most "standard" INTPs in Meyers-Briggs would be automatically assumed to be TiNe first, then TiSi (if you were going to sort of cross-compare MB to OP... in reality, there wouldn't be a place in MB for someone like Sanders, which is why no one can type him correctly).

Sanders is what is referred to as a "glass lizard", meaning that he is double-activated on his last Function (Fe), so even though he looks like a snake, he is still in fact a lizard (glass lizards are lizards that have no legs and thus look like snakes).

Basically, he looks like an extrovert because of having extra Fe, and forceful Fe at that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sanders is TiNe. In OP, functions are identified as being used in pairs that each have a specific purpose. Sanders uses his functions in the following pair orders, from greatest to least:

TiNe
NeFe
SiFe
TiSi

Despite his SiFe being in 3rd position (which makes it a "demon" and not a "savior"), his is double-masculine. Masculine functions are the functions we are more forceful or punchy with (everyone has two masculine and two feminine), so by the time he gets to it, it's still pretty powerful. His last function pair (TiSi) is the most introverted and low energy one, so he's really amped all the way up. Most "standard" INTPs in Meyers-Briggs would be automatically assumed to be TiNe first, then TiSi (if you were going to sort of cross-compare MB to OP... in reality, there wouldn't be a place in MB for someone like Sanders, which is why no one can type him correctly).

Sanders is what is referred to as a "glass lizard", meaning that he is double-activated on his last Function (Fe), so even though he looks like a snake, he is still in fact a lizard (glass lizards are lizards that have no legs and thus look like snakes).

Basically, he looks like an extrovert because of having extra Fe, and forceful Fe at that.

True about glass lizards. The difference is that glass lizards have ears!

I am Ti- Ne and Ti -Si (although I'm not sure which is first..). I have no idea what would be masculine or feminine. Where could I get some clues about that?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I understand mostly everything and everyone for the most part, and I have great understanding. This said, there are someone whom I might understand a little bit less. Don't get me wrong, I still claim a high understanding of everyone.

ESTP are those cool people who might do things on such irregular basis. I've done extremely lot of stuff with them but there's still a measure of unknown.

Women. They are easy to understand. Just like the ESTP. Should I join the gang on agreeing that women are hard? No. I haven't got any feelings for that. Sorry to piss on your porrige if you thought I'd join the camp who says women are difficult to understand. No.

ESFJ. How does that person regularly do their business? I understand the ESFJ but there might be a bit more random than for other types for me to understand. So you heard the salmon industry expert Jack did this and the marriage of him and her are now in question? Sorry if I dropped of the track from your explanations, ESFJ. You are mildly - if not much - hard to understand.

INTJ. YOu are somewhat hard to understand but that's just because your mind actually produce something. Why wouldn't anyone with that background be somewhat hard to understand. But given you're an introverted duplicate of me, you are not actually hard to understand.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm curious on what you meant when you said managing perceptions. Care to elaborate?
They - some of them, at least - are very good at filtering and spinning information to make the impression they want without actually being dishonest. They have a way of saying things that makes it difficult to question without coming off as incredibly rude. It can feel a bit slimy at times.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Do you mean people view this fear as Fe on your part; or you associate people misinterpreting you with Fe on their part?

I think I have the most trouble with SF types, especially in RL. Often it feels like we are speaking different languages, even in the simplest communications on practical matters. I do much better with NFs, especially NFPs, likely due to shared Fi-Te. Results with NFJs are more mixed. I have had some great discussions with NFJs in RL, but then one of my worst supervisors was an ENFJ. They have a way of trying to manage perceptions at times that can make me hesitant to trust them.

How about ESFPs specifically?(as they are supposed to be your duals)

Enneagram wise, 2s and 8s come to mind. Well, 2 is a little more understandable but still. Yes, I like attention, but is it really about being needed? No, it's more about recognized, which is why I type as having a 3 wing. I also don't get to the compulsive need to help. In my head it's like, "I gotta help myself before I can help anyone else." I like to be useful yes, and helping is one way to be useful but there are other things that make me feel useful that don't necessarily involve helping. I also just don't want to smother others, I want them to be independent and try to figure things out for themselves for awhile. 8s, I find most forms of anger disgusting so I can't fathom expressing it so freely. I also don't have much interesting in controlling others-getting my way is appealing yes but not at the expense of others free will.

MBTI wise, anything on the Ni/Se axis. How can you just limit yourself just to one thing? How can you just take in everything around you, without stopping for a moment to reflect, and without being sensually bombarded?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI wise, anything on the Ni/Se axis. How can you just limit yourself just to one thing? How can you just take in everything around you, without stopping for a moment to reflect, and without being sensually bombarded?

I'm the opposite. I don't get Ne/Si at all even if I try. Coming up with many possibilities is wild to me. And I don't understand how senses can be subjective to just one person, let alone filtering the world through those subjective senses.

skimpit

I wonder if it's because I supposedly have Si/Ne or whatever that I see the possibility for Se/Ni working just as well as my preference and it's not strange to me. I try not to be biased in my evaluation, thinking what I like could be weird to some others as well. We all have both, and theoretically we can use both, so?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te dom especially coupled with Si makes little sense to me. It seems so exhausting and excessive and far more energy than necessary generally and a certain strictness I don't really get. Despite the over exertion it's still impressive though.. but I dislike the micromanaging and doing things the same way every time too much, but that's just me. Some people are different and that's okay. But other than that, hmmm, one's world revolving purely around emotions and values? I can't understand that it's so alien to me, but I find it admirable at the same time and kinda attractive, very interesting and pure in a way. As long as it isn't pushed into people too much anyway. Since I don't think in values much, I analyze and explore in thoughts and ideas and possibilities, values are something I've been developing and trying to understand since I was young. At least, internal values. Wholistic values makes sense to me, whatever works for us all in some way, keeps some sort of balance or harmony, or fairness (logical framework, what makes sense), but I never had an internal value system that I just "knew" from the beginning and always felt strongly innately and naturally. The whole "There is Right, and There is Wrong, and you just Know it". I think in terms of what makes sense, and 'Let's experiment with this, if it bothers me or them I'll realize it isn't right and avoid it). So Fi doms I don't entirely understand but I find it intriguing and am drawn to it nonetheless.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If we mean "not getting" as in "how could a person be like this?", then leave it to me to shit on an e9 typing.

If by not getting, we mean like a literal misunderstanding of how the typing works, then I can't with a straight face say I fully understand the difference between a 5w6 and a 6w5 person. I am so sorry.

koyomii

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being a one. How do you live permanently with a stick up your ass about right and wrong? how do you have fun?
The rest of the types make sense, but being a 1 sounds terrible.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ's. And I'm--- pardon my French, fucking good at "getting" people.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I used to think I'm a 4 and I think that after reading about all types, it's ironically 4.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Traumatized e1s and e2s are the hardest for me to connect with.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Unhealthy heart triads are the only ones that really come to mind, and it's more not connecting with them rather than not "getting" them. Even if I don't fully grasp the mindset of some types, I can kind of understand where they're coming from.

AnthroPolyBee

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The "type" of people I don't get are those on this forum who keep trying to "guess" people's types, or insist a person isn't "x" even though the person has clearly stated who/what they are. Those are the one's I don't get and they come in nearly every MBTI/Enna/etc. combo, though they're usually American.