• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my enneagram type?

MBTI Type
INFP
I've deliberated this question frequently in the past, but often feel as if my enneagram type is ambiguous due to the fact that so many different characteristics apply to me. I can be rather worrisome, mistrusting, and pessimistic when it comes to unfamiliar situations, always anticipating the least favorable outcome. I dislike uncertainty or having unanswered questions, and hesitate at the face of confusion. This can lead me to be procrastinate and appear indecisive when it comes to choosing a course of action, due to my continuous fear of failure, harm, or disappointment.

While I do tend to be rather sensitive and emotional, I often try to remain as peaceful and unobtrusive as I can when it comes to expressing my feelings. I often undertake the role of a silent observer who enjoy people-watching and then contributing her insights to those who will listen. Regardless, I am often meek when it comes to voicing my opinions, due to my desire to maintain the peace and avoid offending others. Although I do admittedly have a hidden temper when an injustice has occurred or one of my values is threatened, I generally feel ashamed once I've unexpectedly had an emotional outburst and quickly try to make amends. If possible, I will try my best not to engage myself in conflict and wish to be communicated with sincerely in order to avoid misconceptions. What I value most in my interactions with others is openness and honesty, and I appreciate it when people express the truth in a respectful way. I feel communication is an important element in connecting with humanity, and prefer feeling as if I am another person's equal to being around someone whom is too blunt and has an intimidating presence.

It is relatively difficult however for me to form lasting bonds with others, due to my tendency to silently withdraw and retreat into my shell when I feel a lack of connection in a friendship/relationship. I am quite idealistic when it comes to my perception of people, and believe that I am frequently dissatisfied with my relationships due to expecting too much or "romanticizing" the other person. While I do believe that human beings often have ulterior motives and have the capacity to act selfishly in pursuit of their gains, I like to assume that people are not innately "evil", have some trace of goodness underlying the bad, and are able to change. Eventually although I find myself pleasing others excessively while receiving little in return or witness people falling short of my expectations, which causes me to slowly detach from said person and gradually give up on the relationship. I never feel as if the other individual cares for me as much as I care for them and feel undervalued or misrepresented in most of my connections with people. I sometimes question just how much of an influence I can truly have upon society, since I tend to feel small and ineffective against the collective whole.

I struggle when it comes to leadership roles due to my want of being a harmonizer and trying to accommodate to every perspective I see, and struggle to simplify all the options and settle for a single way of viewing things. I am also fairly quiet and unassuming on a daily basis and can go through extended periods without saying much to others, due to being uncertain over how to best communicate and make myself heard without causing friction or getting hurt. It is bothersome to live this way nonetheless since it prevents me from obtaining what I most desire, which is support and unconditional love from people. I feel as if most people know little of me and view me as unapproachable due to my introverted demeanor.

I experience most of my life inside my own head and spend much of my spare time daydreaming of an ideal world and what I wish would occur. Rather than actively working toward my goals and trying to actualize my desires into a reality, I devote my days to fantasizing and never quite accomplish what I'd want to. I have trouble setting goals for myself and am often misinterpreted as being lazy, although I attribute my lack of achievement simply to having low initiative and motivation. I have tried to start projects in the past, but struggle to complete them due, again, to thinking negatively, being perfectionistic, and foreseeing the worst results.

All this being said, what do you guys think my enneagram type would be?

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Idk but I get a very 9ish/6ish vibe, with a possible 5/4 in the tritype.

Do forgive me if im wrong though.