• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Whats my core type? (8, 4, or 5)

rav3n

I
Yes, I desire peace but i'm not going to be peaceful to random people - if they annoy me. Sp isn't just a flavor, it's the majority of actual 9s. It is no wonder that 9 INFPs often keep thinking they are 4s due to these bland descriptions that sound like ISFJs.
What's interesting is that a substantial portion of enneagram sixes are STJs who can't be accused about being scattered by any stretch of the imagination, which is also your claim.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's interesting is that a substantial portion of enneagram sixes are STJs who can't be accused about being scattered by any stretch of the imagination, which is also your claim.

?? Scatteredness is a 7 thing not a 6 thing. What is your claim that most STJs are then because it's a pretty 6 world for a reason.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Refer to above. Headless chickens are usually considered scattered.

I meant they are very anxious and very inquisitive. Scatteredness is a 7 thing, however.

Edit: Are you defending 6s? Confused. I am 6's biggest defender but I am telling it like it is based on the OP being pegged a 6.

rav3n

I meant they are very anxious and very inquisitive. Scatteredness is a 7 thing, however.
Go back to my exchange with the OP in this thread. The anxiety and presumption of ill intent should be ragingly obvious to you.

Edit: Are you defending 6s? Confused. I am 6's biggest defender but I am telling it like it is based on the OP being pegged a 6.
Nope. Simply pointing out where your understanding of enneagram, appears to have deviated from enneagram profiles, fears and desires.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Go back to my exchange with the OP in this thread. The anxiety and presumption of ill intent should be ragingly obvious to you.
This is all possible behaviour from a disintegrated 9.

''Stress Point: 6, The Loyalist

-When 9 goes to 6, reactivity and worry replaces passivity
-Goes to self doubt; feels a sense of frozenness/paralysis
-Seeks security in external structures that appear solid/safe
-Result of having to make decisions, or handling change/loss
-Becomes suspicious; anxiety intensifies; is more pessimistic'' from EnneaApp

Nope. Simply pointing out where your understanding of enneagram, appears to have deviated from enneagram profiles, fears and desires.

Plenty of people who aren't 9s have the same fear and desire especially if they are integrated 6s. It is not just about a description, basic desire or basic fear - it is about the passions, fixations, harmonic groups, defense mechanisms and stress modes as well.

Edit: For some reason, I only got this bit.

Type Nine in Brief
Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace.

The point is that it doesn't mean that a 9 is going to be that way with everyone. Most 9s are sp first which isn't a flavor because it is a form of exclusivity.

rav3n

This is all possible behaviour from a disintegrated 9.

''Stress Point: 6, The Loyalist

-When 9 goes to 6, reactivity and worry replaces passivity
-Goes to self doubt; feels a sense of frozenness/paralysis
-Seeks security in external structures that appear solid/safe
-Result of having to make decisions, or handling change/loss
-Becomes suspicious; anxiety intensifies; is more pessimistic'' from EnneaApp

Plenty of people who aren't 9s have the same fear and desire especially if they are integrated 6s. It is not just about a description, basic desire or basic fear - it is about the passions, fixations, harmonic groups, defense mechanisms and stress modes as well.

Edit: For some reason, I only got this bit.

The point is that it doesn't mean that a 9 is going to be that way with everyone. Most 9s are sp first which isn't a flavor because it is a form of exclusivity.
Can you link where you're quoting this information from? It helps TypoC, relative to copyright law. It also gives me an idea where your ideas are coming from.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you link where you're quoting this information from? It helps TypoC, relative to copyright law. It also gives me an idea where your ideas are coming from.

You'd have to download the EnneaApp for it. You could try to search it into Google, however.

rav3n

You'd have to download the EnneaApp for it. You could try to search it into Google, however.
You're using a mobile app to type people?

Here's the RHETI version of disintegration. You'll notice that withdrawal is a nine issue, not aggression.

Type Nine — The Enneagram Institute

Unhealthy Levels

Level 7: Can be highly repressed, undeveloped, and ineffectual. Feel incapable of facing problems: become obstinate, dissociating self from all conflicts. Neglectful and dangerous to others.

Level 8: Wanting to block out of awareness anything that could affect them, they dissociate so much that they eventually cannot function: numb, depersonalized.

Level 9: They finally become severely disoriented and catatonic, abandoning themselves, turning into shattered shells. Multiple personalities possible. Generally corresponds to the Schizoid and Dependent personality disorders.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're using a mobile app to type people?

My gut feeling says that the OP is a 9w8 ISTP.

Here's the RHETI version of disintegration.
That is an unhealthy 9 not a disintegrated 9.

You'll notice that withdrawal is a nine issue, not aggression.
Most ISTPs 9w8s are considered to be aggressive hence why they often mistype as 8w9s.

rav3n

My gut feeling says that the OP is a 9w8 ISTP.
I think your gut's off this time.

That is an unhealthy 9 not a disintegrated 9.
That's fair but as you can see, there's no mention of aggression.

When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), complacent Nines suddenly become anxious and worried at Six.

The OP's a combination of aggression and anxiety which is what happens when a six disintegrates.

When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), dutiful Sixes suddenly become competitive and arrogant at Three.

Type Six — The Enneagram Institute

The only way that a nine would become aggro while anxious is if you believe that they disintegrate to six who then disintegrates to three. That would take a lot of standing on your head to believe that.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think your gut's off this time.
6's are pretty easy for me to spot and i'm an expert in enneagram.

That's fair but as you can see, there's no mention of aggression.

I did bring up that a ISTP 9w8s are often seen as a aggressive and they often don't relate to the 9 stereotypes.

The OP's a combination of aggression and anxiety which is what happens when a six disintegrates.
Aggression could apply to a 9w8 with a heavy wing. 9w8s are fairly different to 9w1s because of the 8 wing.

Type Six — The Enneagram Institute

The only way that a nine would become aggro while anxious is if you believe that they disintegrate to six who then disintegrates to three. That would take a lot of standing on your head to believe that.

How is he aggro? He just didn't seem to care for your tone which is pretty normal.

rav3n

I did bring up that a ISTP 9w8s are often seen as a aggressive and they often don't relate to the 9 stereotypes.
My gut tells me that ISTP 9s don't exist. They're more likely mistyped ISFPs, usually males who don't want to be typed as feelers.

Aggression could apply to a 9w8 with a heavy wing. 9w8s are fairly different to 9w1s because of the 8 wing.
Nah, they primarily behave as their core type of nine with a slight twist but they don't behave counter to their core type.

How is he aggro?
Have you read many of the OP's posts?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My gut tells me that ISTP 9s don't exist. They're more likely mistyped ISFPs, usually males who don't want to be typed as feelers.

9w8 is most inclined to ISTP but agree to disagree at this point.

rav3n

9w8 is most inclined to ISTP but agree to disagree at this point.
That's also not true.

MBTI & Enneagram Type Correlations

PztIWVg.jpg

But sure, we can agree to disagree.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you a six or a counterphobic six?
I lean more to the phobic side of the continuum than the countephobic. So, I would classify myself as a phobic six. I'm also a sp 6 too, and we're supposedly the 6s most likely to appear phobic.

rav3n

I lean more to the phobic side of the continuum than the countephobic. So, I would classify myself as a phobic six. I'm also a sp 6 too, and we're supposedly the 6s most likely to appear phobic.
This might be an interesting read for you, in order to understand the different strategies that a six and a CP6 adopt.

Enneagram Type 6 - The Loyalist

The truly confounding element when it comes to typing Sixes is that there are two fundamentally different strategies that Sixes adopt for dealing with fear. Some Sixes are basically phobic. Phobic Sixes are generally compliant, affiliative and cooperative. Other Sixes adopt the opposite strategy of dealing with fear, and become counterphobic, essentially taking a defiant stand against whatever they find threatening. This is the Six who takes on authority or who adopts a dare devil attitude towards physical danger. Counterphobic Sixes can be agressive and, rather than looking for authorities, can adopt a rebellious or anti-authoritarian demeanor. Counterphobic Sixes are often unaware of the fear that motivates their actions. In fact, Sixes in general, tend to be blind to the extent of their own anxiety. Because it is the constant back drop to all of their emotions, Sixes are frequently unaware of its existence, as they have nothing with which to contrast it.

Because Sixes so frequently fail to appreciate the extent of their own fear, they often mistype themselves. It is common for instance, for female Sixes to mistype as Twos, especially if they are identified with a helper role, but Sixes have a much more ambivalent attitude towards relationships than do Twos, who generally know exactly what they want. Sixes, failing to recognize their anxiety, can mistype as Nines, but Nines have the ability to relax and to trust in others, neither of which come easily to Sixes. Sixes can mistype as Fours, especially if they have artistic inclinations, but they lack the Four's self-absorption. They can mistype as Fives, especially if they are intellectual, as many Sixes are, but unlike Fives, Sixes tend to be practical. Finally, conterphobic Sixes can easily mistype as Eights, but they lack the Eight's self-certainty.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@misfortuneteller I am definitely not a 9.

The only other thing I could be is a 1. On top of 5 integrating to 8. I have not ruled out 6, but I think I am way more of a 4.

Basic Fear: That they have no identity or personal significance
Basic Desire: To find themselves and their significance (to create an
identity)

I especially resonate with these ^

Not these v

Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
Basic Desire: To have security and support

I need neither security, support or guidance. I have never had it to begin with, as being self-sufficient, self-improving, and self-reliant is a major aspect of my personality. It comes naturally to me, and I never felt the desire or fear of not having anyone to turn to. Life knocks me down, and I get up. Over and over again. But I am not adverse to risks either. I mean, I ran across the continent to date a guy I just met online, just so I could change my shitty life and start new. That kind of behavior isn't 6, or 6cp at all. What I do want, is to discover who I am. I struggle with disassociation, and learning what kind of person I am is highly important to me.

Another thing I want to add, is literally none of you know me. If you want to talk to me, come to discord. I also don't appreciate everyone ignoring my posts, and asserting their impressions over discussion.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, my behavior here is very real (excluding a few random posts that were meant simply as jokes, but no one seemed to get it). You'll be much more confused with me irl when you see how I look, and hear me talking.
We don't have much opportunity to see actual behavior in an online setting, only words and posted links. If a person is being candid, that is usually a better basis for typing than behavior anyway, for reasons already explained.

Well, I think they find it quite easy to make a fuss in this environment where the whole forum comes to life only if there is a lame interpersonal fight and almost every honest criticism is perceived as a personal attack. How do you explain this to yourself?
For me to try to explain your inaccurate perceptions of the forum would require a level of assumption and speculation I prefer not to indulge in.

Unchallenged? In what way? I mean, do all posters need to be challenged to fit in?
I meant they do not have enough to occupy or amuse them in RL, so they get their jollies trolling here. In short, they need to get a life.

Actually, I don't see how this place is attracting anything else than idle conversations. I understand the whole fluff part and it doesn't bother me at all as long as nobody expects me to participate in the butt kissing or in organized bullying, which is just as repulsive and inhibiting - but, hey, this is mandatory here. On the other hand, most (if not all) discussions are predominantly dull, no one bothers to be intellectually honest, which is supposed to be the most important thing in an online interaction because anything else is just dust in the wind.

And criticism doesn't equate trolling! If you see it that way, I feel sorry for you. I have nothing else to say about it, already repeating myself.
You are welcome to your opinions. If you are dissatisfied with this forum, your best options are to post a feedback thread offering constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement, or to move on to greener pastures. The fact that you keep posting suggests you do find some value in it, and that whatever problems you see are not sigificant enough to motivate you to take action.

Another thing I want to add, is literally none of you know me. If you want to talk to me, come to discord. I also don't appreciate everyone ignoring my posts, and asserting their impressions over discussion.
Ignoring your posts? I see quite a few responses in this thread, and isn't "asserting their impressions over discussion" the point of participating in a thread? I may be misunderstanding exactly what you are objecting to here. In any case, if you start a thread on the forum, you can expect responses from members who browse the forum but don't sign on to Discord.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@misfortuneteller I am definitely not a 9.

I'd rather you said definitely not a 9w8 because a lot of 9w8s don't relate to the 9 stereotypes.

I said it was a gut feeling.