• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the single most greatest act of evil one could do?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am talking about a single action. Not multiple actions, just to clarify. What is single-handedly the most evil thing one can do? Also, to clarify... Genocide is a multi-action, therefor disqualified from this (and similar actions). Since humans, have arguable differences in morality... I want to know what people consider the single greatest act of evil... of all time.

For me... its arguably getting someone else to commit an evil act for you. Corruption of an individual. Even more so, if you convince said individual that the action they are doing is for "Good".

Thoughts and opinions are all welcome.

Alice Unchained

For me... its arguably getting someone else to commit an evil act for you. Corruption of an individual. Even more so, if you convince said individual that the action they are doing is for "Good".
Interesting. I disagree, though. It implies that a person is not responsible for their actions. Nobody could be convinced that something is "good", if they don't allow it.

I would say torture of any kind because it seems so unnecessary - causes excessive suffering to no end. The counter argument would be that the evidence of torture practices can alarm society for pathological deviance, which roots can then be investigated and this is ultimately a good thing. In any case, I would put it on the top of my list of evilness.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The most evil act is when pain is inflicted on another being for no other motivation than pleasure in seeing the suffering. Sadism is worse than any survival motivated action.

For the single action, it would be a sadistic rape resulting in death especially from a friend or family. I think Michele Martens committed this most evil act murdering her young daughter Victoria in New Mexico.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
infanticide--the murder of a completely defenseless (and likely trusting) infant. that doesn't sit well with me. pointless torture of animals is also something that bothers me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
another one that would rank high for me is misleading patients into believing they are being helped when they are being harmed or used as little more than guinea pigs (i.e. Tuskegee experiment)

VerilyVinx

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1w2
So like mind you, in my personal way of existence, I don't believe in the concept of "good" and "evil". Meaning, I believe you can do a "good" deed with harmful intentions (example, treat people well with the intention of gaining their trust to manipulate them to act in your favor), which immediately blurs the concepts. With that being said...

I think the most terrible thing someone can do is take advantage of the innocent and/or defenseless. If you harm and take advantage of the innocent, especially knowingly, or choose to turn a blind eye to it, that's pretty unforgivable.

Stealing? Not great, but excusable in some cases. Murder? Again, not great, but excusable in some cases. Lying? Definitely necessary sometimes. Hurting the innocent? Nah. Nope. Bye.

Hmm... I think torture, no matter what the reason, is probably the worst thing one can do. There are many different ways to torture people, though, like injecting them with syphillis and telling them it helps. Basically, anything that causes other people bodily harm is crossing the line into being irredeemable.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think that perpetuating and assisting, gleefully, in the spread of disinformation that has killed and harmed hundreds of thousands of people, then claiming it is your 1st Amendment right to do so, is probably a fairly evil act that likely deserves some kind of pain.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
It would have to be an act that adversely affects many people like that finger snap from Thanos so the most evil acts are committed by people in positions of authority. Suppose a politician authorized and funded the creation of a virus to kill people; something along those lines would be very evil.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I am talking about a single action. Not multiple actions, just to clarify. What is single-handedly the most evil thing one can do? Also, to clarify... Genocide is a multi-action, therefor disqualified from this (and similar actions). Since humans, have arguable differences in morality... I want to know what people consider the single greatest act of evil... of all time.

Thoughts and opinions are all welcome.

The co-option of others in an atrocity is interesting.

There is an RPG called Tyranny developed by Obsidian Entertainment on Steam. The main premise of the story and the game is that this is a world where a tyrant is victorious and has already won. But life doesn't necessarily stop when something evil wins, it can simply continue in that new direction.

In the story there are a few factions you can join, the one most relevant here is the Scarlet Chorus. What the Chorus does is roll up to a town, butcher everyone who resists, and then corrals everyone else into a big group and gives them a bunch of weapons. The implication is clear and obvious: you must kill those around you to survive.

In this way, people can end up killing their own loved ones, children, spouses, siblings, friends etc... by exploitation of an individual's form of survival instinct. Taking the most immediate instincts and creating an environment where there is no time, but lots of pressure, to make a quick decision about one's own survival. It is designed to bring out the worst aspects of human nature and cognition. You cannot stop the immediate from happening if you are given no mental space to even consider what is happening.

This then allows them to be co-opted into the Chorus and you often get people who, having actually found out they were willing to kill those they thought they loved the most in order to survive, are also quite willing to throw their lives away in war and battle after such a strong moral transgression and the despair that can bring.

It's an interesting, albeit not the most original (history can speak for that), version of the evils of corrupting others.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Harming the innocent and defenseless. Also, what ceecee said is pretty high on the list for me.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Eat the last piece of Cheddar cheese from the fridge.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I have a particular 'sensitivity' to harm being done to innocents - animals or people. Friends know not to share stories with me. I can't stomach it. It sears a permanent hole into my memory, something akin to 'secondhand PTSD.' I once had a friend talk about how awful it was that a particular 'snuff' video of a child being raped and then murdered existed. After hearing a few details I was furious for hours. I could seriously get sadistic and brutally torture those sick bastards who do those things.

I try to focus on the better people in this world for now...I've seen too much darkness and it's too easy for me to harden. I need to experience / know the good that is out there. I haven't gotten to see or experience average levels of 'good' and my world views are imbalanced. I try not to think about the worst things people are capable of for now, until I further witness that this world is not almost entirely bad.

Last edited: