• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is a Projection?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“What is a projection? To make changes one must know self and his or her usage with projections. What are a few dangerous aspects of projection?

Do you take ownership and together with it self responsibility for your own thoughts, feelings, speech and actions? Or do you blast other people with your unknown to yourself unfinished business?

Do you lash out and blame reality for the way you feel? More importantly do you hold on to this loosen and bile of the soul?

In psychology we are trained to take ownership of our emotions. In addition of our own thoughts, speech and actions without lashing out with our own

unfinished business, unresolved conflicts, emotional baggage and our unhealed psychic wounds.

We do this by saying, “I think. I feel.” Those who are negative and blame others or the world are like pollution projecting their own issues unto others. I’ve learned long ago to never engage a person coming from a negative place and attitude.

You can’t reason with them. They are clearly coming from a place of irrationality, anger and negative energy.

Do not engage but walk away. Don’t be in a battle of protecting your ego just because someone is negative toward you.

They have life lessons to learn. To those as described above, they are emotionally, spiritually and psychologically immature.

Don’t show your own immaturity by arguing with them, or trying to get them to see your point of view or convince them you are right. For then you’d have two irrational people.

What both parties don’t understand is that philosophically both are projecting illusions of their own issues unto others. Neither party is practicing active listening skills.

Bruce Lee said, “Be like water” in his martial arts discipline. I employ a similar philosophy when it comes to my interpersonal dialogues. I don’t loose my cool.

Every attack by this person who was triggers and was argumentative. For each of her nonsensical subject opinionated attacks, inspired me on how to handle the situation.

In Judo, Jujitsu and Aikido we use the opponents attacks against them. Philosophically wise to not take anything personal.

Just stick to my boundaries which I clearly spell out for the person I am engaging in a conversation of hopefully mutual respect.” LightSun

#communication #Projection #Selfresponsibility

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“What is inside manifests outwardly. This is not 100% truism. One can keep a cool level head and with human reason being to justice those that have clearly done wrong.

With that being said interpersonal encounters with insults and the like are produced from people with no awareness. Walk away. Do not engage.

It’s because they have unfinished business, unresolved conflicts, emotional baggage and in metaphor a psychic wound that they react from the start in blatant use of irrational distortions of human thought.

If you insult someone. You insult yourself and call yourself names. People don’t see this. I see it. I just ignore and block. Small minded people are not worth my time or attention.

You’d only sink to their level. There is no reasoning with them. You’re not going to change their opinion. You’re not going to prove your point through human reason because they are coming from a vantage universe of being irrational.

This will fall on totally deaf ears and blind eyes or third eye of people we stumble upon with poor non existent manners.

“They have ears but do not hear. They have eyes but do not see. They have brains but do not understand.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“The most dangerous psychological mistake is the projection of the shadow on to others: this is then root of almost all conflicts.” Carl Jung

“What a remarkable mind of his. Yes it is so simple and apparent. I reiterate we are a projective species. The conflicts in real life and social media are people who are undisciplined with their mind.

All of these individuals have undisciplined minds. What’s more they are pollution by venting negativity.

What is inside is manifest outside. If one is cognitively mindful, their serenity and calm mind will not be affected by adversity. Their mind can weather the storm of insults and negative projected energy.

It is no more than the hot air of a person triggered and who is unknowingly projecting what is inside them all along. What is inside them, all of their unresolved conflict, unconscious issues, emotional baggage and their unhealed psychic wound is projected outward.

1. They don’t realize they are triggered.

2. They don’t realize that they are projecting their reality unto another person or situation. Those who are triggered project their issues against people and reality. They blame people and situations for their emotions.

This is in strictly a dictionary sense their ignorance of the psychodynamics of the mind. They are blindly lashing out. They will continue to be triggered in the same weak spot for the rest of their lives.

3. They don’t realize that their negative comments are made up of their thought distortions.

Until they understand the message of the trigger and deal with reality objectively and with reason, they will continue as blind men to lash out against the illusions created by their own distorted thoughts. Or as Carl Jung terms their shadow self.

They are a pollution to others in life because their negative replies underneath reside their own unfinished business, unresolved conflicts, emotional baggage and unhealed aspects of a wounded psyche.

4. Our own thoughts and emotions are our responsibility. “I will take personal responsibility for my own thoughts, feelings, speech, writing and actions.”

Those that don’t practice these techniques are sleepers. They will continue to blame people and reality for their emotions. They never will know that their negativity is a reflection of what’s in their souls.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Projection. What most people don’t know is that we all as a species project our realities unto others and life based on our belief system and cognitive schemas.

For those who are aware of this facet of Homo sapiens, they can be on guard and be more mindful before falling into a trap and getting triggered by another individual, and worse judging another based on their own understanding of reality.

For these who are more self aware can be more understanding and less judgmental. Those who are quick to judge usually are projecting their own unconscious stereotypes and prejudices. They are projecting their value system unto others blindly.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Freedom is the will to be responsible for ourselves.” Fredrich Nietzsche

“ I take personal responsibility for my own thoughts, feelings, speech, writing and actions irregardless of the person or the situation.

I am cognizant that no one can make me feel a negative emotion. They can only trigger what’s within.

In that case it is my responsibility and I will not be as pollution by venting or lashing out at external situations or people. I will not blame. I will be self responsible.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“What is a projection? To make changes one must know self and his or her usage with projections. What are a few dangerous aspects of projection?

Do you take ownership and together with it self responsibility for your own thoughts, feelings, speech and actions? Or do you blast other people with your unknown to yourself unfinished business?

Do you lash out and blame reality for the way you feel? More importantly do you hold on to this loosen and bile of the soul?

In psychology we are trained to take ownership of our emotions. In addition of our own thoughts, speech and actions without lashing out with our own

unfinished business, unresolved conflicts, emotional baggage and our unhealed psychic wounds.

We do this by saying, “I think. I feel.” Those who are negative and blame others or the world are like pollution projecting their own issues unto others. I’ve learned long ago to never engage a person coming from a negative place and attitude.

You can’t reason with them. They are clearly coming from a place of irrationality, anger and negative energy.

Do not engage but walk away. Don’t be in a battle of protecting your ego just because someone is negative toward you.

They have life lessons to learn. To those as described above, they are emotionally, spiritually and psychologically immature.

Don’t show your own immaturity by arguing with them, or trying to get them to see your point of view or convince them you are right. For then you’d have two irrational people.

What both parties don’t understand is that philosophically both are projecting illusions of their own issues unto others. Neither party is practicing active listening skills.

Bruce Lee said, “Be like water” in his martial arts discipline. I employ a similar philosophy when it comes to my interpersonal dialogues. I don’t loose my cool.

Every attack by this person who was triggers and was argumentative. For each of her nonsensical subject opinionated attacks, inspired me on how to handle the situation.

In Judo, Jujitsu and Aikido we use the opponents attacks against them. Philosophically wise to not take anything personal.

Just stick to my boundaries which I clearly spell out for the person I am engaging in a conversation of hopefully mutual respect.” LightSun

I don’t

#communication #Projection #,

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“If you want the present to be different from the past, study the past.” Baruch Spinoza

“That would make sense on the surface. However Spinoza did not take into awareness that we are born a blank slate.,Children grow up and may challenge their parental guidance.

They have to learn life’s lessons through experience. Everything happening on the planet today was also experience in all cultures and times throughout history.

That’s why all the ‘evils’ like rape, prejudice, racism, murders etc., have been perpetuated throughout history. The only thing we get a break is the passage of laws.

Every right as been challenged and resisted before it took effect. Rights are not God given to us. If we experience a disaster, we could easily revert to our base emotions.

I’ve heard people say the 1950’s was a better time. No, because we all are a blank slate, we must relearn from ground zero.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
”We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are.” Anais Nin

“The world exists as you perceive it. It is not what you see, it is not what you hear, but how you see it. It is not what you feel, but how you feel it.” Rumi

“There is a saying that true peace comes from within. He who has achieved this inner awareness and enlightenment will not bow to the winds of adversity.

Instead they will keep their peaceful state of mind. This is not to say that they do not see the great evils of the world.

Nor that they are unaffected. Instead those who achieve this inner harmony have great strength. They will address societal ills, but never lose their objectivity or use of reason.

Those that pollute the world with negative subjectively, do not know the poison is within themselves.

What is worse they are a pollution of humanity projecting their negativity unto external people and situations.

Not knowing that all the while it is a reflection of their own unconscious issues, unresolved conflict, emotional baggage and is a hint of their psychic wound unhealed within.

This will not change until we instruct a new generation starting with children of the dynamics of projection.

As well as the power of our unconscious mind influencing how we act, think and feel. Until we increase this inner awareness, society will not grow effectively.

Instead the sins, foibles and mistakes of dysfunction will continue to be produced.” LightSun