• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you value most?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What do you think is more important than money?
Why?

Those are your true values

(I saw this in a youtube ad, but thought I would share it here because it rings true, but I didn't come up with it myself and can't find the original reference.)

I always put in perspective the ideals that do follow.
1 Children.
2. Education.
3. Health Care.
4. Decreasing the wealth gap between the rich and the poor.
5. Environment.
6. Increasing the ‘Human Happiness Ratio’ of the American citizens. This is a poll taken to show the satisfaction citizens of a particular country have for living in the nation.

I forgot the exact numerical worth that if a person makes ‘X’ amount of dollars, single dollar more will increase their happiness.

Supposedly the kingdom of heaven is within. Yet I see the world worshipping or following: sex, beauty, violence, wealth, fame and power.

Children are our future. Yet dysfunction generally breeds dysfunction. This is radical to some. We need to get a drivers license before we can operate a vehicle.

Having a child is far more a responsibility. Yet there is no parental skills training. Parents who are not balanced have children for a number of reasons.

One of my pet peeves are wives tales and false positivisms. The saying, “Time heals all wounds” is patently false.

I know direct from research that children growing up in dysfunctional households for the rest of their lives have trouble in at least on or more of these areas.

People who have had the misfortune in growing up in a dysfunctional home will have problems with jobs, mental illness, substance abuse, and relationships to name but a few.

This is a shame on America. This may be outdated data, but I saw a documentary on the best health care in the world.

Taiwan leads the list. Apparently they did research America, Japan, Europe, and Australia and decided to make their own system.

A tiny island puts America to shame. America for all intensive purposes is an oligarchy and plutocracy. First of all we are not a Democracy. We are a Republic.

The money of the elite rich hold sway over politicians with their army of lobbyists. The NRA and the pharmaceutical companies have their army of lobbyists and reform gets stifled.

This statistic may not be current. Out of all the nations in the world, America had the wisest wealth gap between rich and poor. This is an outrage.

Jerry Jones is the owner of the Dallas Cowboys football team. This sports team is the highest valued sports team in the world. Jerry buys a yacht that costs $250,000,000. This does not include upkeep, etc.

The number one of the homeless population are veterans. Their are those who don’t want to pay any taxes and put their money in off shore accounts like in the Canary Islands.

Dwight D.Eisenhower was a two term Republican. During his time in office the tax rate on the super rich was astronomical. I need the exact statistic, but approaching 50%.

With this added revenue President Eisenhower helped build America’s infrastructure of highways and other modes of travel. Now we have Republicans who don’t want to pay an added 2% tax.

As I said, we are a Republic so the saying that America is the greatest democracy and nation in the world is wrong. We are not the worlds greatest republic.

For a decade, according to the annual ‘Human Happiness Ratio’ the best countries in the world are Scandinavian. This includes Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. At least according to its citizens.

America is not the greatest nation in the world. Rather it’s the most powerful. Again, I have to check my notes. America spends more on the defense budget than the next approximately dozen countries.

The Libertarians have a good concept. America replaced the British Empire. We have overseas bases that cost us incredible amounts to upkeep.

The Libertarians say we should act less than an empire and bring our bases home. Instead of spending on defense to keep our empire, we should look to it’s American citizens and increase our quality of life.

I do not see any of these issues changing until we make political reform.”

Skimt

It's not something I spend time thinking about.

How do you value one thing over another? And what good does evaluating them do?

yeghor

Why?

Those are your true values

(I saw this in a youtube ad, but thought I would share it here because it rings true, but I didn't come up with it myself and can't find the original reference.)

Happiness, peace of mind, self-sufficiency.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
What do you value most?

King safety obviously. Then mobility (if you can't move - you lose) and pawn structure. Sorry ~ you were vague in the title itself.

Production! Resources and processing - usually physical and chemical processes to refine into useful goods. Money is a measure of account or store of wealth. The inflation of the currency means that currency loses its value whereas the value of a product that is determined by the market or government authority is subjective. Every time the stock market goes down, the price of gold goes up!

Why? If there's nothing to trade for or purchase, your money is useless.

In other words, "What can a man give in exchange for his soul? What profit is it to gain the world and lose one's soul?"

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
I value freedom in a world of corpo slavery. No matter what one values, freedom is the main thing we all value for without it we could not value anything.