• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Are You Feeling II: The Sequel & The Last Crusade & Search for & Revenge of Khan &The Secret of the Ooze

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My head hurts...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Having a bit of a social crash after a reunion weekend. Have a friend I'm worried about and probably said too much. I work so hard to understand people, but never feel like I can. If someone takes a lot of your money and is sometimes mean and doesn't really give back, that's objectively a bad thing, right? Why would someone tolerate that? I know feelings of guilt are involved, but the wrong people are feeling guilty. /cryptic woes
I often wonder that myself. The obvious answer is that it is someone you really care about, so you overlook the meanness and imbalance because you want to help them and make their life better.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I often wonder that myself. The obvious answer is that it is someone you really care about, so you overlook the meanness and imbalance because you want to help them and make their life better.
There is still a question, perhaps a philosophical one, of where that attachment originates from. The world is full of humans of every sort, so why do we form stronger attachments to some? There are a lot of mean people who want to take money and also need a better life. Why not feel attached to them?

I think it is important to look inwards to see if there is a past connection that is idealized and held onto, or a future hope of where this person will grow, or a feeling of internal guilt that the dynamic is important to create internal balance of paying a debt that cannot be paid in its original form.

We can settle that love and attachment are a mystery, but I wonder. I think there is a source for it in every case. It can be important to identify that source and then step back and re-evaluate in a more objective manner. I've had to do that in my divorces. I loved each person with everything I am and it wrecked me on many levels to leave. I wanted to overlook the hurt and did until I started to disintegrate as a person. Then I knew the help would dry up whether I left or not because I was drying up.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Stressed. Frustrated. Exhausted.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Hollow, but not unpleasantly so. A remote curiosity and the suggestion of not peace, but quiet. A moment in time where being adrift in the void is neither stressful nor particularly desirable. A profound emptiness and realization that everything is nothing and nothing is everything and this...something both is and isn't. I believe it's called: Friday.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So tired of people preaching tolerance, but then being incapable of understanding not everyone is socially adept or having high EQ.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Tired and frustrated, which seems to be my default setting these days. :laugh: :doh:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I vote for moving this thread to The Lounge.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I feel like John Trent at the end of the movie.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Frustrated by a variety of things. 😑