• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Visit This Thread for my Interesting Username

Catullus

Hi, everyone! I'm a new member to this forum and, honestly speaking, just joined so I could get some input on my personality type. If you like to type others for the intellectual stimulation it gives or out of the goodness of your heart, feel free to analyze my response to the questionnaire below. There's no need to write pages of explanations- just list potential type(s) and a couple reasons why you think so. I have not mentioned types I think I might be to reduce bias.

1. What do you like/dislike most about people? Many people are insecure and are prone to jealousy. This warps their actions and creates conflict within otherwise close-knit social circles. Their desire to "fit in" or act and look similar to everyone else makes life bland and for them, a pain. Insecurity of strength of a friendship can lead to withdrawal and eventual isolation. Due to all of this negativity, however, just a spark of kindness will stand out much more. Since many people are rather bitter and selfish, it is much easier to find those who are not- or to become one yourself (potential gain in resources, popularity, and networking!). The fact that selfless people do, indeed, exist does not overshadow the fact that everyone, regardless of temperament or how insecure they are, has the capacity to be kind and to love (how sappy!). In other words, what I like most about people is that they are human.
2. If you put a pig in an airplane, does that mean that pigs can fly?
A pig in an airplane does not necessarily mean that it is flying, especially if the airplane is still at the airport. If the airplane were in the air, then yes, you could say that the pig is flying. However, this would completely nullify the meaning of the idiom "when pigs fly", which means "never" due to the fact that pigs cannot grow wings/have wings and so cannot fly. Since the pig is technically flying on a plane, it would be possible for the pig to fly and we would have to find another idiom. Or we could use "on the greek kalends", coined by Augustus, which also means "never".
3. What do you value? What do you value in your environment, in the world, in other people, in dialog?
I really value the ability to listen to others and objectivity enough to not be blinded by prejudice. Communication is possible only when all parties in question do not get angry and are willing to admit that they are wrong. I value quiet and, if any, playful atmosphere in my environment. I would like to be alone, in a clean space, with a team of coworkers/colleagues/shoolmates who have all known each other for a very long time. I wish that all humans may keep to themselves and also for a world with infinite terrain, like Minecraft, so only those who want to interact will interact and there will be minimal conflict over resources.
4. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
Sometimes I feel like I am actually sitting in my room, piloting a robot people believe to be me that walks around my school, doing the things I need to do. I have problems finding things to talk about with others; I don't click with people easily. When I socialize, I feel very tense and strung up, like a piece of stretched gum about to snap. I once had a dream about having wings and flapping them very hard to fly, but I could barely get off the ground. It's a bit like that. Other than that, I like playing card games and tricking people with my words. I like to argue, but only occassionally, to succeed and be very good at what I do, and to have the approval of the people surrounding me.
b. What have others said about you? I have heard from acquaintances that I seem "like a teacher", whatever that means, and that I look "really straitlaced, quiet, and thoughtful". My close friends say that I'm "jocular" and "slightly ridiculous sometimes" and, once, "a little arrogant".

5. How is your behavior different when you are stressed?I'm usually stressed because I procrastinated on one of my assignments and have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time. I eventually have a "turning point" of sorts where my behavior completely changes and I work tirelessly until I finish, but up until then, my room is untidy, I am on my computer with nothing done, and I feel dehydrated and "dirty", for some reason. When this feeling reaches a peak I begin my routine to clean my room, my desk, and to shower. I also prepare a cup of tea because it seems to make me feel calmer. Once I have cleaned everything, I (neatly) do my work. It is incrediby important that my room is clean for me to start my work. Damn, I'm getting antsy just thinking about this...

6. Define justice!An eye for an eye, unless the ends justify the means. A criminal should be treated the same way he treated his victims unless he only committed the crime to protect or serve. Those who are likely to commit their crime again should be restricted, or in severe cases, executed. Justice is a system of fairness in which all parties get what they deserve, and with which the wellbeing of the common people is protected.

7. What is beauty? What is love?Beauty is a subjective perception of an object, idea, or living being that is not limited to aesthetics, but also includes meaning and function. True beauty, then, would be something that is beautiful to all. Which arguably does not exist. Love is unique to humans (and maybe to animals? Does research support?) and has the potential to change. This is hard to explain. If all of life were a chemistry lab and events were chemical compunds, then love would be a catalyst with the potential to completely change the structure of every compound- the outcome of every event. Love, in essence, is not only love or affection of a person. I would dare to say that love includes every emotion humans could have. But that's enough sappy-juice for today.

Please read through this survey and tell what you think!

Lib

Permabanned
It sounds as an ISTJ to me:
Si - in the background
Te - that trait stands out
Fi - prefers small, close groups of people
Ne - averse to changes

Jaguar

6. Define justice! An eye for an eye, unless the ends justify the means. A criminal should be treated the same way he treated his victims unless he only committed the crime to protect or serve. Those who are likely to commit their crime again should be restricted, or in severe cases, executed. Justice is a system of fairness in which all parties get what they deserve, and with which the wellbeing of the common people is protected.

Do you even hear yourself?

Lark

While I'm not sure why they posted their list of questions and answers why did you post that?

Not being critical, just trying to figure out your post.

Lark

While I'm not sure why they posted their list of questions and answers why did you post that?

Not being critical, just trying to figure out your post.

Lark

I live in the U.S.A. We don't execute people based on what might happen in the future. Furthermore, the legal system doesn't promote vigilantism.

I got the impression it was some sort of abstract idea of justice they were talking about rather than the legal system, I've seen worse things posted but I take your point, execution is meant to be a matter of consequentialism rather than a preventative measure alright. Law and vigilantism dont exactly work together.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assuming the need to clean your surroundings and calm down with a cup of tea is a mild case of OCD (nothing to worry about if you only are like that when you need to get shit down.)

Unlike Lib, I don't think Te is very obvious in you. If anything, it seems you are a typical case of inferior Te.

I'd say you are most likely INFP.