• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Galadriel (LoTR Amazon Series)

mancino

Enlightened!
MBTI Type
NFJ
I've seen there's already a thread on the TV show, but I wanted to specifically type Galadriel here.
(I'm posting a link to this in that other thread, which you can find here:

This is about Galadriel from the TV show, not from the movie trilogy. I'm also posting this after the first two episodes were released, so it's subject to revision as the story unfolds.

I won't put my typing in the OP here, but there's a typing on PDB as a starting point:
But still, I'd like to see what the TC community thinks about it.

The consensus on PDB seems to go towards I and J, so IJ, with most people seeing INJ in her.
And Compliance Triad, with debates on T vs F and E1 vs E6.

What do you think?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I can see an NJ of some sort. She seems more extraverted in orientation though. A clear leader, and keeps her eyes on the big picture, and also can "see" or feel how things will unfold (her little paper sailboat). She can look at a thing and see how it will be in the future.

Too early to tell. She's also suffering from PTSD, which also complicates stuff.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's kind of ironic, as she seemed kind of INFJ in her original Jackson incarnation as well despite directing energy differently. I can understand an NFJ style read for the new series, even if she seems to project her energy more aggressively on a regularly basis... and maybe it's part of her comparative youth and as noted by others her emotional trauma.

Withholding judgment for more episodes.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Interesting. I saw her in dire emotional straits, but didn't see PTSD though. Could you elaborate?

"You have not seen what I have seen."

Paraphrasing here, but she also mentions "if the evil is gone, why do I still feel it inside me" indicating that the war is not really over for her and her body still feels at war. Also, she spent hundreds of years scouring middle-earth, refusing to just leave the war behind. She couldn't get out of war mode.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
She remains a bit weird to me. NJ still seems to make sense, but she's throwing out a lot of what seems to be Fi. She's sort of a haughty know-it-all who considers others (non-elves mostly, but even her squad) beneath her while her Righteous Quest should override everything going on around her. She almost seems stupid, and has huge "I DON'T HAVE TIME TO EXPLAIN" energy. All the Fi-ness I think I see though, could just be Ni. She again, says "I know what it is like to know, and be to be alone." So again this is something she sees and is completely apparent to her, while her difficulty is getting others on board and navigating her relationships differently. Which would be weird for an ENFJ but could be the case for a Ni-Ti ish INFJ.