• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me?

SwimmerGal97

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Flickr.com/photos/110186192@N04/20395509546/in/explore-2015-08-09
What got my attention was the colours and shapes within the wave, the turquoises and blues are so saturated and the wave form within the wave is almost like someone's shining a light through glass. It looks unreal. The background is warm and hazy and it reminds me of similar views I've had of headlands when I've been on the beach on late afternoons in summer and if you look on the opposite side of the image, you can see the sun reflecting off the sea in that sparkly fashion and that's something I've often marveled at. What drew me to the picture was how I was transported, I could feel myself in the sea, the towering power of the wave as it swells and the water level around you dips and it pulls sand over your feet, the roar of the ocean, squinting both due to the sun being low in the sky and the sea spray in my face and the exhilaration as you ride a wave (I've always wanted to but can't surf so I'm thinking body boarding here) and cling on to the board.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Inward and outward: ooh this is exciting :L I love a good crisis. I know nothing about cars, but I'd probably be outside with the guys (who I don't think know anything about cars either, they just want to seem manly) inspecting wheels and...car stuff. If nothing came from that, I'd send a couple of people out to phone a breakdown service (depending on how in the middle of nowhere we are, we might not have any service and its always wiser to not send people out on their own because you know, that's how horror movies start). I'd probably get in the car and encourage others to come in too, put on some upbeat music and initiate a sing along.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Id firstly be skeptical of the driver I'm sure they'll try, but at a party full of drunk people, a drink is bound to be spiked, they're gonna want to take the edge off and why would they want so desperately to go to a party they can't drink at? Sounds like they're setting themselves up for a crap night. I'd also be concerned that, regardless of whether the driver drinks or not, they'll still be driving a group of people home afterwards in the wee hours of the morning so 1) they'll be tired and sleepy and won't be able to focus properly and 2) a car fullmof drunken idiots are enough to distract even the most focused of drivers. I'd see what the rest of the group thinks. If a majority wants to go to the party, then I'd stay for the lift home and to keep an eye on them. If only a couple want to go, then I'd put my foot down and tell the driver to either leave with us or had over the car keys so we could leave.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

*insert Ed milliband* 'that's just wrong!'. Haha, it depends on the belief really. Like if someone came out and said they were anti-abortion, I wouldn't stand for it. It would get quite heated and I'd probably end up shouting. But if a friend suddenly announced they were religious, on the outside I'd be supportive (live and let live) but inside I probably wouldn't like it. I wouldnt have to say anything for my friends to know I wouldnt like it though: i make no secret of my dislike of religion or anything else I'm against. I'm not a religious person and believe that it's caused far more problems than it has solved

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I'd accept that I was wrong. Sticking with my previous theme, my biggest issue with things like religion is there's no proof. If something were to happen, an action that proved beyond all doubt that I was wrong, I wouldn't try to explain it away or deny anything happened, I would take an honest, open look at things.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Doing what you love. Is that a value? I don't care if it is or isn't, the most important thing in my life is following the heart. The mind could make me rich but it wouldn't make me happy. My big three would be: Do what you love, say what you think, act in a way would respect others to act (that is finding a balance between being polite and respectful but still having a backbone. Don't let others push you around or dictate what you should/shouldn't do). I came about deciding them after an experience that's taken place over several years regarding my future and my education. I go to a grammar school. I, like every other person there, am academically bright and am expected to go to one of the top unis in the country. For a long time, I accepted that, I even liked the idea of prestige and respect and accomplishment and uni looked (still does look) like great fun. Only about a year ago, I realised that academics isn't my passion. I don't enjoy my day to day life as much as I should (I've had this conversation with my parents and they say 'welcome to the real world, none of us like what we do' and I think that's wrong! Who said we have to settle for less? When did it become universal law that we all hate what we do? It didn't, and I won't accept not being happy regardless of how inconvenient it is for the schools statistics). I still haven't found my passion, my ultimate goal (and really that's what I'm looking for. Not a comfortable day to day life but that something I really really want that I can throw my heart and soul into, I want to push myself, do something difficult because that's what makes things worthwhile) but those are the values that are guiding me and nothing and no one can change them.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

My ability to bounce back and go after things I really want. Whether it's a long term goal I suffered a big setback from or just feeling down, I can pick myself up. If I could change one thing it would be to be able to relax a bit easier. I can be very serious and one bit of my mind is always thinking about my latest project so at weekends, parties etc I can never fully let loose.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I trust em. Usually game shows. I really don't have much to say for this one :L

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Activities where I get a reward. Not money or anything, but things like hiking and climbing where you get those magnificent views and the feeling of accomplishment and pride through pushing yourself. Or sport where you can feel the burn and your body screams at you to stop but you keep going then you complete your work out and you feel amazing.
b) quiet, still ones. Not on the surface, its quite nice sometimes to just stay in bed bingewatching TV shows, scrolling the internet or painting but ive found it sends me into a downward spiral of boredom, restlessness and angst.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I repress how big some of my goals, dreams and things I want to achieve are. Generally speaking I'm an open book, but there are few things I keep to myself and quietly work towards to let my actions speak for themselves. It's also a defence because I'm worried people will think I'm stupid or not good enough to achieve (which as I type that surprises me because I'm usually very confident but I guess that must be why I don't like telling people certain things)

rmrf

ESFJ

1) Your description of that photo was quite sensory based and provoked mental imagery. Implies S > N
2) In the scenario of the broken car, you said your reaction would be to find the drama exciting, and basically just use it as an opportunity to hang out. This implies E > I
3) You were concerned and wouldn't agree to go, if only a few joined. Slightly implies J > P
4) You generally confront views you disagree with just by stating your disagreement, rather than trying to critically break it down. You view opinions in terms of your values. This and 6) implies F > T
7) Bouncing back from setbacks easily, as well as a difficulty in relaxing and 'letting loose', Strongly implies J > P
8) Not having much to say about gut feelings as picking game shows as your example, means intuition is not prominent. S >> N
9) Energised by outdoor and strenuous, drained by indoor and lethargic. Strong preference of E > I
10) Got J > P from that answer

summerdaze

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
agree ESFJ. The cognitive functions seem to fit too:

Dom Extraverted Feeling Connecting and considering others and the group
Aux Introverted Sensing Reviewing and recalling past experiences and seeking detailed data
Tert Extraverted iNtuiting Interpreting situations and relationships and pickup meanings and interconnections to other contexts
Inf Introverted Thinking Analyzing, categorizing, and evaluating according to principles

Curious, what types did you think you might be?

SwimmerGal97

Curious, what types did you think you might be?

I'm not great with functions but using the basic letters I thought it was likely I was S and F but was undecided between E and I and P and J. I have a habit of stereotyping the types and felt like I lacked the party attitude of ESFPs (I'm quite a serious person), ESTJ came up in quite a few online tests but I'm not controlling in that way (I like things done my way but I get on with people whilst enforcing it)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram 3w2.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to side with the majority on this and say ESFJ.

Your writing style is kind of ESFP-ish, but your actual answers are ESFJ all the way.

My wife is an ESFJ and she would definitely initiate a sing along with our children if we broke down in the middle of nowhere.