• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me!

aleks2200

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I'm 19 and I was raised/or exposed to a broadly Western culture, growing up. I've got anxiety but feel quite fine most of the time. I don't have strong religious or political beliefs.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

I'm honestly super confused about my type and haven't considered any type more than the others, besides knowing that I lean to an introverted type and likely a judgement one too. So let's say I think I'm an IxxJ but I'm happy to be vindicated on that too.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

That's easier for me to answer when I think about everyone, instead of solely myself. I'll try. I think my purpose in life is much more expansive than being happy. I honestly want success and tangible success at that. I want to enjoy myself too, but I want to achieve everything I've dreamed of.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I relate to pride the most, because of how superficial I can be. I care more about how I appear to others than my actual identity sometimes. It's a little sad.

I relate to wrath the least. I don't get angry often. And when I do, I'm cold, and it stops me from acting on rage, which I don't honestly feel that often or strongly.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
I'm drawn to kind people who understand others. I like people who are good conversationalists and make time for the people they care about.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you

In my experience, the kind of people who are drawn to me, are very sensitive and soulful. For whatever reason, I could attract people who were sensitive to perceived criticism and get confrontational about it, which I wish I didn't.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
This is hard - obviously people who enjoy hurting others but I know they're few and far in between. Perhaps people who don't care about others, and who feel entitled to things they don't deserve. To put it lightly.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
I admire unabashed confidence, the ability to go up to someone and tell them what you respectfully think. The ability to own who you are. I seem confident but I feel like inside I've got so many insecurities that I can't emulate this.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
I don't feel anger often but when I do it's like an icy rage inside me. I don't know how to explain it but I either pretend I'm fine or become extremely passive-aggressive. When I'm upset with someone, I won't give them the silent treatment but brief answers. For some reason when someone hurts me personally, I try to get them back with snide remarks about something they care about, rather than their actual identity.

b) Shame

I have loads of shame about my life, especially about my childhood. I don't like the way I acted sometimes and it makes me want to compensate for those moments somehow.

c) Fear

I have lots of irrational fear, probably because of my anxiety. It's one of the most annoying or exhausting emotions to feel, imo. And I try to get over the thing that scares me as quickly as I can.

d) Love/passion

I don't think of it often but I appreciate the feeling and experience of love/passion. I think I have a healthy relationship to it, although I have some blocks to receiving love freely.

e) Conflict
I try and avoid unproductive conflict, like ones in which someone tries to speak louder than the other and doesn't listen. If someone's willing to have a civil disagreement, I'm all for it, because I get tired of not being able to express my feelings.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
I like this question! I think that some of the themes I've had are being very determined about a goal, and either pushing very hard for it or giving up, and letting it affect my entire self-worth. Another struggle is people-pleasing. I'm not inherently a people-pleaser, but growing up, I felt like such a nuisance sometimes, especially when I expressed my feelings, that I learnt to repress my feelings and give people only one side of me. I didn't want to be a nuisance.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I'm in media but I wish I chose business instead. I chose it because I like writing and swift careers, but now I wish I could do something more immersive like business, with opportunities to advance in it.

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
I tend to focus on their first impression of me, the questions they ask, how confident they seem.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I think that humanity continues to evolve but we can't just let it happen naturally. We also need to keep going and trying to be better. I feel like some of the biggest problems is that we can't compromise and meet in the middle. People often take extreme positions that other extremes don't want to listen to, when there're probably feasible middles that help everyone.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Digital art, reading, psychology, typology, travel (in some cases).

13) How do you usually “hang out†with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I usually hang out with a few people at a time and we talk over coffee or something. I have friends online too, where we mostly talk about our days and anything we have in common like books or TV shows.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Actions, because they convey more commitment than words.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

To never experience passion. I don't want to be immortal, to lose my memories or be poor for the rest of my life. Not being able to taste seems risky and I'd miss out on tea.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I want to avoid being so power-hungry that other people dont matter to me. I also want to avoid being apathetic or negative and bitter.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I get obsessed with my interests but then I also move on pretty quickly. I can merge with others and unintentionally mirror them, (in expressions and words, not big things). I don't mind it.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Ooh this is what I get caught up on in the most. I think I'm quite uptight so I like some organization, but too much rigidity makes me feel restrained. I don't like staying in one place, I want opportunities to grow and keep improving, to keep succeeding. However, I also want structure. I like surprises though.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I create comfort in my life by doing things I enjoy and spending time with loved ones. I can be a bit picky, so it's hard for me to find comfort in places I'm not familiar with.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think you're an ENFP-Te.

You speak in generalities much of the time, like Ne, and there are Fi and Te statements as well. I saw things aligning Te with your identity so I'm guessing you're a Te subtype.

aleks2200

I think you're an ENFP-Te.

You speak in generalities much of the time, like Ne, and there are Fi and Te statements as well. I saw things aligning Te with your identity so I'm guessing you're a Te subtype.
Thanks for your answer! That's quite interesting, I think I answered in generalities because I wasn't sure how specific to be or what to hone in on, but I'm usually more detailed than that.
Out of curiosity, were there any other types that came up? I can answer any questions to distinguish between them. Although they're lovely, I'm not sure how much I relate to ENFPs.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would guess 3w4 9w1 7w6 (or maybe 6w7) so/sp or sp/so.... likely sp/so.

Welcome to the forum!

aleks2200

What about INFP-Te?
Hm, I typed as an INFP last year but I feel like it fits my younger self more than it fits me now. I will read into it more and maybe make another more detailed post, because you're right that I didn't provide enough context and elaboration this time around. Thanks for all your help!!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hm, I typed as an INFP last year but I feel like it fits my younger self more than it fits me now. I will read into it more and maybe make another more detailed post, because you're right that I didn't provide enough context and elaboration this time around. Thanks for all your help!!
I just typed you again and I think you are an INFP.

Meltar85

You seem to have the Fi/Te axis, because you're very concerned about feeling-based values and you struggle with conveying your feelings vs standing up for yourself. Your feeling-based values are more about whether you, yourself, are good/bad more than whether any other person is good/bad. The perceiving axis is a little trickier to pick out. I think it's better to approach this axis by ruling out what you don't appear to have. You don't appear to have Ne. Talking in generalities doesn't necessarily mean a high intuitive function, especially with this particular questionnaire. When you answered in concepts or generalities it was in response to conceptual questions. You answered concretely to questions that asked for concrete answers. The main reason I believe you don't have Ne is because you don't show a strong pattern for ideating about optional scenarios or explanations. High Se seems more likely for you because you appear to take things as they come and have vague ideas of what direction to take. Taking all this into account, I think you are most likely an ISFP or ESFP. Whether your dominant function is Fi or Se isn't dependent upon whether or not you're socially gregarious, but what you feel responsible for. Do you feel more responsible for upholding your values or for gathering/experiencing sensory data? If the former, you're more likely an ISFP; if the latter, you're more likely an ESFP.

aleks2200

You seem to have the Fi/Te axis, because you're very concerned about feeling-based values and you struggle with conveying your feelings vs standing up for yourself. Your feeling-based values are more about whether you, yourself, are good/bad more than whether any other person is good/bad. The perceiving axis is a little trickier to pick out. I think it's better to approach this axis by ruling out what you don't appear to have. You don't appear to have Ne. Talking in generalities doesn't necessarily mean a high intuitive function, especially with this particular questionnaire. When you answered in concepts or generalities it was in response to conceptual questions. You answered concretely to questions that asked for concrete answers. The main reason I believe you don't have Ne is because you don't show a strong pattern for ideating about optional scenarios or explanations. High Se seems more likely for you because you appear to take things as they come and have vague ideas of what direction to take. Taking all this into account, I think you are most likely an ISFP or ESFP. Whether your dominant function is Fi or Se isn't dependent upon whether or not you're socially gregarious, but what you feel responsible for. Do you feel more responsible for upholding your values or for gathering/experiencing sensory data? If the former, you're more likely an ISFP; if the latter, you're more likely an ESFP.
Thanks for your response! I was surprised because I truly thought I was on the Fe-Ti axis but I'm open to thinking about that. However, I definitely agree that it's much easier for me to answer concrete questions than conceptual ones. I'll look into ISFP and ESFP too.

Since I realise I answered these questions rather hastily and without detail, do you think you could also have a look at my second thread/form? It's longer but more detailed and specific.

Meltar85

Your identity function is very strong in both posts. The identity functions are Ti and Fi. Ti's identity is built on its logic, Fi's identity is built upon its values. Fi identity changes as its values change. This is why Fi dominant people can confidently "decide" what their identity will be one day, and then decide on a different identity the next. It's not that they're flakey, it's that they focus on whether their identity is consistent with their values. Ti's identity is not really on its radar, and Ti people don't often "decide" what their identity is. It's not that they can't, or never do, it's just not front and center the way it is for Fi.

All this being said, your identity appears to be directly tied to your values, ie, being good, successful, elegant, always improving, freedom etc. This indicates to me you are a high Fi user.

Also, your ambivalence about being a leader because you fear people won't listen to you indicates Te as an inferior function. This, of course, doesn't mean that you aren't logical. You certainly are based upon how well thought out and structured your answers are. It means that your values and your logic seem to often conflict, and when that happens you retreat to your values. It also doesn't mean you can't be a leader. High Fi users can manifest the inner strength required to inspire and lead others. It's just a matter of using your Te to support your strength. Think of Te as the logistics needed to support your Fi values.

I don't see much, if any, Fe in your answers. It may be you see Fe because you let other people's feelings keep you from expressing your own. But that's not Fe seeking harmony in the group, that's Fi being protective of its feelings a/k/a identity.

Regarding whether you might be an Se user, I see Se in both of your posts. You spot trends, you have particular ways you want to be "seen" that are tied to the objective world (elegant, successful, etc.) You also have a good amount of Ni. Imagination about things that could happen (not Ne that imagines and plays with all the possibilities) and a vague but linear idea if where you want to go in life. Because your Se/Ni appears more balanced than your Fi/Te, my guess is that you're an ISFP. And once you come into your own you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:

aleks2200

Your identity function is very strong in both posts. The identity functions are Ti and Fi. Ti's identity is built on its logic, Fi's identity is built upon its values. Fi identity changes as its values change. This is why Fi dominant people can confidently "decide" what their identity will be one day, and then decide on a different identity the next. It's not that they're flakey, it's that they focus on whether their identity is consistent with their values. Ti's identity is not really on its radar, and Ti people don't often "decide" what their identity is. It's not that they can't, or never do, it's just not front and center the way it is for Fi.

All this being said, your identity appears to be directly tied to your values, ie, being good, successful, elegant, always improving, freedom etc. This indicates to me you are a high Fi user.

Also, your ambivalence about being a leader because you fear people won't listen to you indicates Te as an inferior function. This, of course, doesn't mean that you aren't logical. You certainly are based upon how well thought out and structured your answers are. It means that your values and your logic seem to often conflict, and when that happens you retreat to your values. It also doesn't mean you can't be a leader. High Fi users can manifest the inner strength required to inspire and lead others. It's just a matter of using your Te to support your strength. Think of Te as the logistics needed to support your Fi values.

I don't see much, if any, Fe in your answers. It may be you see Fe because you let other people's feelings keep you from expressing your own. But that's not Fe seeking harmony in the group, that's Fi being protective of its feelings a/k/a identity.

Regarding whether you might be an Se user, I see Se in both of your posts. You spot trends, you have particular ways you want to be "seen" that are tied to the objective world (elegant, successful, etc.) You also have a good amount of Ni. Imagination about things that could happen (not Ne that imagines and plays with all the possibilities) and a vague but linear idea if where you want to go in life. Because your Se/Ni appears more balanced than your Fi/Te, my guess is that you're an ISFP. And once you come into your own you'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Thank you so much for the thorough description! I really appreciate it.