• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me please

BeyondEarth

Been struggling on finding my best fitting type so I decided I would come here to see if I can get some answers!
I filled out this questionnaire, ask me any additional questions that you deem necessary. Thank you!

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Nope! Just relaxing for now. I'm a 20 year old male.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
Picture
I like it! The way the light hits the cross makes it seem like a battle was just won. Standing over the mountains like that would make for an awesome view, one that I would like to visit in real life.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
"What was that? Are we going to make it on time?" I would feel the need to do something but I don't know much about cars so I have no idea what I could possibly do to help out. I would hope that one of my friends knows something about cars in order to fix the issue so we could get to the concert on time. That would probably be my biggest concern because we were looking forward to a great time but now we have to do something else in order to get there.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I would be hesitant to go because I'm not a big fan of parties and large groups of people, but because I'm with my friends I'll think about it a little more instead of shutting the option down completely. I would end up feeling the need to be with my friends and keep the peace so I would end up going to the party.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
"Okay? Where did that come from?" I would be very firm about my beliefs on the inside while acknowledging his point of view on the outside. It would take a little bit of convincing from his side to get me to believe something, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it if we didn't agree at the end of the conversation. I would be fine with his beliefs, knowing that I would have another perspective to entertain at a later time if the topic came up again.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I'd return with an eye-roll and a shake of the head. I wouldn't let it get to me completely, but I'm sure I would be a little bothered by it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
To treat everyone with respect, no matter who they are. Everyone has their own life and should live it the way that they want to, who am I to interrupt that part of them from being shown? I came about determining this through life experience, being myself, and in turn, accepting others for who they are and not what I want them to be. These values won't change because I've made it a value that is not tied down by external obligations and instead, something I truly believe from the inside.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
That I'm hilariously quiet. I don't really think that I have much to say that I can actually form into words. It's more like a weight is being strung on top of my head that I have no means of coherently getting off of me. I also do not pay attention to a lot of things. People can ask if I saw something and more often than not I will say that I didn't and feel terrible for not paying more attention. That's one thing that I would want to fix about myself if I could, unfortunately, I have tried and failed a millennia of times. Another thing is that I'm truly a happy-go-lucky guy on the inside but on the outside I know that I look the complete opposite. People say that I look serious, but it's just a matter of being lost in my head and not being able to escape quick enough.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I trust them completely. It's like I know why people are doing things the way that they are doing things and for what purpose they are trying to get out of it. It's tough, seeing through everyone's facade, but I think it's made life a lot more interesting and much like a game. I find that they are seemingly triggered whenever anything happens. It's tough to explain but I hope that makes sense.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Playing music is one way that I love to express myself, since I think the energy that can be set off from playing an instrument can speak more than words. With words it is harder to provoke the same emotional tone that can be conveyed with an instrument. I have a love-hate relationship with analyzing things. Sometimes I like to, when it makes sense to, but to do it constantly is simply a waste of time.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
My thought process is a bunch of linking things together without thinking about them. It's different than anyone else I've asked about it, but the group that I have asked is small so I think it's fairly limiting to get a good statistic out of it. I get irritated when people speak their minds too much in public, like people who will just go off the wall about their views and opinions on several sensitive subjects. I try to mask my true opinions about things when I'm around others but at the same time, I will let a little slip here and there to see if anyone can pick up what I'm laying down. It's fun, but tiring to feel the need to keep my mouth shut.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem like an ISTP. What types have you considered?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, that's an odd one. Reasoning?
I've gotten ISFJ and INFP so far

I see Ti and Se. I see Se when you describe the picture and Ti in your responses in general. ISFJ and INFP, how are you similar to these profiles?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What profiles are you looking at?

I'm using cognitive functions, just name the similarities across all the profiles you've seen. How are you similar? How are you different?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISFJ possibly but I really didnt do anything more than skim it.

What do you think about ISFJ though?

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh I'm without a doubt seeing INFJ here. Just look at some of your responses.

"My thought process is a bunch of linking things together without thinking about them."

That's Ni. I was thinking INFJ before I even read this bit, and then after looking up the functions realized that INFJ are Ni-doms.

You've mentioned getting lost in your head often, and not noticing things, which is a fairly strong indicator of being N, as well. I'm only 62% sure on that. The way you described your reaction to the random picture gave me a strong F vibe. The I/J just come from a general hunch. I feel pretty confident about the J just from the vibe of your responses, but the I I'm only 32% sure of.

So I'm going to say xNFJ for now.