• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me I guess

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I type you: bored

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'm bored

You seem to speak about past experiences a lot. Do you have a very good memory in general and often have memories popping into your head?

Based on it I'd say ISFJ (there's also a fair bit regarding discussions and such which is the social aspect i.e. Fe).

StonedPhilosopher

MBTI Type
IDFC
You seem to speak about past experiences a lot. Do you have a very good memory in general and often have memories popping into your head?

Based on it I'd say ISFJ (there's also a fair bit regarding discussions and such which is the social aspect i.e. Fe).

Man I thought I was ENTP. Especially not a J. I just mention past experiences to provide necessary context to why and how the stupid shit in my life is happening.

StonedPhilosopher

MBTI Type
IDFC
Either that or I'm an INFP who happens to be reasonably good at math

IDK can I be both? Shit like this is why I don't totally trust mbti

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Man I thought I was ENTP. Especially not a J. I just mention past experiences to provide necessary context to why and how the stupid shit in my life is happening.

My first impression was INFJ, but then the whole past experiences thing. There could be other explanations from it, but it would most naturally fit with Si.

StonedPhilosopher

MBTI Type
IDFC
My first impression was INFJ, but then the whole past experiences thing. There could be other explanations from it, but it would most naturally fit with Si.
Well I'm sorta depressed so I'm not exactly the most healthy version of whatever type I am

When I was in elementary school I was deffo not an ISFJ, looking down on everyone else for retarded reasons like not knowing what an N64 was (at the time, middle/high schoolers were the ones who grew up with n64)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well I'm sorta depressed so I'm not exactly the most healthy version of whatever type I am

When I was in elementary school I was deffo not an ISFJ, looking down on everyone else for retarded reasons like not knowing what an N64 was (at the time, middle/high schoolers were the ones who grew up with n64)

So you look down on someone for not knowing what a concrete thing is... how is that not ISFJ-like? :rly???:

StonedPhilosopher

MBTI Type
IDFC
Look if I were an ISFJ I'd probably had tried making friends in elementary school and for people to like me instead of not giving a fuck and just wanting to watch TV and play video games 24/7

I briefly read what a typical ENTP is like as a kid and teen and it actually fit me really well

Like if going by cognitive functions developing then I really had terrible social awareness in elementary school but by the time I took the WISC-IV as I mentioned in my support and advice thread I guess I developed my Fe (in like fifth grade I DID notice me getting a much better sense of what others were REALLY thinking and subsequently becoming more self-conscious)

Feel free to tell me how I'm wrong a bunch of the descriptions online are retarded like literally describing S vs N as all the things that differentiates dumb from intelligent (like "sensors just see the minute details, intuitives can connect the details and see the world as a whole" which I fucking know isn't fully true but believeing shit like this was why I nearly got banned from PerC when I was 16 and just discovered MBTI)

StonedPhilosopher

MBTI Type
IDFC
Though I also have pretty severe ADHD so MAYBE I could be a J, just with the ADHD fucking with it

I know I have ADHD and it's not a personality trait due to things like coffee and cigarettes always making me tired (when I briefly smoked I mentioned on EDF it made me calmer and able to focus better, to which another forum member revealed that it was actually a symptom of ADHD and I had outed myself)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I'd just like to draw your attention to an interesting coincidence...

In your post here... https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/99349-type-guess.html#post3087104

And my post here... https://www.typologycentral.com/for...ing-post-based-typing-method.html#post3087216

we both did the "Look... feel free..." thing. Of course, you made the post first, but I checked my browsing history, and I hadn't looked at this thread yet when I made that response. So neither post was influenced directly by the other.

There's a lot to learn about the world and human nature by contemplating that.

We were both influenced by the same "spirit" so to speak, which may have stemmed from either one of us or both of us separately or combined or...

It's really quite fascinating.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Look if I were an ISFJ I'd probably had tried making friends in elementary school and for people to like me instead of not giving a fuck and just wanting to watch TV and play video games 24/7

I briefly read what a typical ENTP is like as a kid and teen and it actually fit me really well

Like if going by cognitive functions developing then I really had terrible social awareness in elementary school but by the time I took the WISC-IV as I mentioned in my support and advice thread I guess I developed my Fe (in like fifth grade I DID notice me getting a much better sense of what others were REALLY thinking and subsequently becoming more self-conscious)

Feel free to tell me how I'm wrong a bunch of the descriptions online are retarded like literally describing S vs N as all the things that differentiates dumb from intelligent (like "sensors just see the minute details, intuitives can connect the details and see the world as a whole" which I fucking know isn't fully true but believeing shit like this was why I nearly got banned from PerC when I was 16 and just discovered MBTI)

I do think that Sensors pick up details better whereas Intuitives pick up patterns better. I think that's quite fundamental to the distinction between the two types.

The only reason patterns are associated with intelligence moreso than details is just due to the way IQ tests etc. were constructed. Really, they're just different kinds of intelligence.

You may as well say that S vs N is what differentiates a functional member of society from a dysfunctional one, or a person in touch with versus out of touch with reality.

Like, oh Intuitives just make stuff up out of thin air and can't do basic things, what idiots!

Ah, but based on similarities I see between yourself and I, I am leaning towards you being an INFJ, but that still leaves the open question of why you're prefacing many of your posts with the past/details.

(it could be a matter of using the cognition of a non-default type - the multi-type view being something I have been promoting this year)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Be ISFJ, it's the worst type. Be ISFJ 9, be nothing.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE

Yes, the stereotypes are superficial ways to determine type because there's so much variation in terms of how someone acts according to the cognitive functions. ...Also, playing video games is not necessarily associated with Ne usage as Se users have a high propensity to play as well. In fact, dominant Se users may utilize their strong perception skills to perform well during video games...(you are immersing the senses in a stimulating pursuit)...Ne users (using external perception) will gain energy by generating possibilities in regards to gameplay. You do make a contradiction, however, when you state " Look, if I were ISFJ...." and yet also state your opinion that stereotypes cannot piece the whole ("sensor's see minute details....."). Also, the only types you suggest as possibilities would be INFP and ENTP, yet it's also possible you could be ESTP or ISFP assuming that the "Don't give a shit attitude" pinpoints you towards a "P" type. If you're an ENTP, then you'll have inferior Si, which imposes a desire to continuously evoke external change while disregarding societal norms. Also, it can lead to a heightened sensitivity for internal pain, which propagates NE into creating multiple scenarios of potential causes. Given you're under stress as an ENTP, you may even narrowly focus on a specific routine since the stress is causing you to internalize/fixate. I have one question: Which area of Mathematics do you excel?