• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type C, type me!

Peel

Hey Type C, another one of those threads! I did ask about my type way back around the start of this year, but I’m still quite unsure. Would be really grateful if you guys could give me some pointers – I’ve filled out Limit’s questionnaire below though I'm not entirely sure it gets at the real me ... my answers are probably a little confusing / disorganised as I was kinda interpreting what the question was trying to get at, at times

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

I’m understanding / caring; the opposite would be (something along the lines of) self-absorbed / selfish, or just uncaring
I’m open / genuine; the opposite would be private / secretive / dishonest
I’m adventurous; the opposite would be unadventurous
I’m flakey / indecisive; the opposite would be decisive / headstrong
I’m open-minded; the opposite would be close-minded

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.

I can be uncaring towards people who treat others badly. Being uncaring could be good because I would be less likely to be taken advantage of.
I can be dishonest about my opinions if I don’t want to offend people. Being private could be good because it would make more independent (I think)
Being unadventurous could be good because I could focus my efforts on a particular task
I can be decisive about my values. Being decisive would be good because I’d waste a lot less time!
I can be close-minded when I make jokes with my friends. Being close-minded might be good because I’d be more sure of my opinions

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

To be happy and be the best you can be.

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

Be yourself, don’t be afraid to dream and don’t be afraid of new things.

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Quit university, go travelling, spend more time with my family and friends, interrail around Europe, go snorkelling with turtles, canoe across the amazon, do some volunteer work in Africa / Borneo

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

I’ve committed too much to uni, and it’s a pretty good long-term investment.
Planning on interrailing around Europe after uni, ditto snorkelling with turtles.
Rubbish at canoeing :p
I live far away from some of my family and I don’t loads of free time
Already doing some volunteer work in Africa in a few weeks :)

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

Eh, this is really deep, yo!! Not really sure I have an answer ... I guess I’d want to be absolutely happy with who I am primarily. But I’d also really like to be someone who makes a difference to society – someone who inspires others to believe in themselves and achieve more. At the same time I’d like to be someone relatable who you can just chillax with :)

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

Hope this doesn’t come across the wrong way, but I’ve settled for pretty average grades at uni. I know I could do better, but I guess I’m a bit afraid that if I try harder I’ll loose myself and my principles.

9. What are your defense mechanisms?

I’ve been told I seem a bit lost, and drained when I’m stressed. I guess I retreat a little and think a lot about the situation – if I should go ahead with it, how it impacts others etc. If ever I’m stressed I quite like to take a hot shower :) If it’s something work-related, I’ll just get on with it and try block out everything else.

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

Hmm, off the top of my head: Independence, open-mindedness, empathy, ambition, and a sense of perspective.

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

Pretty open, I’m a bit random / spontaneous / ditzy because I think faster than I can talk so I say some very silly things. I think I’m pretty happy and laid-back – I’ve been told I have a calming effect on others. I’m usually the one being teased, or teasing, not in a horrible way at all though, s’all good!
I’m guessing this question is really about how you behave around friends / family, and I’d say being around them makes me happy and hopefully makes them happy

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

Blood and oxygen
More seriously: the need to feel like I’m doing right, like I’m doing something positive, like I should be the best person I can be.

13. What condition is your heart in right now?

It’s weird talking as if the heart is a separate entity, but: pretty happy with where I am. Feel like I’m getting to where I want to be, but have a long way to go yet

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

To be intellectually stimulated, to be in a good position when I graduate next year, to be better at my course. My head wants to understand everything and anything, I guess to be a bit of a know it all

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

Tired, university work is hard!

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

To take up a sport again

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

Quite good, I go to the gym quite often, though I could do more cardio...

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Heart, always. I can go with my head but I’ll always have that niggling feeling “what if”. If I go with my heart at least I’ll stayed true to myself

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Body – it’s more primitive than the others, leads me to do rash things

20. What is your predominant fault?

I’m too indecisive / fickle to stick at something

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

Felt really happy and grateful for being where I am/was and just wanted to share it with everyone. Like the world was at peace and everywhere was a big bubble of happiness.

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I felt less responsive to others and more concerned about w/e it was that I was anxious about. Felt like the world could be a pretty difficult place at times and just wanted to be anywhere else, in anyone’s shoes

23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.

Not sure I’ve felt like that before tbh ... I think my desire to be liked can get the better of me, but I do my best to keep it in check

24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?

I try my best not to disappoint others because I want to be on good terms with everyone

Left out the other last Qs because the quiz was getting a little overdrawn :eek: but I don't think they would have made a massive difference anyway

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm, well, you seem to have a lot of enneagram 9 in you. You seem to want to be happy and peaceful and focused on comfort, but there's a strange amount of 3 present, which is excellent if you are indeed a 9. I ask now, what were you like as a child? Were you the same as you are now? Were there any improvements in your attitudes towards life and your behaviors?

I'm guessing you wanted to be typed Myers Briggs wise at the foremost, but the questions given seemed to be better for the enneagram than Briggs.. I can tell you that you're probably an Extraverted Thinker, but I'm not completely sure. I get the sense from you that you're a Perciever, light on formalities and quick descision making, as most of us are on this forum and internet. You don't teeter on the edge of P and J like an introvert would either, which makes me more sure of your Extraversion. Now... S or N? My gut is telling me that you're a Sensor, I'm not really sure what it is you could be either. It's also a bit of an odd mix for you to be an enneagram 9 EXTP, it's really not all that common, but it is definitely possible.

Is that what you were expecting?

Peel

hmm, well, you seem to have a lot of enneagram 9 in you. You seem to want to be happy and peaceful and focused on comfort, but there's a strange amount of 3 present, which is excellent if you are indeed a 9. I ask now, what were you like as a child? Were you the same as you are now? Were there any improvements in your attitudes towards life and your behaviors?

I'm guessing you wanted to be typed Myers Briggs wise at the foremost, but the questions given seemed to be better for the enneagram than Briggs.. I can tell you that you're probably an Extraverted Thinker, but I'm not completely sure. I get the sense from you that you're a Perciever, light on formalities and quick descision making, as most of us are on this forum and internet. You don't teeter on the edge of P and J like an introvert would either, which makes me more sure of your Extraversion. Now... S or N? My gut is telling me that you're a Sensor, I'm not really sure what it is you could be either. It's also a bit of an odd mix for you to be an enneagram 9 EXTP, it's really not all that common, but it is definitely possible.

Is that what you were expecting?

Ha, no not at all what I was expecting! That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

What I was like as a child? Really quite different to what I am now I'd say - I was much more restless, had quite a big ego and watched far too much power rangers :p If it helps, I was typed ENTJ as a kid (formally), and now I type more like xNFP, though the T and F are really quite close. And yep, there's been a pretty big improvement in my attitudes as I've grown up - why do you ask? Is it that I've grown to mask my true functions?
From my (very) limited understanding of enneagrams I think I seem like a 3, but I don't really share the same motivations as a 3. I'm motivated by achievement (though I don't usually act on it I must admit), but it's more because I think life is really such an amazing opportunity that people should want to better themselves. Also I've grown up in quite a high-achieving family, and go to a university with very aspiring students, so I suppose subconsciously this might have swayed things?

ExTP sounds close :) I don't want to influence your judgement and maybe it doesn't come across so well on the internet, but I'd say I was very much an N, and very much a P which are usually reflected in my scores.

Thanks a lot for your reply btw!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha, no not at all what I was expecting! That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

What I was like as a child? Really quite different to what I am now I'd say - I was much more restless, had quite a big ego and watched far too much power rangers :p If it helps, I was typed ENTJ as a kid (formally), and now I type more like xNFP, though the T and F are really quite close. And yep, there's been a pretty big improvement in my attitudes as I've grown up - why do you ask? Is it that I've grown to mask my true functions?

When you're younger, most of your behavior hasn't been tampered with, because obviously you grow and learn what works and doesn't work. So how is your ego now compared to how it was then?

From my (very) limited understanding of enneagrams I think I seem like a 3, but I don't really share the same motivations as a 3. I'm motivated by achievement (though I don't usually act on it I must admit), but it's more because I think life is really such an amazing opportunity that people should want to better themselves. Also I've grown up in quite a high-achieving family, and go to a university with very aspiring students, so I suppose subconsciously this might have swayed things?

This could definitely have swayed things if you are an E9, having people to push and pull you along as a 9 can lead to extremely good things, which might explain why you relate so much to 3, which is 9s point of growth. However, your ego as a child makes me think you're most likely a 3, and your up and go attitude indicates this too, and so does your MBTI type.

ExTP sounds close :) I don't want to influence your judgement and maybe it doesn't come across so well on the internet, but I'd say I was very much an N, and very much a P which are usually reflected in my scores.

Thanks a lot for your reply btw!

Happy to help :)

I'd trust that you're an intuitive, especially considering that you're on an internet forum. And i might reconsider your T, I can't remember what made me think T, because there's a lot there that seems more F like, but nothing truly condemning. You do vibe more like an ENFP 3 than an ENTP 3 too, but that was more apparent after the last post than from the questions. I really don't think those questions help much when typing MBTI wise, lots of Enneagram information though :D

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'd say ENFP

I can be uncaring towards people who treat others badly. Fi

I can be decisive about my values. Being decisive would be good because I’d waste a lot less time! more Fi

Be yourself, don’t be afraid to dream and don’t be afraid of new things. Fi and Pe

I’m adventurous; the opposite would be unadventurous Pe
I’m flakey / indecisive; the opposite would be decisive / headstrong Pe
I’m open-minded; the opposite would be close-minded Pe again

I try my best not to disappoint others because I want to be on good terms with everyone Many ExxPs have told this and especially ExFPs

By the way you write it sounds like you're developping Te. Good luck o_o

So I'm pretty sure with ExFP

As for Se/Ne, it's a bit more tricky.

Heart, always. I can go with my head but I’ll always have that niggling feeling “what if”. If I go with my heart at least I’ll stayed true to myself

Looks like Ne/Fi

Now I'm going to ask you, how do you feel about Se and Ne? =P

[this is such a bad looking post]

Peel

When you're younger, most of your behavior hasn't been tampered with, because obviously you grow and learn what works and doesn't work. So how is your ego now compared to how it was then?

This could definitely have swayed things if you are an E9, having people to push and pull you along as a 9 can lead to extremely good things, which might explain why you relate so much to 3, which is 9s point of growth. However, your ego as a child makes me think you're most likely a 3, and your up and go attitude indicates this too, and so does your MBTI type.

Happy to help :)

I'd trust that you're an intuitive, especially considering that you're on an internet forum. And i might reconsider your T, I can't remember what made me think T, because there's a lot there that seems more F like, but nothing truly condemning. You do vibe more like an ENFP 3 than an ENTP 3 too, but that was more apparent after the last post than from the questions. I really don't think those questions help much when typing MBTI wise, lots of Enneagram information though :D

Thanks again :) I'm not sure ego was the most appropriate word ... it was maybe more like I was very headstrong and stubborn.

I get what you mean about the whole tampering thing - as much as it feels completely natural to put others before me, I do feel sometimes it could just be a defense mechanism :shrug: Though I try my best to just be myself, being genuine is really important to me

Not sure if I'm as "up and go" as I might come across! There's lots of times I've felt intensely passionate about something, slept on it , and felt indifferent the next morning hah. Always makes me laugh thinking about it, I can be horribly indecisive!

Are you sure about me being an Extravert though? I don't really like attention that much, even this thread feels a bit too self-indulgent, and can cope alright on my own.

Peel

I'd say ENFP

I can be uncaring towards people who treat others badly. Fi

I can be decisive about my values. Being decisive would be good because I’d waste a lot less time! more Fi

Be yourself, don’t be afraid to dream and don’t be afraid of new things. Fi and Pe

I’m adventurous; the opposite would be unadventurous Pe
I’m flakey / indecisive; the opposite would be decisive / headstrong Pe
I’m open-minded; the opposite would be close-minded Pe again

I try my best not to disappoint others because I want to be on good terms with everyone Many ExxPs have told this and especially ExFPs

By the way you write it sounds like you're developping Te. Good luck o_o

So I'm pretty sure with ExFP

As for Se/Ne, it's a bit more tricky.

Looks like Ne/Fi

Now I'm going to ask you, how do you feel about Se and Ne? =P

[this is such a bad looking post]

Thanks a lot for your reply! What kinda things pointed towards Te out of interest?

Regarding Ne/Se, I'd say I was probably Ne. I quite like connections - I used to like working out what acronyms meant (as sad as that sounds), and I was quite good at it! I think to others I come across as a bit ditzy / make random jokes or statements because I make connections quite quickly. It feels like a chain of thoughts that gets massively irrelevant the further along I go, almost like a shotgun effect. It gets pretty annoying though ... I can't get to sleep sometimes because my mind gets so involved in thinking about random interconnected thoughts

Not so sure about Se though, I'm pretty disorganised at the best of times, and really oblivious to stuff, but I do identify with living for the moment, not necessarily all the time though.