• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you heard Donald speak?

Look, Democrats picked Biden because he was the compromise candidate who they thought would be palatable to middle-of-the-road folk and disenchanted Republicans. You say you'd prefer Sanders, I would have too, but I don't think you're being honest with yourself. If Sanders had won and Biden had lost, you may very well be saying that Sanders is unacceptable and that you'd have preferred Biden.

I want Trump gone. He just isn't acceptable. I would have supported anyone running before supporting Trump. If you told me Tulsi Gabbard was a shoe in for the general election and that you'd support her, I would have gladly voted for her. Anyone but the man currently in office.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think I would have ever preferred Biden in any scenario. Anyone is better than Biden, and I think the Democrats were retarded for banking on him, and it proves they are out of touch with the working class Americans. They also disenfranchised the Bernie supporters into either voting 3rd party or Trump. Tulsi Gabbard was the moderate candidate, and I would have supported her if she got nominated. Just like I liked Jim Webb during the 2016 election. I would have been fine with either of them winning. Just not Biden, he is honestly a joke. I don't get how anyone can support him outside of "AT least he isn't Trump". Which is a weak argument to begin with.

Can you defend Biden without mentioning the president? Can you convince me that Biden is an actual cognizant individual, and isn't just reading a prompter in interviews in a nice quiet office? I d on't see anything in him, he is dead energy, a ghost.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I don't think I would have ever preferred Biden in any scenario. Anyone is better than Biden, and I think the Democrats were retarded for banking on him, and it proves they are out of touch with the working class Americans. They also disenfranchised the Bernie supporters into either voting 3rd party or Trump. Tulsi Gabbard was the moderate candidate, and I would have supported her if she got nominated. Just like I liked Jim Webb during the 2016 election. I would have been fine with either of them winning. Just not Biden, he is honestly a joke. I don't get how anyone can support him outside of "AT least he isn't Trump". Which is a weak argument to begin with.

Can you defend Biden without mentioning the president? Can you convince me that Biden is an actual cognizant individual, and isn't just reading a prompter in interviews in a nice quiet office? I d on't see anything in him, he is dead energy, a ghost.

Riddle me this Batman. How does something claim to change but stay completely the same?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Riddle me this Batman. How does something claim to change but stay completely the same?

Change doesn't happen overnight, and it isn't always apparent to an observer either. Old habits die hard as well. If your statement was directed at me personally, I never claimed I changed (specifically in politics). I am also beginning to regret my desicion about a specific something, because I can't stomach this stupid shit anymore.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
This about sums it up. Anyone who still wants to vote for Trump clearly has abandoned all logic and reason. TDS is real, but it better describes those deranged enough to still support him. Thankfully, it’s not a permanent affliction. Treatment options are available folks.

Ul77ZkV.jpg

Jaguar

Anyone who would suggest delaying an election, a power given only to Congress, because his ass is getting kicked in the polls, is a betrayal to the country. Get the piece of treasonous shit out of the WH, people.

Vote.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Anyone who would suggest delaying an election, a power given only to Congress, because his ass is getting kicked in the polls, is a betrayal to the country. Get the piece of treasonous shit out of the WH, people.

Vote.

Call me cynical but a decent part of me is "happy" that he did that. Because with this things are getting pretty clear and that should pull quite a few people away from him.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Call me cynical but a decent part of me is "happy" that he did that. Because with this things are getting pretty clear and that should pull quite a few people away from him.

Yeah I'm surprised to see that this is what it took for some of the more devout trumpublicans to finally publicly voice some degree of disapproval towards him. Considering the downward spiral he has been on this week, this is really one of the best things he could've done in what seems to be his quest to sabatoge his reelection campaign.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Yeah I'm surprised to see that this is what it took for some of the more devout trumpublicans to finally publicly voice some degree of disapproval towards him. Considering the downward spiral he has been on this week, this is really one of the best things he could've done in what seems to be his quest to sabatoge his reelection campaign.

I'm beginning to wonder whether he actually is playing some 5-D chess.

I mean, on the one hand each of these escalating actions aggravates more people, but on the other he's shifted the level of acceptable behavior so far one hardly recognizes what it means to be POTUS. My wife was telling me this morning that when 2016 happened she had a hard time thinking of him as President, because it just felt off, but that just the other day she caught herself using the phrase "the President" as a sort of pejorative reference. His actions have completely redefined the office. It's hard to remember what normal even feels like.

Why is this important? Well if I were thinking about how a person might go about transforming the United States into an autocracy, this would seem to be one way to do it. Yes, it may seem like he's failing because so many people oppose him, but he's created such a stark division in our society that people are pretty much unwilling to listen to reason, and instead vote for Trump purely out of blind loyalty. He has tied himself fundamentally to their sense of self and their sense of well-being. People hate each other over their support/opposition to him. There is rage. It's really unsettling.

I mean, the alternative is that he is just grossly incompetent and tone-deaf. It's certainly possible. Why would he continually do such obviously terrible things? But I've heard him speak in various settings (including the MaraLago secret tape recordings that were released). Contrary to what people say, he's intelligent. Woefully uninformed on even the most basic issues germane to the office, but intelligent nonetheless. I'm reluctant to view his behavior as simple incompetence out of an abundance of caution.

Anyways, I just hope enough people recognize his presidency for what it is... a threat to the World.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Well, there seems to be some degree of panic mode in all of this. Since the numbers really aren't favoring him or the party. The gap seems to be about 3 times larger than 4 years ago and that makes many important states quite hard to get. While states that lean R are basically becoming new swing states, because the pandemic tilted the whole map. What means that you have to spend in places you don't plan and you probably have less money overall. What can blow up a campaign from the inside, since funding and strategy start to crack and fall into disarray. Especially due to senate and congress dimensions of "the game", that you just can't ignore.

Plus I heard something that he is basically giving up on Michigan for now and he will try to put campaign money somewhere else. I live too far way to be certain about this, but if this is true this is big deal. Since Biden only needs Michigan, Florida and holding what he already has.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well, there seems to be some degree of panic mode in all of this. Since the numbers really aren't favoring him or the party. The gap seems to be about 3 times larger than 4 years ago and that makes many important states quite hard to get. While states that lean R are basically becoming new swing states, because the pandemic tilted the whole map. What means that you have to spend in places you don't plan and you probably have less money overall. What can blow up a campaign from the inside, since funding and strategy start to crack and fall into disarray. Especially due to senate and congress dimensions of "the game", that you just can't ignore.

Plus I heard something that he is basically giving up on Michigan for now and he will try to put campaign money somewhere else. I live too far way to be certain about this, but if this is true this is big deal. Since Biden only needs Michigan, Florida and holding what he already has.

Appears so. I had meetings all afternoon today and hadn't heard any of this news. Apparently Trump pulled all TV ads and according to whatever I was reading, Florida isn't looking great either.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm beginning to wonder whether he actually is playing some 5-D chess.

I mean, on the one hand each of these escalating actions aggravates more people, but on the other he's shifted the level of acceptable behavior so far one hardly recognizes what it means to be POTUS. My wife was telling me this morning that when 2016 happened she had a hard time thinking of him as President, because it just felt off, but that just the other day she caught herself using the phrase "the President" as a sort of pejorative reference. His actions have completely redefined the office. It's hard to remember what normal even feels like.

Why is this important? Well if I were thinking about how a person might go about transforming the United States into an autocracy, this would seem to be one way to do it. Yes, it may seem like he's failing because so many people oppose him, but he's created such a stark division in our society that people are pretty much unwilling to listen to reason, and instead vote for Trump purely out of blind loyalty. He has tied himself fundamentally to their sense of self and their sense of well-being. People hate each other over their support/opposition to him. There is rage. It's really unsettling.

I mean, the alternative is that he is just grossly incompetent and tone-deaf. It's certainly possible. Why would he continually do such obviously terrible things? But I've heard him speak in various settings (including the MaraLago secret tape recordings that were released). Contrary to what people say, he's intelligent. Woefully uninformed on even the most basic issues germane to the office, but intelligent nonetheless. I'm reluctant to view his behavior as simple incompetence out of an abundance of caution.

Anyways, I just hope enough people recognize his presidency for what it is... a threat to the World.

While you'd almost hope he was playing some sort of 5-D mental chess game in an attempt to save face for just how absurd the last 4 years have been in terms of decorum for the POTUS, that would require some degree of self-awareness and foresight, to which at no point in his life has he really displayed he possesses either one. I think while he's been mostly a bumbling buffoon, which with him being a narcissist is ironic because he has embarrassed himself and tarnished his brand hroughout his presidential tenure in a way that seems completely irreparable.

That said, I honestly believe he's experiencing some degree of cognitive decline -- even watching interviews from, say, his 2016 primary run through today, he seems to not even possess the ability anymore to form coherent enough thoughts, and doesn't seem to possess that same ability to galvanize his base with his rallies. At this point it seems like he's even starting to chip away at the members of his base, which still desire for the same wishes they had in 2016, yet it seems as if some are coming to the beginning stages of realizing that possibly he isn't the man to deliver upon those wishes (you still obviously have some die-hard trumpers, but it almost seems they're riding on the 2016 campaign while projecting a bit of their own ideology unto him, almost as if he were their own folk hero they've conjured in their minds to combat the libs versus what actually exists in Donald Trump himself). I almost think these people were so desperate for another Ronald Reagan that they thought by sheer force of will they could craft Donald Trump into that.

Despite his abysmal presidency and the tragic dumpsterfire that its final act is becoming, I find Trump, strictly in the context of himself, to be fascinating. Just from documentaries I've watched about him and how he's described by others, I'd be curious to meet the guy. I'm still tripped out how many people claim they've never seen him crack a genuine laugh or tell a joke, outside of a mean-spirited jib. Even watching some of his earlier interviews where he, while still slimey, seemed much more focused and articulate, it's interesting to observe the path he took in life.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Despite his abysmal presidency and the tragic dumpsterfire that its final act is becoming, I find Trump, strictly in the context of himself, to be fascinating. Just from documentaries I've watched about him and how he's described by others, I'd be curious to meet the guy. I'm still tripped out how many people claim they've never seen him crack a genuine laugh or tell a joke, outside of a mean-spirited jib. Even watching some of his earlier interviews where he, while still slimey, seemed much more focused and articulate, it's interesting to observe the path he took in life.
Many people find it interesting to study leaders like Hitler and Stalin, too. As they say: those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Appears so. I had meetings all afternoon today and hadn't heard any of this news. Apparently Trump pulled all TV ads and according to whatever I was reading, Florida isn't looking great either.

It could be true because it makes sense, Michigan is at this point +8 for Biden in polling average. In other words there are states that are much closer than this, not to mention that he need to rise the defenses in the states that are only slightly on his side. In practical sense the number one reason why he could lose is that he will be spread too thin all over the map. Simply too many areas need to be attacked and defended at once. In a way it is a shame that pollsters treat this as any other election and therefore they don't seek to confirm some random but alarming polls. Such as Alaska only +3 for the incumbent, Arkansas +2, South Carolina +4, etc. While Biden has much more comfortable situation towards the data. He only needs one mid-western state and Florida (but he can replace the mid western state with Arizona or NC). Or he simply needs all 3 mid western states (and defending what he has). MI+AZ+NC would also do it. The paths are quite numerous since the numbers are really far from 2016 that are very close. Therefore it is logical that the president is reorganizing his strategy.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While you'd almost hope he was playing some sort of 5-D mental chess game in an attempt to save face for just how absurd the last 4 years have been in terms of decorum for the POTUS, that would require some degree of self-awareness and foresight, to which at no point in his life has he really displayed he possesses either one. I think while he's been mostly a bumbling buffoon, which with him being a narcissist is ironic because he has embarrassed himself and tarnished his brand hroughout his presidential tenure in a way that seems completely irreparable.

That said, I honestly believe he's experiencing some degree of cognitive decline -- even watching interviews from, say, his 2016 primary run through today, he seems to not even possess the ability anymore to form coherent enough thoughts, and doesn't seem to possess that same ability to galvanize his base with his rallies. At this point it seems like he's even starting to chip away at the members of his base, which still desire for the same wishes they had in 2016, yet it seems as if some are coming to the beginning stages of realizing that possibly he isn't the man to deliver upon those wishes (you still obviously have some die-hard trumpers, but it almost seems they're riding on the 2016 campaign while projecting a bit of their own ideology unto him, almost as if he were their own folk hero they've conjured in their minds to combat the libs versus what actually exists in Donald Trump himself). I almost think these people were so desperate for another Ronald Reagan that they thought by sheer force of will they could craft Donald Trump into that.

I went through my "The Apprentice" phase (mainly the first few years of the show) and remember at the time that he wasn't stupid. He typically had reasonable sounding reasons to make the judgments he did.

Obviously the show was heavily edited and put together to make him look good. But in hindsight, there was an issue where maybe he could justify his decision to fire individuals -- but the logical basis was not consistent. It's like he instinctively worked backwards from his gut instincts -- he would have a liking or disliking for a particular individual or something they did, then find a way to rationally justify their removal or promotion. It's just that if you then go back and look at a SPECTRUM of his decisions, there was no ultimate priority (except whether maybe the person tarnished his name in some way).

Plus, he was like god in that setting, so everyone just hung all over his every word. He had no apparently check or balance.

Nowadays, his abilities seem to have somewhat deteriorated and/or he lives in even more of an echo chamber, so it's so much more obvious and you get (1) some really disjointed decisions across the spectrum and (2) you can now clearly see the content of his "instincts," i.e., his own personal prejudices at play.