• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, at least I didn't throw a temper tantrum after I got reprimanded for using inappropriate language and drag the whole forum down with me, [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION].

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're an American. You can actually, actively do something about your government. Complaining on the internet is not going to cut it, I'm afraid.

That's not all I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Inappropriate language? Give me a break.

I'm being courteous and not taking the situation out of context.

Jaguar

"I am a conservative Republican. Therefore, I must strictly adhere to the United States Constitution. The Constitution clearly limits the role of Congress with respect to presidential elections to the counting of electoral votes that have been certified by the states. The states, consistent with the principles of federalism and a limited national government, possess the sole authority to determine and submit their electors,” Moran said, according to the Kansas City Star. “To vote to reject these state-certified electoral votes would be to act outside the bounds of the Constitution, which I will not do.”

You're right. Tell the crazy people.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"I am a conservative Republican. Therefore, I must strictly adhere to the United States Constitution. The Constitution clearly limits the role of Congress with respect to presidential elections to the counting of electoral votes that have been certified by the states. The states, consistent with the principles of federalism and a limited national government, possess the sole authority to determine and submit their electors,” Moran said, according to the Kansas City Star. “To vote to reject these state-certified electoral votes would be to act outside the bounds of the Constitution, which I will not do.”

You're right. Tell the crazy people.

Good conservative republicans like 2000-era Supreme Court justices?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is going to be a long night.

I think we should be thankful that Trump swindled his followers into killing themselves with covid. Every death means one less propaganda-addled mind to detox in the years to come. Just sad for their sane relatives.

Sadder for the healthcare professionals. And all the people who can't receive emergency medical care for other life threatening emergencies where the hospitals are at capacity. But I don't disagree.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hell of a vote. What is it, 4.4 million votes cast in a GA runoff? That breaks some records for them.

Dems are still in good position, but it still could go either way.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Hell of a vote. What is it, 4.4 million votes cast in a GA runoff? That breaks some records for them.

Dems are still in good position, but it still could go either way.

Right now, the needle shows +1.5 Warnock and +0.9 Ossoff. If that holds, it'll be a decent swing from the November election a few months ago.

Was it because Trump convinced enough of his followers that elections are rigged and meaningless?

Was it because McConnell convinced enough Georgians that a Democratic trifecta was the only way to get $2000 checks?

Was it because an electorate that was afraid of court packing and a strong Democratic majority is less afraid of a 50/50 Senate (i.e. voters didn't change since November, and always preferred a very modest Dem majority, but worried about Dems being too strong in November, given polls at the time)?

If it doesn't hold... then things will likely be very similar to the November results. Not sure what that would say, except for, things are the same.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In spite of all my whining about the Democratic party, I would be pretty happy with a Democratic Senate. Yertle's got to go to the sidelines.