• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Too Skinny?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
18% bf is fitness model territory. And here is a good article about why athletes should throw away the scale and ignore BMI:
144lbs: Why Female Athletes Should Toss the Scale and Get a New Perspective | Breaking Muscle

Let's face it, the general population has no idea what anorexia looks like, and their judgments of "normality" has shifted together with the median BMI. It's more borne out of ignorance than anything else, and people would rather stick to what they know than learn that they're wrong. I just ignore the naysayers.

Loved that article! Thank you for sharing. Someone commented to me again this weekend. I told him, "I'm not skinny. I'm lean. There's a difference." I love what you say that the generally people would rather stick to what they know than leasrn they're wrong. Well said.

Also, just a personal note here...I liked her look better before the boob job.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Loved that article! Thank you for sharing. Someone commented to me again this weekend. I told him, "I'm not skinny. I'm lean. There's a difference." I love what you say that the generally people would rather stick to what they know than leasrn they're wrong. Well said.

Also, just a personal note here...I liked her look better before the boob job.

:) Yeah, to those who don't train and have never lifted before it's hard to make the distinction between being skinny and being lean. But at the same time, bf % can be deceptive. Having a lot of muscle which lowers overall bf is different from being skinny.

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg

Heh boobs get in the way of my workouts, so I don't really understand why people would want to make them bigger...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
:) Yeah, to those who don't train and have never lifted before it's hard to make the distinction between being skinny and being lean. But at the same time, bf % can be deceptive. Having a lot of muscle which lowers overall bf is different from being skinny.

View attachment 14911

Heh boobs get in the way of my workouts, so I don't really understand why people would want to make them bigger.

Yes. I've seen a lot of people who are skinny but they look flabby and frail. Oh, the bolded part...I've uttered those exact words more than once. I totally agree with you!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get really fucking annoyed when people try to tell others what they should do. Especially when it comes to your body. Your body is none of their business, nor their responsibility. What matters is whether or not you're healthy and/or happy. And nobody else gets to decide that but you.

Sil

This is a test.
Although your measurements don't indicate it, perhaps you look oddly proportioned with the new weight loss and muscle.

You may look fine to you, but clearly there is something about the way you look that is grabbing people's attention and making them feel compelled to say something.

That's not your problem, though.