• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Tips for typing?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks to anyone who shows interest. I am new to the enneagram and I am wondering if anyone has any tips for typing yourself in addition to taking the tests? Thanks again. :bye:

Brains

What's your crutch or self-concept? How do you feel you need to be or what do you feel you need to have to get through life?

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
When tests results confuses you.. :( :hug:

Firstly, this site helps dramatically, especially if you get something like the below image. But below I can zero out the two lowest score, (hate to challenge people, and seriously lack motivatiin), which is good, but the rest are ties, possibilities, and none if them score especially low, to fully be excluded. This, to me, just almost always happen on tests I do.

chart.jpg

Aw god dammed it LOL. Lets see. Ok my highest score is Ennegram One. Checked it, and that type, as some kind of perfectionist of insanity, fits as primary, and the other one, in my case, support the primary ennegram type (but thats because I knew that already in present not past). But hey, there are three that is only one point lower, maybe my main isn't One, but can be 3,4,5 too. And in addition, a score of 4 isn't weak.

The point is, why it would happen, and this is the main thing and the main concern.

How did you feel about the question?
What were you thinking when you answer them?
Are the questions they gave you associated to your "I dont know how to answer" problem?
Which type of question you remember the best?
How you do things?
Other problems?

Quoted from a session of the same site.
I am the first explaination even I am not perfect myself. Those times I spent years studying, reflecting, studying, reflecting all the time trying to refine due to terrible self awareness. So they were a hit. I often end up with a test result that got several items ie a close call.

There are two explanations for this kind of close pattern. First, the subject may have been engaged in therapy or spiritual development for many years and may have resolved the problems and conflicts of his or her personality. (As essence is developed, personality loses its grip; hence, the more work a person does on himself or herself, the more it eventually becomes difficult to test personality, and scores would be expected to equalize.) It should be noted, however, that very few individuals seem to have attained this degree of integration and non-identification with their ego. This explanation should therefore be applied rarely and with great caution.

The second explanation for a relatively close distribution of scores is that the subject may not have spent much time in personal development and therefore lacks the self-knowledge necessary to take an Enneagram test properly. (Ironically, this explanation is a reverse of the first.) In this situation, the same pattern results from the subject identification with too many traits indiscriminately. If this should occur, the subject’s personality type may be found by having someone who knows him or her well take the Enneagram test either with the person or in the person’s place. A subject who has obtained the same score in several types should also read the type descriptions on this website and the longer descriptions inPersonality Types and Understanding the Enneagram carefully, with particular attention to the types’ motivations, and then retake the test.

- See more at: https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/interpreting-your-enneagram-test-results/#sthash.b0d6g5kI.dpuf

For instance, even this would paraphrase the link given, I think it is worth mentioning based on not only on my experience, but the possibility of certain things to happen when you are answering the questionaire. With the increasingly lots of various types of questionaire I do for my personality tests, ennegram, etc, I managed to take a (brief) snapshot in my brain on how they asked it, and certain questionaires can more accurately type a person, and some, I couldn't bother not because I don't know much about myself, which do contribute majorly in difficulties of typing, but because I knew myself well enough that I surely will take both ways depending on situation, so to force me on a side, I can't answer. And I ended up pretty much abandon the result because if this occurs, I am sure fire that my results won't be accurate. Then I am in a journey to find a better questionaire.

Then the main ennegram will come out, and some others that support the main.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thanks again, I found the site and took the full RHETI twice and got almost the exact same scores each time. Type nine and four are tied, type two is an extremely close second by just three points. Kind of have a feeling I am a nine from what I read, nines they say type themselves as twos and fours, so since a nine is right up there, it could be me. [MENTION=27834]IndigoViolet11[/MENTION] :hi: