• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Three days to settle a wager - fidelia's e type

What is fid's enneagram type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
To anyone who has so kindly responded, I'm still getting to replying. I appreciate each one of you who has taken the time to weigh in.

Oh yeah [MENTION=15246]SD45T-2[/MENTION]! Have a go!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION]
Is 1w9 an option? That may explain why you are more mellow than most 1s? If both are compelling, and according to Enneagram you can be both, it seems like an option to explore. :) There is an especially tolerant and patient aspect to your communication that could involve 9.

As another possibility, I sometimes see some 2 and even 6 in you. Could you be a tritype like 2 9 6 or something like that? A little 6 in the mix could create a similar vibe as 1 possibly? I'm not certain about that, but I know 6 is very careful and loyal. I don't have a strong sense of this since I don't know Enneagram especially well.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Well regardless I am still confident in my conclusion :)
I formed an impression when I met her in person once. Intuition. Also when I read the 9 profile on the site here and think about what she is like I'm like no, no, no, not that, no....

I'm ok with your impression, but when we met, would you have thought me a 9? I feel like your answer would be no.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
'If you really know a e1 you would not like or be able to get along with that person;' someone told me a long time ago.
Unless that someone was God you should probably not take it as gospel.

To anyone who has so kindly responded, I'm still getting to replying. I appreciate each one of you who has taken the time to weigh in.

Oh yeah [MENTION=15246]SD45T-2[/MENTION]! Have a go!
I could see 1. Instinctual variant and MBTI are factors too or course, so your experience is naturally going to be somewhat different than mine. :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see you clearly as a 1, but I don't energy right now to type a full explanation. I may not make your deadline, but if you're still curious, I may write something up sooner than later.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I see you clearly as a 1, but I don't energy right now to type a full explanation. I may not make your deadline, but if you're still curious, I may write something up sooner than later.

I'd love that. The deadline is only for the sake of having a definitive time to tally votes for the bet. But really what I'm interested in is knowing what makes people get the impressions they do or what they think I vibe like, so if you have time later, please do!

á´…eparted

passages
There's been a number of comparisons between [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] and myself in here. Assuming she's a 1, we're clearly different in that regard. I also don't think I am the best person to use as an example as a 1. While I am a very clear 1, I am atypical in the manner of being extremely candid and open. In my experience, that is not a common trait for 1's. It exists, but it's rare and almost exclusively for extroverts. Even [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], another very clear 1 that shares a ton of 1 qualities with me, is not nearly as candid and open as I am with my thoughts and feelings. What this does is it put's my 1ness on display for everyone to see. I actually do try to hold back a lot (and do) but I'm not good at it and it still comes out a ton. Typically, 1's don't put that stuff on display. As such, it's kind of hard to see the machinations that indicate a 1, and might lead to others not believe them in their own typings.

In other words, if you use me (or even EJCC) as a way to see or test if Fidelia is a 1, I don't think you'll get the right answer. It would be better to compare her to other IxxJ 1's, if comparisons are even to be used at all. Sadly, I can't think of any off the top of my head. The only introverted 1 that comes to mind is [MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION], but he's also P (which is unusual) so he might not be the best example for comparison either. Even so, I actually do see a lot of overlaps between those two, than I see overlap with EJCC and or myself.

As I have read this thread, I am almost positive Fidelia is a 1. I just am not seeing the 9 energy of motivations here. I forget who said it, but someone said that she has a very definite and certainness to her, and I have seen that appear here, and I recall seeing it elsewhere. While both 9's and 1's are stubborn, the ways in which they are stubborn is totally different. 1's are stubborn with principles and rules, 9's are stubborn when they're pushed or pinned down. 1's don't really react to being pinned down. They'll probably do it to themselves before you'd even try, and I see Fidelia as being that way.

A lot of people have been questioning Fidelia's lack of apparent anger. Using that as tool to determine type is misleading, and fails to capture completely what 1's are about. I think it's important to remember that having a visible temper isn't really a defining trait of 1's (let me explain), and tempers are common for lots of types. In the vast majority of 1's, their temper isn't seen. A lot of people on the forums here have seen my "temper", but honestly, you haven't. Only the mods have seen it in private on a few occasions, and one particular member. I'm still consistent with 1's holding in their anger and frustrations. If I didn't I'd be banned from here damn quick. It's also important to keep in mind that the "anger" of 1's is a pretty broad term. People tend to think of 1's anger as being red faced yelling, screaming, condemning, etc. Anger also included: miffed, frustrated, ticked off, irritated, pissed, annoyed, etc. etc. It's a catch all term for all things that fall under the umbrella of anger. For 1's those feelings are genuinely constant in some form of another. All it will take is briefly thinking of something that the 1 in questions simply "not ok with" and some of those feelings will instantly come up.

Another important aspect of 1's is perfectionism. It's a very particular perfectionism though, but it is the most "classic" form of it. 1's must be right and do right. That's not saying they must win all debates and must prove they are right with everything and know everything. Honestly? You'll see that MUCH more with an ENTP in debate mode, and not from a 1. It's got a totally different motivation behind it. 1's don't have that motivation/drive to "win" those sorts of things. That doesn't matter. What matters is that things are right. A way this can show up with 1's is when they make a statement and saying "This is the truth", the will not budge or debate that point at all because to them, that isn't a matter of discussion anymore. More contentious 1's who want to maintain an openess image will artfully cover this up, but if you press enough to uncover it, you'll see them holding onto this axiom in an undebateable manner. They want to be right and APPEAR right. It's a complicated dance.

Anyway, I thought those were some things worth clearing up. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts Fidelia.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From ocean moonshine, Ones - the enneagram ...info from the underground

Finally, if the wing is especially strong, Ones and Nines might crosstype, but Ones are far more judgmental and have a much harder time relaxing than Enneatype Nines, who are generally far more “laid back.” Ones seldom have a hard time expressing their opinions or making their requirements known, whereas Nines frequently struggle with self-assertion.

You seem more laid back....

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I would say that a 9w1 is a likely candidate. I feel like personal interaction is the truest way to tell.So, I'm only basing my guess on the interaction I've had with you on here. You have a calmness about you and a definite sense of fairness, justice. So, 9w1.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh yeah, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]! Any thoughts?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's been a number of comparisons between [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] and myself in here. Assuming she's a 1, we're clearly different in that regard. I also don't think I am the best person to use as an example as a 1. While I am a very clear 1, I am atypical in the manner of being extremely candid and open. In my experience, that is not a common trait for 1's. It exists, but it's rare and almost exclusively for extroverts. Even [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], another very clear 1 that shares a ton of 1 qualities with me, is not nearly as candid and open as I am with my thoughts and feelings. What this does is it put's my 1ness on display for everyone to see. I actually do try to hold back a lot (and do) but I'm not good at it and it still comes out a ton. Typically, 1's don't put that stuff on display. As such, it's kind of hard to see the machinations that indicate a 1, and might lead to others not believe them in their own typings.

In other words, if you use me (or even EJCC) as a way to see or test if Fidelia is a 1, I don't think you'll get the right answer. It would be better to compare her to other IxxJ 1's, if comparisons are even to be used at all. Sadly, I can't think of any off the top of my head. The only introverted 1 that comes to mind is [MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION], but he's also P (which is unusual) so he might not be the best example for comparison either. Even so, I actually do see a lot of overlaps between those two, than I see overlap with EJCC and or myself.

As I have read this thread, I am almost positive Fidelia is a 1. I just am not seeing the 9 energy of motivations here. I forget who said it, but someone said that she has a very definite and certainness to her, and I have seen that appear here, and I recall seeing it elsewhere. While both 9's and 1's are stubborn, the ways in which they are stubborn is totally different. 1's are stubborn with principles and rules, 9's are stubborn when they're pushed or pinned down. 1's don't really react to being pinned down. They'll probably do it to themselves before you'd even try, and I see Fidelia as being that way.

A lot of people have been questioning Fidelia's lack of apparent anger. Using that as tool to determine type is misleading, and fails to capture completely what 1's are about. I think it's important to remember that having a visible temper isn't really a defining trait of 1's (let me explain), and tempers are common for lots of types. In the vast majority of 1's, their temper isn't seen. A lot of people on the forums here have seen my "temper", but honestly, you haven't. Only the mods have seen it in private on a few occasions, and one particular member. I'm still consistent with 1's holding in their anger and frustrations. If I didn't I'd be banned from here damn quick. It's also important to keep in mind that the "anger" of 1's is a pretty broad term. People tend to think of 1's anger as being red faced yelling, screaming, condemning, etc. Anger also included: miffed, frustrated, ticked off, irritated, pissed, annoyed, etc. etc. It's a catch all term for all things that fall under the umbrella of anger. For 1's those feelings are genuinely constant in some form of another. All it will take is briefly thinking of something that the 1 in questions simply "not ok with" and some of those feelings will instantly come up.

Another important aspect of 1's is perfectionism. It's a very particular perfectionism though, but it is the most "classic" form of it. 1's must be right and do right. That's not saying they must win all debates and must prove they are right with everything and know everything. Honestly? You'll see that MUCH more with an ENTP in debate mode, and not from a 1. It's got a totally different motivation behind it. 1's don't have that motivation/drive to "win" those sorts of things. That doesn't matter. What matters is that things are right. A way this can show up with 1's is when they make a statement and saying "This is the truth", the will not budge or debate that point at all because to them, that isn't a matter of discussion anymore. More contentious 1's who want to maintain an openess image will artfully cover this up, but if you press enough to uncover it, you'll see them holding onto this axiom in an undebateable manner. They want to be right and APPEAR right. It's a complicated dance.

Anyway, I thought those were some things worth clearing up. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts Fidelia.

I agree comparing Fidelia to you isn't a great comparison. Not only are you extremely extroverted, but as you say you are a little more atypical for a 1 in being so 'out there' and candid. Many of the examples of famous 1's include a breadth of people who are extremely diplomatic and much more particular about what and when they put things out into the open -- as their higher goal is to enact a broader change (many of them) - ie many aiming for change in the world on a global level, national level, etc, are 1's.

I also think an introverted 1 can and will have a much more quiet persistence/ strength. They stick to their principles and beliefs and quietly assert those, but not necessarily in an in-your-face way. It is just evident by their actions and what they DO say in how they feel.

I too wish there were more e1's on the forum, as I can honestly only think of you, EJCC, and MP --- none of which will easily translate to an INFJ 1 for comparison. I only know of an INFJ 1 outside of this forum, who I can say doesn't at all come across as you, Hard, however is who I have in mind when describing quiet persistence/communication/diplomacy/strength/goals and ideals always at the forefront.

------------

Also this is from the Enneagram institute -

1:
Basic Fear: Of being corrupt/evil, defective
Basic Desire: To be good, to have integrity, to be balanced
Enneagram One with a Nine-Wing: "The Idealist"
Enneagram One with a Two-Wing: "The Advocate"
Key Motivations: Want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone.

9:
Basic Fear: Of loss and separation
Basic Desire: To have inner stability "peace of mind"
Enneagram Nine with an Eight-Wing: "The Referee"
Enneagram Nine with a One-Wing: "The Dreamer"
Key Motivations: Want to create harmony in their environment, to avoid conflicts and tension, to preserve things as they are, to resist whatever would upset or disturb them.

Starry

Oh yeah, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]! Any thoughts?

I actually posted already in this thread but just a quick word to say that I definitely think you are accurately typed.

I keep wondering if what people are seeing as "9" is in reality "7 integration"...

I'll vote.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey [MENTION=15246]SD45T-2[/MENTION], do you want to weigh in? As a 1 you may have an informed opinion.

Oh [MENTION=6689]Polaris[/MENTION] is also someone I've communicated with a fair bit. What do you think?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION], please take this test, the full one: Enneagram Test, free online personality test to find your type

"Professional Enneagram & Tritype® Test - (complete version-includes Tritype!)" - it's $10.

It will enable discussing your results from a fresh vantage point, since the conversation is beyond casual voting.

I think that's the best test [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION]

I'd agree with this assessment [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION]. You might note my results in my Enneagram thread that I linked earlier. This has the tritype assessment which is what nailed it for me.