• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Ultimate Chill-Out Playlist

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=23629]Passacaglia[/MENTION]

Whoa, that's my 2nd favourite Snatam Kaur song... Feels weird considering I'm an Atheist, but the gratitude aspect of the song is humbling and very calming

Passacaglia

Whoa, that's my 2nd favourite Snatam Kaur song... Feels weird considering I'm an Atheist, but the gratitude aspect of the song is humbling and very calming
Same here; whatever else I think about religion, it sure inspires some great music. Back when Luciano Pavarotti was alive and hosting charity concerts, he and Dolores O'Riordan performed the most amazing rendition of Ave Maria that I've ever heard:

I still get shivers when Pavarotti joins the duet halfway through. Wish I still had this concert on CD!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
depends if I feel like singing along really... if I do it's something like this

if I don't, it's something like this

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This one is probably in my top 100 songs ever:

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=25149]Chrysanthea[/MENTION] Zora's Domain! I love that song. I can't believe I didn't think to post video game music. Because there is a lot of it that is legit chill-out music.

I like this one, from Final Fantasy IX. In the game, Daguerreo is a library in a hidden cave behind a waterfall. (You'd think all the books would get warped and moldy, but I guess not?) I love the piano version, because it actually does sound like falling water.

Chrysanthea

The most chillout-friendly Nintendo franchise, Metroid!~ It could have its entire soundtrack from the Metroid Primes series considered to be an excellent ambient chillout album. I remember I used to just run around aimlessly in Phendrana Drifts when I first arrived there, not caring to actually progress through the game but to merely take in all the beauty that surrounded me; and the music eased the process of getting lost in the world.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
The most chillout-friendly Nintendo franchise, Metroid!~ It could have its entire soundtrack from the Metroid Primes series considered to be an excellent ambient chillout album. I remember I used to just run around aimlessly in Phendrana Drifts when I first arrived there, not caring to actually progress through the game but to merely take in all the beauty that surrounded me; and the music eased the process of getting lost in the world.

I'm playing through these again, brilliant games.

Also:

Passacaglia

I've been in a folksy mood lately, so here are three of my favorites. They're all sweet and sad songs about rural life; having grown up in rural New York, these songs really hit home for me. (Yes, there is a New York outside of New York City. ;)) Just yesterday I bought an acoustic guitar, so I hope to be able to play these someday!