• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The THOT Process: A documentary about Modern day epidemic of Narcissism

[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION], you’re correct, and this is where discernment figures into the equation with regards to context and nuance. Christ demonstrated what’s called “Righteous anger.” Anger, afterall is a God-given emotion. It’s more about ‘where’ the anger originates, I believe, whether it be malicious or not.

He mostly called them hypocrites, but He used a lot of coded language in His parables with regards to them. “Thieves,” “robbers,” etc.

“Fools” is usually designated for unbelievers or atheists, and you see this mostly in the Wisdom texts and St Paul’s epistles. I don’t recall Christ calling anyone a fool, but I’ve been wrong many times before.

Luke 11:40

Thank you for teaching me. 🙏🏼

“What did the Savior say? He appropriately rebuked them, saying, “Now you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but what is in you is full of looting and wickedness.” It would have been easy for the Lord to use other words with the view of instructing the foolish Pharisee, but he has found an opportunity. He connects his teaching with what was before their eyes. Since it was the time for eating and sitting at the table, he takes as a plain comparison the cup and the dish. He shows that those who sincerely serve God must be pure and clean, not only from bodily impurity but from what is hidden within in the mind. Utensils that serve the table must be cleansed from those impurities that are on the outside as well from those that are within. He says that he who made that which is on the outside also made that which is on the inside. This means that he who created the body also made the soul. Since they are both the works of one virtueloving God, their purification must be uniform.,,

Commentary on Luke, Homily

-- Cyril of Alexandria 444 AD

**Surprisingly relevant to the discussion at hand.** 😳

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can someone summarize for me what this video is about? Do I have to watch the whole thing?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tl;Dr: we're all going to hell because Britney Spears and Cardi B are zombie Satan.

oh. But putting kids in cages where they die from improper medical care is fine, though. It's the Lord's work.

Edit: I am really tired of hearing people who are ok with that claim moral superiority over me.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
oh. But putting kids in cages where they die from improper medical care is fine, though. It's the Lord's work.

Edit: I am really tired of hearing people who are ok with that claim moral superiority over me.

Matthew 18:6 "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Judging Christianity for the anti-Christian behaviour of supposed members/believers is logically inconsistent. Another example is judging Christianity for the monetary greed of televangelists when that's something that the Bible says not to do (i.e. being greedy), and is ironic given Jesus' frequent criticism of the religious leaders of the time.

Matthew 18:6 "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Judging Christianity for the anti-Christian behaviour of supposed members/believers is logically inconsistent. Another example is judging Christianity for the monetary greed of televangelists when that's something that the Bible says not to do (i.e. being greedy), and is ironic given Jesus' frequent criticism of the religious leaders of the time.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm not so sure. There are a lot of sinister types in the church, there always have been, so it's not a long shot. Though I could be wrong.

Read about Operation Gladio.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I understand the human propensity to trust one who leads by example, but whether or not he practises what he preaches should be none of our concern.

Forget about the person. Judge the merits of the idea.