• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Stand

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
thank god, lol

"Masssssster, eeeett leeeeeeeeeves! EEEET LEEEEEVES"
Lucky number 13

I;ll expand on more once i watch the reboot

Ive learned that I cant fight my scattered adhd brain, but I can organize it after the fact. If I dont get distracted first.

The Cat

Staff member
Finished the Audiobook this morning at work. I liked the book better than the 90's miniseries, but I hand it to the miniseries, it delivered well enough as any network television station would allow. I enjoy how Randal Flagg never knows exactly what it is at first. The book definitely made me think about in a way the series didnt, which dreams I would have and where I would have been drawn. Gary Sinese was a good cast for Stu. The mini series was missing a lot of things, but more perplexing is they allude to it, but my guess is the network censors were like. You can't do that on television. Im guessing the reason Randal Flagg doesnt throw Nadine off the balcony was two fold: One wanting to give her a "redemption" somehow(i personally dont see how this accomplishes it, but I see how someone could think that.) and second: To make Randal Flagg seem less childish, which...imo its pretty central to his character. The crawling chaos that is Flagg must always be in some stage of adolescence because of the nature of Nyarlanthotep as a being and herald of transition. His are the horror stories that keep Azathoth slumbering and were it ever to wake, it would atomize all life so idk I guess they just wanted to make it less cosmic horror and more plain and simple devil for the tv show. Jamey Sheridan was on point though, and King wrote Flagg in a way...was a bit more relatable than I might have liked. But maybe that's the point. Definitely cinched this years halloween costume. I've pretty much got everything but the buttons already. Smiley Smile and How's your bacon. Ralph, Glen, and Larry were also very relatable. Also I get the feeling Steven King feels bad about Cujo because Kojack and Radar(From Fairy Tale) actually make me want to get a dog.

The Cat

Staff member
I know I give Molly Ringwold without glasses a hard time for having scary haunting Janine Melnitz eyes.
But with glasses, I trust her implicitly, its like shes a different person. There might really be something to the Clark Kent Effect of just wearing glasses and not using your eye lasers.​

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know I give Molly Ringwold without glasses a hard time for having scary haunting Janine Melnitz eyes.
But with glasses, I trust her implicitly, its like shes a different person. There might really be something to the Clark Kent Effect of just wearing glasses and not using your eye lasers.​
I like the glasses, too. I'm irritated by A Face in the Crowd, though. Pre-code films are great, though.

Pre-code films are the cinematic equivalent of the dirty blues.

Baby face
Island of Lost Souls

Last edited: