• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Seafood Thread

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A thread about seafood. I didn't bother to check if this already existed but I hope not.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let me sort seafood my tier:

God:
Conch
Tuna
Eel
Shrimp

Amazing teir:
Salmon
Red snapper
Swordfish
Crab
Scallops

Great tier:
Octopus
Squid
Grouper
Lobster
Clams

Trash tier:
Tilapia
Cod

Lark

I love all sorts of sea food, I really like a lot of sushi too. Although the last couple of times I ate at a Yo Sushi! in an airport and in Belfast, they were disappointing and expensive. I ate the greatest big sushi boat with my brothers in a restaurant in Rome once.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Steamed shrimp dumplings that melt in your mouth, at a dim sum restaurant (now closed... no other shrimp will ever compare)...

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
024018500000_01.jpg

really craving some good ol maryland blue crab, but not enough to endure a week at my mother’s house.

dungeness is not the same at all!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will admit it - I am a complete seafood snob. I grew up in New England, where every little mom and pop place had good fresh fish, and cheap to boot. We had fish every week when I was growing up. Not fancy, but fresh, tasty, and never overcooked. The only thing worse than fish that isn't fresh is fish that is overcooked, or heaven forbid, both.

That being said, my personal favorites are cod, sole, salmon, and scallops, though I will eat other types if they are fresh, and well-prepared.

I will admit it - I am a complete seafood snob. I grew up in New England, where every little mom and pop place had good fresh fish, and cheap to boot. We had fish every week when I was growing up. Not fancy, but fresh, tasty, and never overcooked. The only thing worse than fish that isn't fresh is fish that is overcooked, or heaven forbid, both.

That being said, my personal favorites are cod, sole, salmon, and scallops, though I will eat other types if they are fresh, and well-prepared.

I live in a New England coastal town. Growing up my dad knew all the fishermen and lobstermen by name. Fresh is right off the boat. That being said I’d take a freshly killed cow every time. Blasphemy I know.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I live in a New England coastal town. Growing up my dad knew all the fishermen and lobstermen by name. Fresh is right off the boat. That being said I’d take a freshly killed cow every time. Blasphemy I know.
Shame on you. You should have been exiled to Texas long ago.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I live about as far from the coast as you can. One day, I drove past a guy selling "fresh shrimp" out the back of his pickup... Crawdads, maaaaaybe, fresh shrimp? lol No.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm allergic to mollusks but not crustaceans.

My dad is going shrimping next weekend.

:yays:

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I never thought this thread would get active. Brings a tear to my eye.