• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Impeachment Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Why? I realize they are basically at odds ideologically. But very few current congressmen are as principled, most just tow their party lines.

Oh no no, I like the idea. I wasn't laughing because I disagree at all. Justin Amash is my congressman, I commend him for his principals. He is also learning to embrace the Bernie/Warren/AOC method of campaign finance since he has lost all his rich donors, like DeVos/Amway - the general feeling is that he's become a national embarrassment to the GOP establishment. Which can only help him find new voters.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh no no, I like the idea. I wasn't laughing because I disagree at all. Justin Amash is my congressman, I commend him for his principals. He is also learning to embrace the Bernie/Warren/AOC method of campaign finance since he has lost all his rich donors, like DeVos/Amway - the general feeling is that he's become a national embarrassment to the GOP establishment. Which can only help him find new voters.

It seems like the DeVos family assumed he'd be a useful pawn for them when they initially endorsed and funded him. It was the case a lot of the 2010 tea party wave were just pawns for monied interests. Amash being probably the last one of that wave remaining in office who's actually walked his talk since being elected. Which of course means the republicans are going to probably fight hard to put a trump loyalist into that seat in 2020. It's unfortunate he'll probably just wind up splitting the vote and losing, unless he's able to convince enough democratic voters to support his run. Seems unlikely, but then again Lieberman was able to get re-elected as an independent after a coup from his own party.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It seems like the DeVos family assumed he'd be a useful pawn for them when they initially endorsed and funded him. It was the case a lot of the 2010 tea party wave were just pawns for monied interests. Amash being probably the last one of that wave remaining in office who's actually walked his talk since being elected. Which of course means the republicans are going to probably fight hard to put a trump loyalist into that seat in 2020. It's unfortunate he'll probably just wind up splitting the vote, unless he's able to convince enough democratic voters to support his run. Seems unlikely, but then again Lieberman was able to get re-elected as an independent.

They totally thought that but they're not the only ones. Richard DeVos lost his bid got governor so this was the next best thing they could do - buy the Michigan legislature. And now they have a seat in Washington. They have been trying for years to turn the country into a Christian Republic. That's not hyperbole - they've been doing it since the 70's.

How Betsy DeVos Used God and Amway to Take Over Michigan Politics - POLITICO Magazine

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They totally thought that but they're not the only ones. Richard DeVos lost his bid got governor so this was the next best thing they could do - buy the Michigan legislature. And now they have a seat in Washington. They have been trying for years to turn the country into a Christian Republic. That's not hyperbole - they've been doing it since the 70's.

How Betsy DeVos Used God and Amway to Take Over Michigan Politics - POLITICO Magazine

Oh I know. These types of people have been pushing that agenda for a while. Anita Bryant was a big one back in the day.

Some of them don't even try to hide the fact that they would be happy with an end to democracy as long as it meant this were a Christian government.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Deprecator said:
In any event, I find it interesting how four times now you've used the word "credible" when referring to allegations, and for whatever reason people here want to ignore your repeated use of this word and instead respond by citing literally any allegation at all as if it was somehow "proof" of your "double standard".

I believe it to be evidence of cognitive dissonance.

highlander said:
There is an entire Wikipedia page on it. "Sexual misconduct allegations have been made against Trump by at least 22 women. "

I saw that page over the week-end. I do believe he entered dressing rooms of beauty pageant contestants, but while that's unethical, it's not a crime. He owned the pageant.

If any of those allegations were credible, CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WaPo would be all over it.

Tomb1

...I’m trying to understand why tellenbach is so obviously biased in his approach to either of these guys’ alleged misconduct

Pursuant to my prior opinion on the Tomb's List of Member Typings thread, I'd suggest that Clinton ultimately belongs to that part of reality which doesn't conform to Tellenbach's ideals, so anything Clinton does comes in for contempt/disdain. Said approach is a core feature of the 1w9's contemptuous-rigid gestalt. Also, given that 1s disintegrate to four, they are often given to an extreme lack of objectivity. Though, in contrast to the four, 1s (esp. LSI, ILI, LII) effectuate a better pretense of objectivity/rationalism - even to the point of confusing themselves with, or being confused for, type five, the difference of course fives are genuinely dispassionate.

A Primer On The Core Gestalts For Each E-Type And More

https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/the-graveyard/92673-tombs-list-typings-17.html#post2918597

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pursuant to my prior opinion on the Tomb's List of Member Typings thread, I'd suggest that Clinton ultimately belongs to that part of reality which doesn't conform to Tellenbach's ideals, so anything Clinton does comes in for contempt/disdain. Said approach is a core feature of the 1w9's contemptuous-rigid gestalt. Also, given that 1s disintegrate to four, they are often given to an extreme lack of objectivity. Though, in contrast to the four, 1s (esp. LSI, ILI, LII) effectuate a better pretense of objectivity/rationalism - even to the point of confusing themselves with, or being confused for, type five, the difference of course fives are genuinely dispassionate.

A Primer On The Core Gestalts For Each E-Type And More

https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/the-graveyard/92673-tombs-list-typings-17.html#post2918597

I still await your typing. As you seem to put a lot more effort into it, than others. I am very curious to know how different your view might be.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe it to be evidence of cognitive dissonance.

I saw that page over the week-end. I do believe he entered dressing rooms of beauty pageant contestants, but while that's unethical, it's not a crime. He owned the pageant.

If any of those allegations were credible, CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WaPo would be all over it.

I think they were. I'm not sure how you can argue this. He bragged about how he grabbed women's pussies for God's sake. Then there are 22 women who seem to claim a variety of allegations. Where there is smoke there is fire. Honestly, I cannot for the life me me understand how he snagged an intelligent and attractive women like Melania. I guess though that narcissists have a knack for snagging attractive women due to their confidence and charm.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Highlander said:
I think they were. I'm not sure how you can argue this. He bragged about how he grabbed women's pussies for God's sake. Then there are 22 women who seem to claim a variety of allegations. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Where's the evidence? Where are all the diary, facebook, myspace blog entries where these women make these claims at the time the alleged incident occurred? Where are the testimony from personal friends? I haven't seen any. As to the second part, he said in that Access Hollywood clip, that women will let him grab their private parts if you are famous. That sounds like Trump is describing a consensual encounter.

We know that Dems make false charges frequently; the Jussie Smollett incident pops to mind. There have been multiple cases of college students/professors spray painting their own cars with swastikas and blaming Republicans.

CNN spent over 5000 hours covering Stormy Daniels; it's Trump 24/7 over there. You don't think they've hired private investigators to look into Trump's private life and dig up dirt?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Tomb1 said:
Pursuant to my prior opinion on the Tomb's List of Member Typings thread, I'd suggest that Clinton ultimately belongs to that part of reality which doesn't conform to Tellenbach's ideals, so anything Clinton does comes in for contempt/disdain.

I do think Clinton (both of them) are scumbags because of how they've behaved. If the Clintons ever start behaving like decent Americans, I'll revise my opinion. I judge people on how they act. It's really that simple.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where's the evidence? Where are all the diary, facebook, myspace blog entries where these women make these claims at the time the alleged incident occurred? Where are the testimony from personal friends? I haven't seen any. As to the second part, he said in that Access Hollywood clip, that women will let him grab their private parts if you are famous. That sounds like Trump is describing a consensual encounter.

We know that Dems make false charges frequently; the Jussie Smollett incident pops to mind. There have been multiple cases of college students/professors spray painting their own cars with swastikas and blaming Republicans.

CNN spent over 5000 hours covering Stormy Daniels; it's Trump 24/7 over there. You don't think they've hired private investigators to look into Trump's private life and dig up dirt?

Your comments appear to defy logic and reason. You criticize the Clintons as scumbags but then defend Trump. Sounds like a purely partisan position. I see more and more people who appear to operate/think as you do and if this is the republican party today, I have to say that I want nothing to do with it. You guys have pushed me out -financial impacts on me personally be damned.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Justin of Flavia Neapolis said:
What is the ideal outcome of the impeachment proceedings?

We're going to see every president from now on be impeached for political reasons if the opposition party controls the House but the silver lining is the re-election of Trump. The bar for "high crimes and misdemeanors" is now mean tweets.

Deprecator

What is the ideal outcome of the impeachment proceedings?
House votes to impeach Trump, and in the Senate there's a long, drawn out spectacle where Shiff, Biden's son and the whistler are all subpoenaed.

Sadly I might have to amend my original post in this thread to add credence to the less appealing possibility that the Senate won't carry on with the circus show and will instead immediately acquit Trump without any of the nail-biting drama. :dry:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... Honestly, I cannot for the life me me understand how he snagged an intelligent and attractive women like Melania...

You just answered your own question, as far as her intelligence goes. It's not like she's been an innocent bystander for years; and her "Be Best" project is a joke that she's avoiding the punchline of, considering the obvious big picture. She's either dumb, corrupt, or some combination of the two.

I've also read that she came from nothing and he was her blatant ticket out. So I guess you could credit her some intelligence there.

But if Trump was younger, he'd be dropping her as soon as he found someone new. That's his pattern. Either she's too dumb to see that or she doesn't care because her financial future is now secure.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You just answered your own question, as far as her intelligence goes. It's not like she's been an innocent bystander for years; and her "Be Best" project is a joke that she's avoiding the punchline of, considering the obvious big picture. She's either dumb, corrupt, or some combination of the two.

I've also read that she came from nothing and he was her blatant ticket out. So I guess you could credit her some intelligence there.

But if Trump was younger, he'd be dropping her as soon as he found someone new. That's his pattern. Either she's too dumb to see that or she doesn't care because her financial future is now secure.

Or he literally has her afraid of leaving. Perhaps he holds the threats of financial ruin and loss of any custody over their kid over her head.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:rofl1:

Oh dear sweet Tellenbach... never change.

Or he literally has her afraid of leaving. Perhaps he holds the threats of financial ruin and loss of any custody over their kid over her head.

I think I wondered about that originally... and it can always be a rider on any other reasons she acts the way she does. But her other public appearances and comments seem to show real buy-in as well. There was a time before all this that I really liked Ivanka too... but that was a long long long time ago.

I think the only ones who can walk out of this right now without being eternally begrimed are Tiffany and Barron.