• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Impeachment Thread

Jaguar

You know there are other aspects of the economy beyond the narrow window of your expertise right?

I recall an idiotic ENTP once saying, "Jag would never be interested in that." Not only was I interested in the topic, it was one of my professions. For some reason you are starting to remind me of him.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I recall an idiotic ENTP once saying, "Jag would never be interested in that." Not only was I interested in the topic, it was one of my professions. For some reason you are starting to remind me of him.
Talking about the economy is at least on topic by a hair- but talking about how much of an idiot I am has abandoned the thread completely, so let's move on.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I never said you were an idiot. He was.
It would be nice to know at least the rough nature of your business for the sake of discussion here, but I'm not going to pry or hold it against you if you don't divulge. Your business success is something about you that I respect if you can't tell.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
they're all corrupt... this seems like a case of "when you point a finger, you have three pointing back at you"... unless they plan to wipe the slate and start fresh (kick the entire current batch of elected officials), what is the point (point, hah)? at least when trump fucks up it feels less planned and more accidental... when trump does something dumb, it looks like he had a random gut feeling and ran with it... sure, he is sort of a selfish asshole who is fully self absorbed (as far as i can tell)... who isn't these days? the core problems in my mind are the parties that select these people, and the voters that don't demand better alternatives... one thing i can say for trump: i don't think he is part of the established problem... he is a different animal... the democrats and republicans are fucking us from both ends, but people only seem upset about what is happening to "their half"... the problem isn't isolated... impeaching him is a poor decision, but not as bad as electing him... he is far better than hillary (as i always say when he comes up)...
I think this could be true of Trump, but consider - is it at all possible in a world where many brilliant, powerful, deeply invested people want to control the world, that someone like Trump actually has any real power over them? I think he is a distraction to get everyone worked up, calculated by greater, and more harmful, minds than his. He would be perfect to control and manipulate - he is the perfect puppet.

I don't think presidents have much power, but are figure-heads for much more brilliant, more powerful minds that are actually orchestrating current events. It is the people who control the money, the resources, who control the president and everyone else. The ones who finance the campaign in public and in the shadows have complete control over their puppets. This is true on every level of society, so why not the presidency where it counts for the most?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think this could be true of Trump, but consider - is it at all possible in a world where many brilliant, powerful, deeply invested people want to control the world, that someone like Trump actually has any real power over them? I think he is a distraction to get everyone worked up, calculated by greater, and more harmful, minds than his. He would be perfect to control and manipulate - he is the perfect puppet.

I don't think he's a deliberate distraction, but he may, perhaps, be used as a distraction now that he's gotten where he is. At any event, he seems to be highly susceptible to flattery and easily influenced, which is why it's good that someone like John Bolton is no longer in there.

Jaguar

It would be nice to know at least the rough nature of your business for the sake of discussion here, but I'm not going to pry or hold it against you if you don't divulge. Your business success is something about you that I respect if you can't tell.

I retired early - in my 40's. Now I live off my investments. That is all I have to say for now.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone one know if this means he *has to* testify under oath? I'm guessing not, since Trump can't manage to string two sentences together without lying (he opens his mouth on the stand, at all, and it's perjury) and McConnell has clearly stated his "trial" will be nothing of the sort and no supporter need lose any sleep over the possibility of it being taken seriously. I have trouble believing he'd be so cavalier if Trump had to testify. They'd all be shitting their f#cking pants if Trump had to speak under oath, right?

I'd have normally assumed it wouldn't be possible for a POTUS to avoid testifying at his own impeachment, but they've got to know perjury would be in the bag. Or maybe he'll get away with lying because McConnell et al will simply rule that it's the truth? We should create a pool of the most shitheaded things Moscow Mitch/GOP Senate can do to enable Trump during this "trial".

eta: Maybe they're banking on it being so word-salady that no one will be able to prove it's a lie?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Z7qVQOb.jpg

Impeachment is in the House tonight...

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
So solemn. So sad. So heavy of heart. So genuine.

Hang in there, House Democrats. Together, we will get through this. :cry:

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
So the president should have to do whatever congress alone decrees (convenient fantasy since that's the only branch democrats currently control), and if they don't want to do it the correct way by involving the judiciary branch, that's somehow Trumps fault.

nevermind. deleted post.