• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The problem with Trump using the "you don't make a political statement without knowing the facts" approach to criticisms made of his reaction to Charlottesville is that he has been making political statements without facts since he first decided to run for President. He's not demonstrated that he truly likes to have all available facts before making statements.

I agree with that statement but I don't think he was being honest when he made it. So fuck him for having a double standard.

And I'm not making this observation based on something CNN or NBC told me, as I rarely go to the major talking heads networks for news or punditry, this is an observation I've made from observing directly how he chooses to speak and engage with the public in speeches and rallies. In fact I can think of few current politicians who are more prone to making big political statements by either bending, ignoring or failing to check the available facts. He's a repeat offender when it comes to making political statements before knowing all of the facts.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I didn't see an answer to the one single question I asked - which I've asked twice now, because you didn't answer it the first time you responded to it either.

Why is it so difficult?

Don't you dare accuse Trump of gaslighting!

But Obama....gaslighting...spying.......whatever fucking word salad.....

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The problem with Trump using the "you don't make a political statement without knowing the facts" approach to criticisms made of his reaction to Charlottesville is that he has been making political statements without facts since he first decided to run for President. He's not demonstrated that he truly likes to have all available facts before making statements.

I agree with that statement but I don't think he was being honest when he made it. So fuck him for having a double standard.

And I'm not making this observation based on something CNN or NBC told me, as I rarely go to the major talking heads networks for news or punditry, this is an observation I've made from observing directly how he chooses to speak and engage with the public in speeches and rallies. In fact I can think of few current politicians who are more prone to making big political statements by either bending, ignoring or failing to check the available facts. He's a repeat offender when it comes to making political statements before knowing all of the facts.

Exactly. Trump speaks to the American people like they are scum on the bottom of a trash can in July. He is a unschooled and uninterested sack of shit. Due to what comes directly out of his mouth.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't see an answer to the one single question I asked - which I've asked twice now, because you didn't answer it the first time you responded to it either.

Why is it so difficult?

Ah, then you didn't read the post. I bolded my answer. Was it really so difficult?

To repeat myself

"Trump wants the success of America as a whole, for its citizens to have successful lives. All citizens, no matter their race, gender, religion, etc. are included in this desire for success. "

But I guess you didn't read that, even though it was bolded.

Did you also skip everything else, showing clearly that you believed an absolute falsehood about Trump, one that has been repeated by the media for 2 years?

It is nice to see demonstrated an inability to even address one's cognitive blindness and closemindedness.

Gabor Maté' son, Aaron Maté, a left wing journalist who has written for The Nation and the Intercept, has been excellent on Russian Hoax. I posted an interview he did with his father back in May regarding RussiaGate.

Just a few days ago, the Nation posted an good article by Stephen Cohen discussing the lack of Russia in RussiaGate: What We Still Do Not Know About Russiagate | The Nation

In any event, people who want to remain blinded will remain blinded. There are plenty of reasons to oppose Trump, but doing so because one has been manipulated to do so is by far the worst. It means the billionaires can continue to manipulate people and maintain their power.

Deprecator

By not explicitly excluding them, he included them as "fine people".

"I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally."

He waited too long to explicitly condemn white supremacy, and still hasn't done so with the gravity it deserves.
As the clips clearly demonstrate, Trump has repeatedly and under no uncertain terms disavowed white supremacy again and again for literally years now. But fair is fair; if for whatever reason you feel the clips below 'don't do it justice' or whatever, then by all means feel free to offer us some context and provide us with examples of how Clinton or Obama have been able to condemn these fringe groups the proper way.

rav3n

Trump’s trade war has killed 300,000 jobs

President Trump says he is “winning big time, against China.” But his trade war is causing measurable damage to the U.S. economy, with the pain likely to worsen.

Forecasting firm Moody’s Analytics estimates that Trump’s trade war with China has already reduced U.S. employment by 300,000 jobs, compared with likely employment levels absent the trade war. That’s a combination of jobs eliminated by firms struggling with tariffs and other elements of the trade war, and jobs that would have been created but haven’t because of reduced economic activity.

The firm’s chief economist, Mark Zandi, told Yahoo Finance that the job toll from the trade war will hit about 450,000 by the end of the year, if there’s no change in policy. By the end of 2020, the trade war will have killed 900,000 jobs, on its current course. The hardest-hit sectors are manufacturing, warehousing, distribution and retail.

Other data back up the Moody’s Analytics numbers. Employers have created 1.3 million jobs so far this year, down from 1.9 million during the same period in 2018. The manufacturing sector has actually contracted, with many producers struggling with higher prices caused by Trump’s tariffs. Business investment is growing by the smallest amount since late 2016.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Do you understand why? It forces people to not import goods from places like china, and to buy locally instead. This is a very long term strategy, and its pointless to judge a war by a single battle. The jobs lost, are ones revolving around importing and selling Chinese products etc. It's called a trade war, because the goal is to stop as much business with China as possible, and to increase local business. Which has happened. The issue is that these variables are difficult to measure accurately. While we may lose lots of foreign orientated jobs, we gain local jobs. You don't need exponential growth, to have a healthier economy.

rav3n

Do you understand why? It forces people to not import goods from places like china, and to buy locally instead. This is a very long term strategy, and its pointless to judge a war by a single battle. The jobs lost, are ones revolving around importing and selling Chinese products etc. It's called a trade war, because the goal is to stop as much business with China as possible, and to increase local business. Which has happened. The issue is that these variables are difficult to measure accurately. While we may lose lots of foreign orientated jobs, we gain local jobs. You don't need exponential growth, to have a healthier economy.
Evidently, racking up a trillion dollars in debt with a downward trending job market would be the way to go.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Evidently, racking up a trillion dollars in debt with a downward trending job market would be the way to go.

The "debt" itself isn't as big of a problem as you think it is. Its essentially economic flexibility. Similar to how you can use a credit card to pay a bill before payday.

rav3n

The "debt" itself isn't as big of a problem as you think it is. Its essentially economic flexibility. Similar to how you can use a credit card to pay a bill before payday.
Are you aware of the economic calculation of public debt expressed as a percentage of GDP? This is one of the formulas used to calculate solvency of a country. I think you should take an economics course before attempting to discuss economics, especially in global terms.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you aware of the economic calculation of public debt expressed as a percentage of GDP? This is one of the formulas used to calculate solvency of a country. I think you should take an economics course before attempting to discuss economics, especially in global terms.

You should clarify, are we discussing the national debt, or public debt? I am referring to the national debt.

Also, who cares about Global economics. I'm not a Globalist. I only care about American economics. I don't care if US policies negatively affect other countries, but benefits USA. Its not my responsibility.

rav3n

You should clarify, are we discussing the national debt, or public debt? I am referring to the national debt.
Public debt.

You should also understand that Trump's 'policies' include this calculation so by his own metrics, the U.S. is failing.

Also, who cares about Global economics. I'm not a Globalist. I only care about American economics. I don't care if US policies negatively affect other countries, but benefits USA. Its not my responsibility.
This is a fail since it's all interwoven.

Nicodemus

You live in a fairy tale. The world economy is massively interconnected and dependent on multi-national supply chains, and no national economy is more intertwined with it more than the US. There are Chinese products in your apartment that you don't even know about. Your interpretation of Trump's strategy, if it were a strategy instead of the series of clueless ad-hoc decisions it actually is, would turn the US into North Korea while the rest of the world moves on. Fortunately for you, that is not going to happen, no matter how badly Trump wants to pretend he won a war.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

:fpalm: No words....

Lark

Question for Highlander, as the OP, and everyone else really, do you think there should be health and psychological qualifications to holding, or running for, public office?

Lark

You live in a fairy tale. The world economy is massively interconnected and dependent on multi-national supply chains, and no national economy is more intertwined with it more than the US. There are Chinese products in your apartment that you don't even know about. Your interpretation of Trump's strategy, if it were a strategy instead of the series of clueless ad-hoc decisions it actually is, would turn the US into North Korea while the rest of the world moves on. Fortunately for you, that is not going to happen, no matter how badly Trump wants to pretend he won a war.

Its not an uncommon view they are expressing though, that ignorance to do with the interconnectedness of the supply lines.

Trumps policies were massively popular with a lot of the Gamer Gate community until they discovered that it was putting the supply of X Boxes and Playstations in jeopardy and the games, at first there was a lot of denial about it too and nonsense talk that "we'll just assemble/build them at home" but the issue was that key minerals used in the circuit board were being extracted by Chinese and Russian firms.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Question for Highlander, as the OP, and everyone else really, do you think there should be health and psychological qualifications to holding, or running for, public office?

We require this sort of screening and criteria for many government and military positions, so I don't see why we shouldn't do the same for something as important as President or Legislator, especially considering the President's role as commander of the military, or for that matter, the fact that many legislators see a lot of sensitive, top secret intelligence when serving on certain committees.

Lark

You're not a globalist? What's a globalist to you?

Do you imagine that Wallerstein's World Systems theory is going to make a come back and prove more relevant than Globalism?

Did the Transnational Capitalist Class disappear?

There's a whole big world outside the trailer park.