• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Submitted for your consideration...

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Few things are as heinious as conversion therapy.
Growing up I lived in fear of having to endure it. Life in my environment was enough like it informally.​

The Cat

Staff member
State sanctioned kidnapping.
This is genocide.
Ignore and deny it to your own peril.​

The Cat

Staff member
Submitted for your consideration...past tense in the lens of potential futures...In the year 2023...2024 looms on the horizon...What shall the future hold?

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
There's a hole in the bottom of the sea...
There's a hole in the bottom of the sea...
There's a hole.
There's a hole.
There's a hole in the bottom of the sea.
There's tectonic lubrication fluid leaking out of the hole in the bottom of the sea.
There's tectonic lubrication fluid leaking out of the hole in the bottom of the sea.

The Cat

Staff member
Right now it's science fiction, much like cell phones used to be.​

The Cat

Staff member

How can I watch it?​

The town hall will stream live without requiring a cable log-in, on CNN.com’s homepage and across mobile devices via CNN’s apps for iOS and Android, on CNN OTT and mobile apps under “TV Channels,” or CNNgo where available. The town hall will also be available On Demand beginning Thursday, May 11, to pay TV subscribers via CNN.com, the CNN OTT app, and Cable Operator Platforms.

wow, stay classy cnn, because people deserve the news, but only if they can afford to pay for it. Welcome to your dystopia. Now with less neon >_<

Last edited:

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I don't really understand all the blow back CNN is getting for airing Trump. IMO, one can never have too much information, simply ignoring Trump is not going to make him go away. And since he is not going away, ignoring what he is really about is dangerous. He is not just another Republican candidate (like a Bush or a Reagan), Trump is his own unique animal, and potentially very destabilizing to the whole democratic system.

I was surprised at how pro Trump the audience was. I realize they were Republican, but I did not think of New Hampshire as MAGA country. I would have figured a random sample of New Hampshire Republicans would have represented 'main stream' Republicans (maybe somewhat skewed to pro Trump due to him being the main attraction). But they acted like true MAGA believers. Maybe I am just uninformed about New Hampshire political culture, but if that crowd was main stream Republican, yikes.

I also strongly disagree with Duck about his comment that CNN is making a mistake by trying to lean right a little bit. They need to, in fact all the mainstream media networks are so biased (either left or right) that the unbalanced coverage is a serious contributor to the polarization of public opinion. Media outlets have generally abandoned any pretense of 'fair and balanced' coverage in a desperate quest to gain eyeballs with social media stealing their audiences (social media being a whole other problem unto itself). So I applaud CNN for attempting some balance, even though it will probably cost them viewers (i.e. right wingers aren't leaving FOX, but left wingers might leave CNN if they don't get sufficient levels of confirmation bias). If only all the networks would do likewise. People might get some real information instead of endless opinions/editorials (all tilted the 'prescribed' direction depending on the target audience) masquerading as news.

So I think people should watch this just so they can see what Trump is all about. He's pretty much who he always is, but since he has been out of the spotlight somewhat, it's informative to know he has not moderated any of his opinions, which one might expect him to do to gain more mainstream appeal. I only noticed him being careful about the abortion issue. You can tell Trump wants to go full anti-abortion to appeal to his MAGA base, but he hedges his comments somewhat as he knows this would alienate a lot of potential voters.

The Cat

Staff member
In my observation they're getting blowback for soft balling a fascist and being simply surprised that fascists are gonna fasc. Its essentially the plot of Grizzly man but with cnn thinking they could count on a bear to not be a bear then being seemingly surprised when the bear does what it was always going to do. I dont think as many leftists think cnn represents the left in any real way the whole centrist angle seems more like a fishhook in practice, so while I agree with the importance of knowing what exactly Peter Vollmer is, I'm less inclined to think any one source is gonna be all or even most of the sauce of all the ins and outs, but then it went exactly like everyone knew it would the only people seemingly surprised...were the fine politeish folks at cnn. It's show biz, it puts butts in seats and fills audience for the commercial sponsors to offer hope while the talking heads offer only confusion surprise and soft worded fear. news is a rabbit hole and that's funny for a whole other thing, but I digress. But then I enjoy a bit of caberettheres so little thats actually in trump that he's easy to project whatever you need into him and he'll fit that for a while, but never forget favors are for you to do for him.