• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Start with why (Find your why exercises)

ygolo

My termites win
So, I am in the last stretch finally of my PhD, and recovered enough from my strokes to at least start full time job hunting. Will probably go on a writing frenzy soon.

Last time, I job-switched, I used a book called What color is your parachute? I may come back to it, since it did certainly help, so many years ago.

However, I think this time, I will simply Start with Why. To begin that I want to go through the Find your why exercises.

I got the book, and plan to go through the exercises. However, the book advocates for a partner--someone who knows me well but not too well; Someone who won't impose their own biases on me (in this case, also no type based biases either). I need someone who can listen and elicit without skewing the process. I can try to be that someone for the partner too. I think there are a lot of people on the forum who fit that description. Before becoming a partner, watch this: https://simonsinek.com/discover/how-great-leaders-inspire-action/

DM me if you potentially want to be my partner. The time commitment is about 6 hours total in session, I believe. If you want to find your why also, you will need to do pre-work for session. If I get no takers, or nobody who works out, I think I will read Finding your element instead.

If you want to try to set-up your own partnerships, I guess this is a thread to organize it. Post your similar requests here, I guess.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Congratulations on your recovery! It's wonderful you are feeling well enough to take on both your PhD and looking for a new full time job. You've got a lot to be proud of there.