• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Should ENFPs Just Focus On Doing One Thing At A Time? (VIDEO)

Oberon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
*NT*
No one should do one thing, or be solely focused on one thing, unless that is how they are built.

Let me explain - an urge to "do something" is real. The urge is as real as a truck. Suppress the urge, regardless of type, and you will delay it's gratification, but repress the urge and it will manifest in a self-destructive fashion (we cannot escape who we are even if that means incubation in the name of delayed achievement). Be clear here - I mean urge to pursue something like a hobby, not urges in the sense of visceral or sensual delights.

Like Robert Bly said, "what does it mean when a man falls in love with a radiant face across the room? It may mean that he has some soul work to do. His soul is the issue. Instead of pursuing the woman and trying to get her alone, away from her husband, he needs to go alone himself, perhaps to a mountain cabin, for three months, write poetry, canoe down a river, and dream. That would save some women a lot of trouble.”

Men, women, all of us, fall in love with another's wife. That wife is success. We seek her instead of ourselves. We cut ourselves unconsciously into parts like Osiris, and scatter ourselves across the sands of egypt. Later, Isis, mystery, teaches us to become whole again, if we we heed the call only.

There is no answer...we will unravel and ravel continuously, but yes, you should deepen your personality both vertically and horizontally. If you do not, Jung believed things like WW2 happen. It is for us to fight the battle to regain our souls or humanity is lost. We cannot win the spirit if we cannot win or master something much more ever-present like our selves.

We have many shadows. There is more than one Sun and more than one plane of action. I may have a shadow, like a boxer, in this world, and in another, my shadow, in the same spot as the one in this world, is a painter. I may have other shadows too, like a mad-scientist, or architect, dancer, perhaps even a sly thief....all these are different things to pursue. If I do not pursue these shadows, they will pursue me...or yours will chase you.

Progress is non-linear because we are eternal creatures in transient bodies. Reach in to the g-force and pull out success by growing your humanity. Do not look to people like Elon Musk or Joe Rogan for a way. Look to them to find your way, as you are already doing. I am just writing what you already know. You knew this..but I didn't realize it until now.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hello fellow ENFPs. Many of the advice that people will often tell you is you need to stop being scattered doing so many things at one time and focus on just one thing, get really good at it and everything will work itself out. Is there truth to this advice and does it apply to ENFPs? I do think working on one thing at a time with singular focus is the best way to achieve mastery on your area of focus. There's just one problem...this isn't how ENFPs are wired to function. I'm completely against doing something that isn't natural because it can't be sustained over a long period of time. And ENFPs focusing one just one thing at a time for the rest of their life is as unnatural and unsustainable as it gets. Check out this latest video on what I think ENFPs should do instead to achieve mastery on their area of focus over a long period of time. I believe this is the more sustainable way for ENFPs to achieve their goals and achieve mastery.

I found this helpful in understanding how I approach performing a task...