• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sequels as good or better than the original films

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A Very Mad Max Christmas

Mad Max Scared Stupid

Mad Max and Costello Meet Frankenstein

Mad Max and Ted's Bogus Journey

How Mad Max Got His Groove Back

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I knew the bit about Immortan Joe. I think I had recognized the deal about Bruce Spence even if I didn't see The Road Warrior in full (I'm pretty sure I caught bits of it on network TV years ago). He played the Trainman in The Matrix Revolutions too. He gets around, he's got that tall gangly look. I just looked him up on IMDB and see he was an alien in Dark City and even the Mouth of Sauron in the extended edition of LotR.

Plus he was the leader of the Utapauns in Revenge of the Sith.

He could have played aussie Abe Lincoln.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
A Very Mad Max Christmas

Mad Max Scared Stupid

Mad Max and Costello Meet Frankenstein

Mad Max and Ted's Bogus Journey

How Mad Max Got His Groove Back

Mad Max Knows What You Did Last Summer

Mad Max's Bloody Valentine.

Mad Max and Ms. Hyde.

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Max...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mad Max vs Jason vs Freddie vs Ash vs Alien vs Predator vs Kramer vs Godzilla

spoiler: Godzilla just steps on everyone else

The Cat

Staff member

But MAd MAx is like the Honey Badger. Godzilla doesnt stand a baby's chance in a dingo.

Damn it you already mentioned Aliens, MM2: The Road Warrior, The Empire Strikes Back.

Fury Road is not superior to The Road Warrior, it’s simply flashier but a barely speaking Tom Hardy cannot out express a barely speaking Mel Gibson. Say what you will about Mel, he is Max Rockatansky.

Fight me.

The Cat

Staff member
Damn it you already mentioned Aliens, MM2: The Road Warrior, The Empire Strikes Back.

Fury Road is not superior to The Road Warrior, it’s simply flashier but a barely speaking Tom Hardy cannot out express a barely speaking Mel Gibson. Say what you will about Mel, he is Max Rockatansky.

Fight me.

That's his last name?!? No wonder he's all mad.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Fight me.

I think it's superior to the original Mad Max, but not to The Road Warrior. But to be fair, Gibson barely speaks in Road Warrior either. Hardy could've enunciated a bit better. had a hard time understanding him.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What a ripoff, that was the same ending as Godzillza vs Bambi.

I think it's superior to the original Mad Max, but not to The Road Warrior. But to be fair, Gibson barely speaks in Road Warrior either. Hardy could've enunciated a bit better. had a hard time understanding him.

That’s my point. He (Mel) has 16 lines of dialogue in The Road Warrior but conveys a lot of Max’s internal musings through facial expression and body language.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That’s my point. He (Mel) has 16 lines of dialogue in The Road Warrior but conveys a lot of Max’s internal musings through facial expression and body language.

You know, I don't entirely understand the appeal of Tom Hardy. He's good, but he's not Laurence Olivier or Robert DeNiro great. I think he gets a lot of acclaim because he chooses good, edgy roles like Bronson (the film, not the badass actor).

I'm not saying Gibson is Olivier or DeNiro level, but I would agree he did a better job than Hardy with the subtle facial expressions, like the brief glimmer of a smile when he finds the child's music box, or at the end when he shares a moment with the gyro captain.

The Cat

Staff member

That was my favorite thing about that movie. It really put an interest in me of the mostly silent protagonist. Here was a man who'd gotten so used to being alone; the idea of talking had become a back up form of communication. Kind of reminds me of Robert Nevill in the book of I am Legend.

The Cat

Staff member
i would be all over that shit...

I know right? Dark City is probably my favorite movie along side Miller's Crossing. But oh man can you imagine how good a series would be? It could even be a reboot to a certain extent. Like it wouldnt even have to feature John Murdoch, or at least not the John Murdoch we see in the film. It could be so good either way.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know right? Dark City is probably my favorite movie along side Miller's Crossing. But oh man can you imagine how good a series would be? It could even be a reboot to a certain extent. Like it wouldnt even have to feature John Murdoch, or at least not the John Murdoch we see in the film. It could be so good either way.

Well, you could do a lot of stuff with it. You could do what happens after the shift. Or you could just set it during the long experiment when the pale people are still basically in charge.

"Poor, poor Mr. Quick..."

The Cat

Staff member
Well, you could do a lot of stuff with it. You could do what happens after the shift. Or you could just set it during the long experiment when the pale people are still basically in charge.

"Poor, poor Mr. Quick..."

It's such a great aesthetic and a fantastic setting, such a cosmically horrifying concept. I love the idea of every few episodes they misx up the characters minds, @_@

That was my favorite thing about that movie. It really put an interest in me of the mostly silent protagonist. Here was a man who'd gotten so used to being alone; the idea of talking had become a back up form of communication. Kind of reminds me of Robert Nevill in the book of I am Legend.

Yes exactly. Max had shut down before the rest of the world did. His best friend was Dog, also a character of few words.

The loneliness experienced by Neville in the book I Am Legend could never be properly conveyed in The Last Man on Earth, The Omega Man, or the 2007 movie adaptation. Only the written word allowed the audience to fully experience the torture of his isolation. It’s a brilliant story.