• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seeking Opinions On Revised Questions For Personality Test

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm planning to make some changes to the personality test on the home page and was seeking input on this. An exploratory data analysis of results over the last three years has led me to the conclusion that some questions haven't worked as well as others. The following are my thoughts on changes. These questions are all targeted at identifying preferred cognitive processes. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions! I have realized through this that I understand the functions I use much better than those that I don't.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

T/F Changes

Fe – Questions to Remove (2)

1. I easily discern others’ needs, values or preferences
18. I decide what course of action is most amenable to the intended goal while accomodating the most people

Questions to Add (pick 2)
- I enjoy validating, affirming and relating with others
- To establish and build relationships with others, I take actions to help meet their needs
- I know what the appropriate behavior is in a situation and act accordingly

Ti – Questions to Remove (1)

1. I ask whether or not the thinking is right

Questions to Add (Pick one of 2)

- I want to understand the underlying model of how things work at a deep level
- I name categories, define models, and seek to understand how things work at a deep level

Fi – Questions to Remove (1)

13. If I feel strongly about something, I don’t have a problem confronting others

Questions to Add

- I maintain internal harmony by adhering with deeply held personal values

N/S Changes

Ne - Questions to Remove (4)

6. I keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting myself to one
7. I am constantly generating new ideas and creative ways of doing things
16. I grasp what is going on behind the scenes or under the surface
19. I consider possibilities that I may or may not act on

Questions to Add

- I consider possibilities that are amusing and interesting to myself and others and that I want to envision in greater detail
- I enjoy enabling others to understand and benefit from possibilities that I envision
- I take existing ideas and look for ways to link them together in new and interesting ways
- I notice incongruities and become aware of alternatives or possibilities that can lead to change

Se – Questions to Remove (2)

15. I enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment
16. I don’t just live in the present moment. I’m part of it

Questions to Add

- I gravitate towards hands-on encounters where I can engage in and experience things
- I notice and trust the information provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, touch, taste and smell

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I am not quite sure if I can even give proper info since I already know that each function here isn't actual cognition and that Fe, Ti, etc.. are not functions, but rather types. The functions are N, S, T and F only. I think you already read that from me so...So you could think to draw the test or draw a second test in more actual Jung terms...

Regardless, I will bold my 2 cents.

I'm planning to make some changes to the personality test on the home page and was seeking input on this. An exploratory data analysis of results over the last three years has led me to the conclusion that some questions haven't worked as well as others. The following are my thoughts on changes. These questions are all targeted at identifying preferred cognitive processes. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions! I have realized through this that I understand the functions I use much better than those that I don't.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

T/F Changes

18. I decide what course of action is most amenable to the intended goal while accomodating the most people

- To establish and build relationships with others, I take actions to help meet their needs [this one is way more Agreeableness than Fe...]

- I name categories, define models, and seek to understand how things work at a deep level

Fi – Questions to Remove (1)

13. If I feel strongly about something, I don’t have a problem confronting others

Questions to Add

- I maintain internal harmony by adhering with deeply held personal values

N/S Changes

Ne - Questions to Remove (4)

6. I keep following tangents and new ideas without limiting myself to one
7. I am constantly generating new ideas and creative ways of doing things
16. I grasp what is going on behind the scenes or under the surface [isn't this Ni?]
19. I consider possibilities that I may or may not act on

Questions to Add

- I consider possibilities that are amusing and interesting to myself and others and that I want to envision in greater detail
- I enjoy enabling others to understand and benefit from possibilities that I envision
- I take existing ideas and look for ways to link them together in new and interesting ways
- I notice incongruities and become aware of alternatives or possibilities that can lead to change

Se – Questions to Remove (2)

15. I enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment
16. I don’t just live in the present moment. I’m part of it

Questions to Add

- I gravitate towards hands-on encounters where I can engage in and experience things
- I notice and trust the information provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, touch, taste and smell

Jai

Enneagram
V
T/F Changes

- To establish and build relationships with others, I take actions to help meet their needs

I'm not so sure on these two being tightly linked to Ne honestly, since the latter seems too oriented to using ideas in service of something and the former is too general. Better alternatives may include questions along the lines of former questions 6 and 7 (a desire to engage with all the possibilities a situation has to offer and a proneness to boredom when options feel limited). Off the top of my head something like 'I quickly latch onto opportunities to explore the full potential an idea holds' alludes to what I mean.