• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Read Your Bible Through in a Year with Aphrodite

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was inspired by my pastor to do this yesterday at church. I plan to keep up with this daily. I was given a lovely NKJV (New King James Version) Bible by a friend and in the back of it they have broken day the Bible into morning and evening readings so that in a year, you will have read (or re-read) the whole Bible.

I am planning to start tomorrow, Dec 1st. And I was hoping some of you might want to join me.

I plan to post the next day's verse here the day prior in case I cannot get up early enough to do it, or if I have to work.

20151201_073707.jpg

Dec 1st am and pm readings:

2 Peter 3

Ezekiel 40/41

Thanks for joining me! May God be praised and glorified~

Last edited:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I recently finished it- Started at Matthew through Malachi.
Now I'm reading it Chronologically Matthew through Malachi.
Keep it up!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does it have to be King James?

My copy is the Oxford Annotated.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does it have to be King James?

My copy is the Oxford Annotated.

Oh no, not at all! I'm just sharing that this is the version I usually use.

So excited I have some takers on this journey with me!

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was inspired by my pastor to do this yesterday at church. I plan to keep up with this daily. I was given a lovely NKJV (New King James Version) Bible by a friend and in the back of it they have broken day the Bible into morning and evening readings so that in a year, you will have read (or re-read) the whole Bible.

I am planning to start tomorrow, Dec 1st. And I was hoping some of you might want to join me.

I plan to post the next day's verse here the day prior in case I cannot get up early enough to do it, or if I have to work.

This is a great way to make piecemeal of an enormous text.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I admire your dedication. I'd like to join you on this, but I fear that I'll never get around to it, what with all the activities I do in my spare time (blogging, napping, internet). Ah, sigh...maybe. To be honest, I have been a bit skeptical of the Bible for a while.

On a random note, I use the NLT. It's the best version I've read so far.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, that is okay. Thank you for stopping by anyway.

I know you do seem busy. I hope you enjoy the forum!

What makes you skeptical of the Bible, if you don't mind my asking?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Y U NO love for the Quran?

I am very happy with the Bible, so I have no need for the Quran. I have tried to study it a bit, but it just seemed like it was copying the Bible to me. :unsure:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Dec 1st am and pm readings:

2 Peter 3

Ezekiel 40/41

Thanks for joining me! May God be praised and glorified~
Is there any rationale or organization to which verses are selected for each day, or is it random? Some years ago I went through the Bible over the course of a year with a study group, but we started at the beginning, and just kept going, one book or chapter after another.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recently finished it- Started at Matthew through Malachi.
Now I'm reading it Chronologically Matthew through Malachi.
Keep it up!

Confused, as Matthew was after Malachi.

Boredom warning: beware of Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and some of the chronologies (I think in 1&2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Chronicles, 1 & 2 Kings).

On the other hand, some of the O.T. tends to be...gory.

Beorn

Permabanned
Is there any rationale or organization to which verses are selected for each day, or is it random? Some years ago I went through the Bible over the course of a year with a study group, but we started at the beginning, and just kept going, one book or chapter after another.

That's impressive.

The rationale is that it becomes pretty tough to stick to it when you're in the 15th chapter of Leviticus and have 17 more chapters.

Of course the problem is it's not as easy to see the book as a whole and read it in context. I can check, but perhaps the best way to do it is in larger clumps of chapters to get the best of both worlds. In that way we could get through a few whole books each month.

Beorn

Permabanned
I decided to start my own thread because I have my own ideas about things.
People are welcome to join the other thread or hang with AGA or do both!

Ingrid in grids

I'll tag along.

I've actually never read the bible, save for a few passages I was made to read aloud in school. They gave me a bible as a departure gift too, which I haven't bothered to touch since graduation... :unsure:

Y U NO love for the Quran?

Yes, if there are knowledgable people who are willing to make similar threads on other religious texts, I'd be interested in following them also.

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As long as you read four chapters a day, the whole Bible will be read through in a year. Just keeping records of which four you read is all you need to do... :)

It's helpful to read Leviticus in conjunction with Hebrews, I think. :)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It is laid out in my Bible, so I figured I would use it. That way I know I am getting it all in.

I have tried starting from the beginning and reading through, but I end up getting off track. I am hoping with this framework, I can stay on track better.