• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One last post for the day, I think. I was considering saving this one for tomorrow. But, I'll leave this now. Mercy is for the weak. :devil:

What's wrong with nerds? I think for most of my life all I really wanted was to be left alone and allowed to be myself without being harrassed by others simply because they have nothing better to do. I guess as I grew older I started to want a girlfriend who "speaks the same language as me" so to speak. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I suppose there are all different kinds of moral inclinations and there can definitely be shitty nerds, but at least some of us actually want to help humanity. It's not like the non-nerds have done a great job.

George W. Bush mistakenly refers to Iraq instead of Ukraine when addressing "unjustified" invasion

I remember Al Gore was very much the "nerd" in the 2000 election. Bush was the "cool guy" people wanted to have a beer with. Thank God we didn't get the nerd.

Disco's post is what Republican "personal responsibility" actually looks like. His theory of how things should be run was spelled in his signature the whole time.

By the way, sending your old pal over to create a dupe and fuck with my head by impersonating my crush was a stupid, stupid move.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's true that I'm not a guy who has plans... a dog chasing cars who wouldn't know what to do if he caught one.

But I don't have to know what to do. I can leave that to someone who does know what to do. My job is just to catch them.

:devil:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Redistricting looks a lot more favorable for Democrats than anticipated.

However, a lot of seats are up in the air. Republicans have to win less seats to get control of the house.

But, these midterms are still very much in play, despite what you might here.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Redistricting looks a lot more favorable for Democrats than anticipated.

However, a lot of seats are up in the air. Republicans have to win less seats to get control of the house.

But, these midterms are still very much in play, despite what you might here.

That by large margin depends on primaries. If you picked the right people you kinda rigged the elections with that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that happened in Pennsylvania.

I haven't been following the news enough lately to know about other states. I tend to not follow the news because it gets me too bothered. Often I feel I find out what I need to know by the company I keep.

I like some political podcasts, but I don't listen to them all that much because they get me too worked up. Lately they have been injecting a note of hope though, so that is nice.

I'm interested in Pennsylvania because I'm from there, much like Totenkindly. We're from very different parts of the state though.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In response to both climate change and the high gas prices (twice as high as prices in the US) the German government has decided to offer a 9-Euro-ticket (about 10 dollars) for public transport for each of the months June, July and August. So during the summer anybody will be able to travel across the entire nation (in regional trains and busses, not long distance express trains) for 10 Dollars per month. It's near-free public transport all summer.

Ticket sales started today.

Pretty much the first reaction in the media was "OMG the prolls will be storming the island of Sylt!:shocking:" (Sylt is where rich people vacation)

For myself it will mean that visiting my Mum with the kids will become cheaper (she lives 2 hours by train away and it's usually a bit over 60 euros total there and back).

It's great for weekend excursions/city trips and people living in the outskirts and working downtown. It isn't all that helpful in rural areas where train stations closed down over the last few decades and busses or subways only pass every few hours rather than every few minutes like they do in cities.

Here's the current railway network:
Netzkarte-by-DB-Systel.png

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that happened in Pennsylvania.

I haven't been following the news enough lately to know about other states. I tend to not follow the news because it gets me too bothered. Often I feel I find out what I need to know by the company I keep.

I like some political podcasts, but I don't listen to them all that much because they get me too worked up. Lately they have been injecting a note of hope though, so that is nice.

I'm interested in Pennsylvania because I'm from there, much like Totenkindly. We're from very different parts of the state though.

Yes, from what I saw that happened in PA.
Plus from what I saw the more awkward part is that the team red is doing a civil war among themselves there. Since the results of key primary race was very very close. So PA is quite winnable for team blue. Since once strong candidate usually pulls less known faces down the ballot with them. That is how it works in other countries as well, if you have a strong icon you can boost all of your races with it.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landside,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see...

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Countries with more (orange) or fewer (blue) inhabitants than there are private gun-owners in the US.
281966492_3056835337866532_755306694823636500_n.png

In case anyone is wondering about the small orange spot at the Baltic sea - that's Kaliningrad, politically part of Russia.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

There's something happenin' here
what it is ain't exactly clear
there's a man with a gun over there
tellin' me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children
what's that sound
everybody look what's goin' down

there's battle lines being drawn
nobody's right if everybody's wrong
young people speakin' there minds
getting so much resistance from behind