• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How the hell am I going to buy a house in a state run by losers? To think politics and pandemics are now part of the picture is insane.

You don't understand my psychology or motivations enough to be good at this. I recommend you stop trying.

We don't have to be in 100% agreement; it's ok! Believe it or not, I don't consider you my mortal enemy.

Jaguar

You don't understand my psychology or motivations enough to be good at this. I recommend you stop trying.

We don't have to be in 100% agreement; it's ok! Believe it or not, I don't consider you my mortal enemy.

What are 3 symptoms of schizophrenia?

Symptoms may include:

Delusions. These are false beliefs that are not based in reality.
Hallucinations. These usually involve seeing or hearing things that don't exist.
Disorganized thinking (speech).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What are 3 symptoms of schizophrenia?

Symptoms may include:

Delusions. These are false beliefs that are not based in reality.
Hallucinations. These usually involve seeing or hearing things that don't exist.
Disorganized thinking (speech).

Why were you posting about finding a house in a politics thread?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Believe it or not, wanting to get "free stuff" had very little to do with it.

Yeah, so tired of hearing that. First it was from all the republicans for Trump but now we're hearing it from moderate dems. It's one big strawman.

No, I care about a host of issues that moderate dems will, at best, give lip service to. Oh look, Biden has a diverse cabinet, so let's forget about scrutinizing the administration's policy plans. I recall what Nina Turner said when Kamala was named VP candidate...good for racial justice, also good for Wall Street.

It's like that meme about how democrats' diverse, LGBTQ friendly administrations will bomb countries with rainbow flag fighter planes. At least they're doing sensitive, egalitarian bombing?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah, so tired of hearing that. First it was from all the republicans for Trump but now we're hearing it from moderate dems. It's one big strawman.

No, I care about a host of issues that moderate dems will, at best, give lip service to. Oh look, Biden has a diverse cabinet, so let's forget about scrutinizing the administration's policy plans. I recall what Nina Turner said when Kamala was named VP candidate...good for racial justice, also good for Wall Street.

It's like that meme about how democrats' diverse, LGBTQ friendly administrations will bomb countries with rainbow flag fighter planes. At least they're doing sensitive, egalitarian bombing?

Republicans: We don't care if you die.
Democrats: We don't care if you die. she/her/hers

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, I mean my preferred pronoun was used in my obituary and recognized by the state when I died so it's all good.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Really weird how the fact that there are 27 states in which you can be kicked out of your apartment for being LGBT+ is never ever part of the discussion about self-censorship and cancel-culture hmmm...

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really weird how the fact that there are 27 states in which you can be kicked out of your apartment for being LGBT+ is never ever part of the discussion about self-censorship and cancel-culture hmmm...

I tihnk cancel culture exists on both spectrums and is just as damaging on either spectrum. When I think of cancel culture, I think of the twitter psychos pulling up a tweet from a 15 year old making a dumb teenager joke and telling them they're horrid racist people for the res tof their lives and demanding they be fired from everything they do.

I would find it equally appalling for some grown ass adult to go pull up someone's coming out video and telling them they're horrible gay people for the rest of their lives and demanding they be fired from everything they do.

Jaguar

Anti-Asian violence. Really? Look assholes, they built the railroads while you lazy fuckers refused to work. Piss off, jagoffs.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The garden is the country, and the monster is the GOP throughout the years.

Except we can't just shrink them by telling them they're awesome.

Last edited:

Lark

I'm not sure its so much a case of "we dont care" as it is "we would prefer that you die" these days.

I dont know how the career politicians in most of the english speaking world cant be considered to be acting as the nobilities and aristocracies they once replaced did.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure its so much a case of "we dont care" as it is "we would prefer that you die" these days.

I dont know how the career politicians in most of the english speaking world cant be considered to be acting as the nobilities and aristocracies they once replaced did.

They definitely are. But at least the norms are back!

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I saw an interesting article discussing how AOC's comments about Scandinavia's wage is good in thought but will only work if they implement the other things involved with it. In this case, yes they get paid a salary chosen and debated upon of $22 an hour, of which about $11 goes directly to taxes, but the government also uses these taxes to give resources like gas and etc and fund all the social programs involved. It was kind of interesting to read how these more truly liberal countries work rather than just hearing someone scream America sucks and we should be Denmark. With all the offerings and aids from the government, they stress less about security and means and have time to enjoy life more with the money they do have...

Maybe capitalism actually doesn't work.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I saw an interesting article discussing how AOC's comments about Scandinavia's wage is good in thought but will only work if they implement the other things involved with it. In this case, yes they get paid a salary chosen and debated upon of $22 an hour, of which about $11 goes directly to taxes, but the government also uses these taxes to give resources like gas and etc and fund all the social programs involved. It was kind of interesting to read how these more truly liberal countries work rather than just hearing someone scream America sucks and we should be Denmark. With all the offerings and aids from the government, they stress less about security and means and have time to enjoy life more with the money they do have...

I get how the ranting about America sucking can be annoying and it used to bother me, too, but these temper tantrums about Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potatohead kind of just made me snap. "We're going to reopen 100% and the virus is an imaginary problem, but genders of plastic potatoes for babies are something we should be very much concerned with."

Also, none of the people who regard the virus as nothing more than an excuse to take away our freedoms cared about Border Patrol rounding up American citizens in Oregon (which doesn't share a border with any other country; border patrol should not even be there AT ALL). Any "libertarian" who doesn't care about that is full of shit and not worth taking seriously.

It's just me venting, really.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

And I never really understood why people in US think that what is going on in Scandinavia isn't Capitalism. Like only US version of it is the real one and the term should refer just to that.