• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

Jaguar

Six Dr. Seuss books would no longer be published by the company that owns them because they "portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong."

Publish nothing. Stop. Someone will be offended. Close all restaurants, too. The color of the food on the plate could be too light or too dark.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Six Dr. Seuss books would no longer be published by the company that owns them because they "portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong."

Publish nothing. Stop. Someone will be offended. Close all restaurants, too. The color of the food on the plate could be too light or too dark.

I don't care if they do this or not, but pass a damn $15 minimum wage. Democrats should treat it at least as importantly as they treat Neera Tanden getting a job (who already has one as far as I know).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's amazing how capitalist apologists take the company (who actually made the decision on the toy) out of the equation entirely and place 100% of the responsibility on "anti-capitalist's" lol.

Maybe they think evil antifascists stormed the company headquarters and forced them to do this. The company was trying to protect freedom for potatoes to express the masculine gender, but the antifascist thugs tied their hands.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One has nothing to do with the other.

I suppose it's easier to talk about Dr. Seuss, rather than making it obvious that the Democratic party as a whole doesn't have the will to actually raise the minimum wage.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potato Head.

Everyone's a giant baby.

Please kill me.

4724.jpg

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They didn't even get rid of Mr and Mrs Potato Heads' genders, not sure why people are overreacting over a slight branding change, as if branding changes for long running products aren't a common practice in advertising.. Is this what happens in the age of Biden, bullshit non-stories cluttering up the public conversation?

Meanwhile we're still engaged in overseas police actions and the drinking water in Flint is still garbage. Black men are still sentenced more harshly than other demographics for the same crimes, but let's bitch about toys.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They didn't even get rid of Mr and Mrs Potato Heads' genders, not sure why people are overreacting over a slight branding change, as if branding changes for long running products aren't a common practice in advertising.. Is this what happens in the age of Biden, bullshit non-stories cluttering up the public conversation?

I thought Trump was a giant baby, but it turns out that wasn't even it's final form. It had to multiply.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it's funny how the newsworthiness window shifts based on whichever party is currently in power.

Jaguar

If this daily dose of insanity becomes the norm, an army of Republicants will be running the floor in no time. Who will be the next target? I know, Ben & Jerry's. The fudge and caramel swirl in the vanilla ice cream is racist.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's a reason I wanted a guy who cared about more than restoring norms. If the norms were working so well, Trump wouldn't have been elected.

Jaguar

How the hell am I going to buy a house in a state run by losers? To think politics and pandemics are now part of the picture is insane.