• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

Jaguar

THERE IS A QUOTE IN THIS THREAD.

He's not telling you his position, he's talking about an average American's. I have nothing to say that's flattering about an average American. Over 70 million people just voted for a psychotic whore - populist wackos with a mob mentality.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

A new bird?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's not telling you his position, he's talking about an average American. I have nothing to say that's flattering about an average American. Over 70 million people just voted for a psychotic whore - populist wackos with a mob mentality.

Seems to me he was worried the average american might choose "tearing down the system" in spring of 2020. Methinks that was actually his position, and not a frank and well-considered assessment of the American character.

Jaguar

Seems to me he was worried the average american might choose "tearing down the system" in spring of 2020. Methinks that was actually his position, and not a frank and well-considered assessment of the American character.

I could be eating kale and tomatoes. You'd walk into the room and ask: "Why do you hate animal testing?" then claim it was 'actually' my position despite a lack of evidence.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

A new bird?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could be eating kale and tomatoes. You'd walk into the room and ask: "Why do you hate animal testing?" then claim it was 'actually' my position despite a lack of evidence.

Sorry for falling into that naive trap of not taking politician's words at face value. I forgot Donald Trump was the only politician to not tell the truth.

Jaguar

CleverWelcomeLaughingthrush-size_restricted.gif

Don't take the car at face value. You'll be fine.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As upset as you may justifiably be, unfortunately the only path into actualizing the changes you'd like to see is going to come incrementally from within the current political process. There are no perfect candidates so you really just have to make a choice on which candidate you believe will check most of the political policy boxes which align with your own.

I agree with you since I like to avoid unnecessary revolutions. However if the things are this simple people would vote for third parties, that would be viable. What is evidently linked to how the system currently works. Therefore at least allowing people to be grumpy about all this is fair in my book. Plus in all of this you have a problem, which is that if you allow people to lower the bar quite low someone like Trump can look as the person that fits more of the boxes then a "normal" politician. Everything that I wrote today on this topic basically comes down to the criticism of why are the bars so low (in a number of counties). Since that allows almost everyone to become relevant, while being a politician isn't really trivial job if you do it right.

Plus there are realistic odds that Trumpists could prove you wrong about this. Because if you lower the bar too low by denying obvious problems and solutions sooner or later someone will say the old classic "We can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way". And then the real problems will start. Therefore there simply has to be some basic accountability even if this is "your guy". I mean if you are lowering the bar you are part of the problem not a part of solution. However in extreme cases the entire political spectrum can be guilty of this and then you inevitably get "We can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way".

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If Democrats won the majority, I'mma be hella rude about it, just an FYI

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I will never cease to be amazed at the Trumpist appropriation of the Village People.

Jaguar

This is like watching people rant about wanting an umbrella with no chance of rain.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

A new bird?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can't wait to do hunger games stuff!

I wonder who will be picked as tribute for the milkshake combat arena.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
lol ya'll merica is officially wilding out , waiting for the purge siren to hit any moment... may the odds be ever in your favor

Lark

I hope the next persecuted minority will be the racists. So sick of those guys.