• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questioning

Mole

Permabanned
Who wrote Personality Types? Is Personality Types based on any empirical evidence? How did the author treat his female patients? Who did the author support during WW II? Did the author also write The Red Book? Does The Red Book show the author was psychotic?

We might go on further to ask whether mbti was plagiarised from Personality Types? Do the authors of mbti have any qualifications in psychometrics whatsoever?

We might go on to ask why we recruit large numbers of school children anonymously?

However by asking such questions we question the raison d'être of mbti. This brings a reaction such as questioning the character of the questioner.

Also asking such questions brings not so subtle attempts to silence the questioner by constant accusations of being off topic, and yet no way of determinging what is off topic or not before posting - a catch 22.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Who wrote Personality Types? Is Personality Types based on any empirical evidence? How did the author treat his female patients? Who did the author support during WW II? Did the author also write The Red Book? Does The Red Book show the author was psychotic?

We might go on further to ask whether mbti was plagiarised from Personality Types? Do the authors of mbti have any qualifications in psychometrics whatsoever?

We might go on to ask why we recruit large numbers of school children anonymously?

However by asking such questions we question the raison d'être of mbti. This brings a reaction such as questioning the character of the questioner.

Also asking such questions brings not so subtle attempts to silence the questioner by constant accusations of being off topic, and yet no way of determinging what is off topic or not before posting - a catch 22.

The book is called Psychological Types, not Personality Types, and it was written by Carl Jung. You and I previously discussed the "empirical evidence" issue here.

You and I have previously discussed your apparent misunderstandings with respect to Jung's WWII history here, here and here.

You and I previously discussed Myers's training in psychometrics and your I-don't-know-whether-to-laugh-or-cry "plagiarism" allegations here.

Thank you for giving me yet another opportunity to help clear up a few of your many misunderstandings.