• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Qanon, conspiracy theories, and the Fairness Doctrine

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you understand that the people most vocal about free speech only believe it in for themselves, they are much easier to understand (Elon Musk banning journalist en mass from Twitter for example). They aren't interested in a free press, freedom of thought and idea or freedom at all.

Well, a lot of the right is only interested in something when it applies to themselves, I've noticed.
That really stands out with all the crazy book bannings and educational censorship that is really being stepped up now.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That really stands out with all the crazy book bannings and educational censorship that is really being stepped up now.
Here in Germany conservatives find gender neutral speech (similar to the debate about "they" in English) oppressive, so they started to outlaw it.

It's ruining our language and confusing our children!

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children.gif

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Here in Germany conservatives find gender neutral speech (similar to the debate about "they" in English) oppressive, so they started to outlaw it.

CDU/CSU or AfD ? Or both ?

I mean here there is very big difference so I am wondering. Especially since we usually import your trends.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CDU/CSU or AfD ? Or both ?

I mean here there is very big difference so I am wondering. Especially since we usually import your trends.
In Hamburg the CDU started a petition. In Thuringia CDU and AfD together forbid the local parliament to use gender neutral language in its official communication ans in Schleswig-Holstein the CDU forbid officials (including teachers) from using it. The CDU in saxony also rejects it and during the election campaign in NRW Merz demanded that publically funded media stop using it.

The AfD is obviously even more against it than the CDU but they have less influence and power.

The CSU 's stance, somewhat bizarrely and yet tellingly, is that nobody should be "forced" to use gender neutral language g as if there was a gender police on the streets forcing people at point blank to use gender neutral terms. There actually was a middle manager at a big corporation who sued his company because he was so bothered by the company communication using gender neutral language. He lost.

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In Hamburg the CDU started a petition. In Thuringia CDU and AfD together forbid the local parliament to use gender neutral language in its official communication ans in Schleswig-Holstein the CDU forbid officials (including teachers) from using it. The CDU in saxony also rejects it and during the election campaign in NRW Merz demanded that publically funded media stop using it.

This is kinda standard or is this a new trend that came with new leadership of the CDU ? From what I understand new leadership is moving the party towards right.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is kinda standard or is this a new trend that came with new leadership of the CDU ? From what I understand new leadership is moving the party towards right.
I think they upped the culture war thing considerably since the end of the grand coalition and the leadership change. On the one hand that makes sense and serves a real democratic demand, on the other hand they keep acting as the weak copy and legitimizer of the hard right.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think they upped the culture war thing considerably since the end of the grand coalition and the leadership change. On the one hand that makes sense and serves a real democratic demand, on the other hand they keep acting as the weak copy and legitimizer of the hard right.

True, but there is different interpretation possible. They have to move right to better contain that hard right before it runs out of control. The examples of that happening can be seen in France, Poland, Hungary, Italy etc. From what I understand EPP in next federal elections will present itself in a much more right wing fashion in order to keep far right at bay. After all they are currently imploding in a sandwich between centrists and the far right blocks, so they just have to do "something". They lost something like 100 seats in the EU parliament over the last decade or so. Plus they don't have head of state in any of the big five members (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland). While in many member states they are in the single digits when it comes to support. At this rate they will surely lose the crown of main right wing block. Because far right is pushing them out, while mild members are just moving to Renew Europe. That is more of a globalist, pro business block. As I said: today you are either right or center. Center right just doesn't fit too nicely into the modern world. Thus they will have to fight for survival and how will that go we can only guess at this point. Because the changing influences of the internet and religion have serious political consequences.