• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Possible Function pairs that mimic Intuition?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
We all know that everyone uses intuition to a degree, however, it would make sense that certain functions acting in couples/pairs would mimic intuition. Some may believe they utilize intuition as a dominant function according to the information portrayed online pertaining to it, but it could be based on functions acting together that yield the same output. Someone who uses Ni in upper stack will soak in external input over time to feed the subconscious such that a sudden insight/realization or vision is born. The intake of external input will be a function of the end product. That is, if someone uses Ni coupled with Fe, then external intake will be a function of the object (people). If this was not the case, then the point of saturation would be less likely to be satisfied (defined as the point in time at which enough inputs have been translated from the external to the subconscious mind). For some cases, an Ni user will know something bad is going to happen without a conscious awareness of how they attained the conclusion....It makes sense that to maximize Ni potential, the received inputs must be broadened, meaning that it will be generalized from a larger span of reference. Now, if someone uses Se with introverted thinking closer to dominance, then similar conclusions should be made since Ti internalizes external input. The main difference is that focusing on the external for a pleasurable experience implies that the intake of inputs will be more specific (narrower/intensified focus) rather than generalized. However, Ti can formulate the discrete Se inputs over time to arrive at the same consensus as an Ni user. The difference is taking the summation of an area of inputs (Ti) versus taking the integral of an area of inputs (Ni). The intensity of focus on the external brings more reward for Se users. Therefore, the frequency and depth of Ni use will be decreased proportionately to the intensity of outward focus. Ti use would help create a broad internal map/framework of the inputs and therefore, the depth of insight would be similar to Ni. The distinction lies in how the connections are formulated. There could also be some similarity between Si and Ni use. Some Si users read veraciously to attain depth of insight, which can lead to a high degree of abstractness and wisdom beyond their years. Perhaps the accumulation of insights yielded from Ni users over time will make it likely for an Si user to falsely assume being an Ni user.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mmm. Interesting theory.
I agree that, to one point or another,
"Someone who uses Ni in upper stack will soak in external input over time to feed the subconscious such that a sudden insight/realization or vision is born. The intake of external input will be a function of the end product. That is, if someone uses Ni coupled with Fe, then external intake will be a function of the object (people). If this was not the case, then the point of saturation would be less likely to be satisfied (defined as the point in time at which enough inputs have been translated from the external to the subconscious mind)."

What about premonition? I sometimes have dreams that could be considered coincidence, except they happen too often.

Example- I once dreamt of my uncle's ex-wife (whom I still call aunt to this day). It was weird, because I had not seen her in years (we're talking a good 20 years, here).
I skyped my mom immediately after waking up, and guess who was there, right next to mom? Yep. My ex aunt had come by to wish my grandpa a happy birthday. She never comes by. Ever. What she was doing there is beyond me. And the fact that I dreamt of her the previous night was insane. It could be a total coincidence, of course, but things like that happen often to me.
This is the part of Ni that I am still trying to figure out, because it does not base itself on previous knowledge in this case...

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
Interesting...It seems dreams are compiled from input that is loosely connected and fed to the subconcious. So perhaps your subconcious translated the thought/inner awareness that your Grandpa's birthday was approaching and then loosely connected previous input pertaining to that relation. So, let's suppose you have a relatively recent thought that you haven't seen your aunt for some time, yet it's far enough into the past that the long term memory of that event is not processing. In this case, a dream may be initiated if you know your Grandpa's birthday is approaching. The other scenario is that you've spent some time with your Aunt years ago such that some current input may translate the past event into your subconcious feed for dreaming.

I always consider the thought experiment....Suppose you live your entire life in an empty room. You are only fed and sleep on the floor. You also have no concept of time...For this case, would you dream? If so, it must be connected to the inner workings of the mind.

I also noticed that dreams occur in higher frequency when relaxed as opposed to stress.This makes sense because fight or flight reactions allow one to be hyper aware of external environment for survival...yet the internal workings are repressed, which are likely a requisite for dreams ...meaning a rich imagination should facilitate more dreaming

Premonition is likely caused by unconscious accumulation of patterns over time which strengthens the ability to predict events if one is to focus their energy on understanding these patterns/meaning/relations.