• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Positive songs about solitude

Suna no Mai

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Maybe it's just me not understanding the subtle message between lines when it comes to English (It's not my native language) but I have the feeling that there are not many songs about the beauty of alone time. There is always a negative connotation to it, as far as I noticed.
There is one I can think of: Solitude Is Bliss by Tame Impala. It's really the only one I know. Yet this doesn't feel like a perfect example to me. For me, it still delivers this "I know I'm different, so just leave me alone"-message and I don't like it that much. There are plenty of introverts out there and all I want in a song is just a pure description of this feeling, without excuses or this "I'm a special snowflake" bullshit. Can you follow me?

I'm pretty sure there are these kind of songs out there. Somewhere. If you know any, please post them below and tell me why you like them so much or why it delivers this positive feeling for solitude to you.

Thanks!

Well, there's this song. It's old, but it describes the positive side of being alone in one's room.

Alternatively, there's loads of songs that bring that sort of feeling to me yet neither mention the idea of being alone nor being around other people. Many shoegaze/dreampop songs, for instance, would fall under that category.