• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pokemon GO- Version 1.1.0

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thoughts?

Imo-

Pros:

Favoriting button now protects those favorite pokemon from accidently being transferred. Currently have all pokemon favorited seeing as I never relaly keep dupes for very long. Helpful, decreases slip of finger accidents.

Now Im able to represent my team even better. Increases hype/community feel a bit. Maybe gives a boost towards competition by creating stronger feelings/associations with a team. Like sports memorabelia. Adds just a furthered 'feel'.

image.jpg

Negatives:

-Steps for tracking have been completely removed. Kind of a big deal and sort of takes away a part of the skill- imo- part of this game and kinda sorta replaces it with something more resembling randomness and luck. Which. Meh. Dont quite like.

- The warnings are kind of annoying, popping up every time I open up the app just about. But these are up in the air and I think more based on opinion as to whether a positive or negative.

Might make a poll later- but thoughts?- for now.

Tater

eh. it's unfortunate that so many players lost their data, and they should have fine-tuned the footprint system, but most of the changes they made make sense.

- the gui looks more welcoming
- the 'favorite' feature now acts as a fail-safe against accidental transfers
- transfers can now be conducted without swiping down and accidentally tapping on something
- avatars have more aesthetic freedom
- pokeball throwing is now more responsive

the cons mostly involve the excessive alerts, messages, and lack of tracking metrics.

i mean, the messages are obnoxious, but i know why they did it. they didn't know this game would break the internet and lead to so many incidents, so now they have to shift gears to avoid being sued. who knows if they haven't already had a case filed against them.

one of the first complains i heard launched at the game was concerning the character customization. it's good that they heard some of these gripes and took steps to improve that area. could use more, though.

regarding the footprints, i understand why they did that too. when developing an app, you usually want to remove features before adding new ones or patching issues. more code means heightened chances to cludge things up or create more glitches. additionally, the gps is so flaky (as most are) that even if they did fix this issue as much as they could, you would still wind up with a lot of inaccuracies. idk, i would have at least liked to see them try to fix it, because now you have to walk farther to pinpoint where a specific pokemon is.

the loss of player data is unacceptable.

i'll still play, but yeah. the initial 'boom' has subsided and it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to take the the money and run.

dear niantic,
welcome to the wonderful world of mmorpg customer relations. while you're hear, you may want to take some notes from blizzard.