• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help type me INXX

Nic10

Hi all, I'm unsure of my MTBI type, can you please help by sharing your thoughts on the below? Would really appreciate your views : )
The one thing I am set on is that I am definitely INXX. after that I'm going in circles.
I'll share my test results first, then I'll share my thought process into why I'm struggling to decide, including a bunch about me. It's very long (a bit of a novel)...but are the things I think about when trying to decide & keep seeing too many paradoxes that make it difficult for me to settle on a type. I'm great at typing everyone else but not myself. And Ps. I've studied typology & cognitive functions to death trying to decide.
1) Test results
• I've done the typology central functions test twice in the past few days since signing up. First time it said INFJ (Ne>Ni>Fe>Ti>Si>Fi>Se). Second time it said INTP (Ni>Ne>Ti>Fe>Si>Se>Fi).
• The first free online test I did was 16personalities.com & got INFP (I = 65%, N = 75%, F = 57%, P = 60%). On the humanmetrics.com I always test as INTJ. On Personality Junkie I tested recently as INTP.
What I've noticed is that I usually test as INFJ when doing cognitive function tests online - as I almost always score Fe > Fi, Inferior function usually Si or Se, dominant function usually Ni or Ne. But when I do standard dichotomy tests I score INXP more often than not (borderline T & F scores).
2) Why I'm struggling to decide based on these results & quite a bit about me...sorry for the length!
As long as I can remember I have lived mentally in the future. I struggle to live in the moment without focusing on what i could become, improve, dream up, etc. Im very ambitious but also a very kind hearted person. I always set goals.
As a child, say 6yo-> 12yo, I had a life dream of becoming an Author of fiction stories. I wrote tonnes of stories at school & home. I was very imaginative (am still) and often created unique games for friends/brothers. Im competitive when it comes to games. I was also very good at maths (was I guess the 'brainy boy' in my class- most of the guys were more S practical types). I was a bit shy. Teacher would ask questions, and I'd hold back answering even though I knew the answer. Was very shy about chasing girls until I was at Univerity.
All through school I was pretty crap at practical subjects (cooking, woodwork, etc) was slow and made heaps of mistakes. But i loved sports & was good at them e.g. running, basketball, rugby etc (I was not that great at sports where I had a stick in my hand though e.g. tennis). I was humble/quiet and underestimated while playing but competitive and hardworking... and got very passionate about basketball & it took over writing as my goal in life. In my teens I started getting into top teams in the high school & the region & even made semi-professional team in my late teens/early 20s.
At high school I tended to study/have interest in Japanese /Geography /History /Maths (stats & calc)/Physics. I was best at Japanese and Maths. I did chemistry but didnt get it. My interest in English & literature waned early in highschool and started writing less and less in my teens. My interest fully went towards Basketball. I even started a local Basketball tournament (multi year) with other kids in my town & did all the stats/made basketball cards/magazine etc. I coached a youth team at school too. I was into listening to rock music in a big way (heavy stuff) & a little rap.
At uni I got into Partying/drinking/girls/free styling rap and was playing basketball (all the normal stuff). Became very social. My music interest became very wide (all genres except pop). I was studying sports but skipped class lots & eeked through Bs and Cs. After a few years at uni I met my current wife. We've been together 15 yrs. Im a long term relationship kind of guy. I am quite a sensitive guy on the inside, and around angry outbursts by other people I feel very tense (I absorb their anger and hate it. I clam up). I used to want people to like me & so would try avoid conflicts & would find it difficult to pick sides and be opinionated. I dislike criticism, can get defensive. It takes me ages to get angry. I dislike violence/fighting (except in movies, books, where the dark & intense stuff is what im drawn to the most. My favourite genre thrillers/psych thrillers. sometimes i still dream up story ideas, theyre all horrors/thrillers/uniquely imaginative contructs). In practice tho i am kind and I like to calm people down and can sense if they are upset.
After a few years at uni I switched from sports (saw no good jobs in the future so changed my mind) into business studies. Was tossing up between marketing & psychology (the two subjects i was most fascinated by). Majored in marketing. Became very good at marketing research and analysis because of my good analytical abilities. Did a bunch of consulting gigs. I ended up graduating with post graduate & got a job in marketing research.
Once working I became extremely ambitious and very organised (more so than my peers). I was focused on learning how to get rich (investing etc) and climb the corporate ladder. Was getting into Anthony Robbins (anything self development) learning about property, rich dad poor dad etc I was one of the best in the company at my level and quickly got promoted to the youngest manager in the co. I was starting to burn out & switched to Insights management for a food manufacturer. I took it easy there for a couple of years and then repeated the same pattern- became ambitious again, started running marathons, climbed the ladder and completely burnt myself out trying to be awesome. I crashed and burned big time, got anxiety, physical health problems etc which led me into reassessing my life in a serious way in order to heal. I have got into meditation, mindfulness, spirituality literature, and Personality theory etc. Im much happier & healthier now, much more philosophical, driven to look for personal meaning and purpose, but grateful, more compassionate & aware of my tendency to seek salvation in the future.
im currently working in strategy & Insights (e.g. market analysis /pricing strategies/commercial mgt) and am actually very good at it. I'm very conceptual, very analytical, but not a computer guy, I suck at computers. I'm not into tech at all. I manage a team. I love socializing (even if I need a break after extended contact), and feel too alone if i dont have interaction, & I love being a dad to my kids.
My dilemma-
I struggle to accept that I am an inferior Fe (INTP). I feel way too considerate of others in my decision making. I am not blunt. I am very diplomatic in fact. I am very logical too though & am very interested in academic/philosophical things. I know a few INTP types who seem 'wayyyy' heavier on Ti vs. Me.
I struggle to accept I am Dom Fi and Inferior Te (INFP) even though I thought of myself as an INFP for a while. I often supress my personal values in decision making. And being so good at a T type job I find it hard to accept I am inferior Te. My cognitive function tests also routinely show Fe>Fi. I know some other INFPs and I perceive myself as different to them.
I am sometimes leaning towards INFJ. I however am quite the procrastinator, and not an inspiring/heart felt orator as is usually described of dom Fe types. I have met many other Fe dom/aux types & feel like my skills of using Ti is far stronger than those folks. My job being so heavy in data analytics makes me question it too. As does the fact I am not naturally very opinionated which many FJs are.
I have considered INTJ but do not for a second feel like the stereotyical cold, blunt, hard nosed type... I'm quite the opposite.
Final thing - I did an enneagram test recently and tested as 5w4 most likely type. 9w1 close behind. 3, 4, 6, below that. Very low score on 8 and 1.
Sorry for the long message... But any help please? I'm going nuts here..